Resolved zero motivation duelers

DeletedUser

I've read from quite a few players who have been talking about this way of fighting, but i haven't been able to find the "advantage" of this tactic anywhere I've looked in the forum.
If anyone has info regarding the possible benefits of this style I would appreciate your input

DeletedUser

You just duel duel and duel. Some people like to constantly duel and beat the crap out of other players. You might also find the occasional player with a ton of money on them.

DeletedUser

The benefit is, that 0% motivation duelers dont get their dueling level up high, which makes them challenge/be challenged within their level range. And as for the 'Experience' Duelers, They let their dueling level rise which makes them vulnerable to much higher level players that can beat them easily.

DeletedUser

The benefit is, that 0% motivation duelers dont get their dueling level up high, which makes them challenge/be challenged within their level range. And as for the 'Experience' Duelers, They let their dueling level rise which makes them vulnerable to much higher level players that can beat them easily.

what's the disadvantages?

DeletedUser

what's the disadvantages?
Nothing Really, Accept, If you get your motivation down to much at like level 15-20 You wouldn't be able to get as much good gear. (because your not leveling.)

DeletedUser

If your not leveling up means your NOT leveling up. IF(Your a 0% motivation dueler.) So say if your a worker and you duel down to 0% motivation,
When you win a duel you will get 0 exp(for all classes), Unless someone challenges and you win you would get around 20 xp or it depends on the challengers level.

DeletedUser

Months ago I had a soldier that I let advance very slowly, he was making money, w/o gaining experience. He was biding his time to let towns and shops build up. he would strip down to gray rags, and ask to come shopping for a mule. Once in town he would go on a spending spree buying top weapons and gear. At level 10, which took along time to reach, he went soldier and premium character. Awesome level 16 weapon, the newly received Soldier medal, and with the proper specing he was quite unbeatable.

Dueling trips were a chore to plan for logistically because he would only fight the lowest level opponents that he could, and would plan at least 10-12 fights to get motivation low, and continue that way.

Another note about patience and timing. By the time this happens, the world is chock full of noobs who started a town right away, couldn't build their town w/ 3 members, and just quit the game with Bank at level 1 or 2, and these "dead" players holding lots of cash. PS dead players cannot change their dueling stance, so you can milk them for all the money.

This soldier of mine went 154-0 before RL got in my way and I had to let him die. I am the first to admit that he was not the "Best" dueler, but my interest was only about having an undefeated streak.

DeletedUser

I am doing something like that in world 7...I realized that you should duel for CASH, not experience. I also did a lot of trading/carving claims to earn cash when i wasn't part of a town. As a result my character is level 27 (but 38 dueling level) with a 181-3 record dueling and I have $8,000 in the bank and already have the best gear possible.

Fancy Felt hat, Blue Bow, Fancy shirt, Brown boots & precise shot gun.

Because i specialized my character for dueling and have great gear, I am able to attack soldiers and overcome their "tactics" bonus with ease.

DeletedUser

Nice job.
Hopefully I have that sort of impressive inventory eventually, although you are probably 1,000 duels ahead of me at this point, which is probably about $25,000 in cash at least. I should have dueled more earlier in the game when there were more sitting ducks around.

DeletedUser

I am level 15 currently doing just fine dueling as much as I can. But do you think I should let my motivation rise a little bit, so I can reach like lvl 25 or so and then resume 0 motivation dueling?

DeletedUser

No doubt this form of dueling will be addressed in a future update just like resistance dueling was, because it is in theory a hack of the dueling system and I doubt the developers intended players to be fully kitted out at such a low level. Because it is a unfair advantage over players of a similar level, even if zero motivation duelers have been playing for longer. Sorry to say it

DeletedUser

No doubt this form of dueling will be addressed in a future update just like resistance dueling was, because it is in theory a hack of the dueling system and I doubt the developers intended players to be fully kitted out at such a low level. Because it is a unfair advantage over players of a similar level, even if zero motivation duelers have been playing for longer. Sorry to say it

I think there was a change where you got money according to your motivation but there also was an outrage and the whole thing was reversed. Something like that.

Duelers already receive only 1/3 of the victim's cash, if motivation plays a role too, then they won't make any cash at all.

DeletedUser

Aries...I agree... plus it further puts DUELERS at a disadvantage compared to soldiers b/c the motivation goes UP faster!!!

DeletedUser

People just do this because it gets their town rank up for every deul they win there town get 5 points.

If their are doing 8 deuls a day that is 40 points if a town has 20 people doing this.

20*40=800 a day then every week they get 4200 added to their overall town score pretty good if you get 20 people doing this.

Infact if there was 50 people doing this in a town it would be 2000 a day. and 10000 a week now that is lots of points!!!!!

DeletedUser

I don't know about that Ciaran...I think they do it because you can accumulate virtually unlimited cash with out leveling up.

DeletedUser

<<<< this was a bad idea so i edited>>>>

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Do you hear what you are proposing? Losing an item you have worked hard to buy, or you have found, or god forbid an item you have received from a quest *cough* Hernando's sword *cough*.