Advanced Planning for the Final Two Quests

DeletedUser

On world 7, my adventurer is designed around trying to be able to complete all of the quests. I am currently trying to figure out the most effective way to manage this. I want to be able to finish the final two quests at as early a level as possible, while at the same time not counting on any items I cannot buy in stores, and trying to keep the cost of items within a reasonable range (and of course, respeccing as little as possible). I do not intend to buy the best possible item for every one of these jobs as that would be so expensive as to not be the most effective way to achieve my goal. Assume I have finished, as a male adventurer, all the previous quests, and hence have all of the SP and AP bonuses from them.

The purpose of this thread is to theorize about how to best finish those last tough quests. I have not decided whether to take the thug route or sheriff route on 67, so I have separate plans for each possibility. Here is what I have so far. As my adventurer is just under 26, and the only character I have above 30 is a pure builder, I realize I am probably overlooking some things. But it’s something to at least start off the discussion.

Thug Path Plan

Step 1: Level 67
12 Leadership
90 Shooting
63 Shooting/Appearance (these SPs can go in either one without any difference, except for dueling purposes)
20 Dexterity
47 Charisma
34 Fine Motor Skills
22 Hiding
15 Vigor

1. Rob graves for 67 quest, having purchased the following items (I will not show the prices for items I already purchased for a previous job):
[$4360] Brown shawl
[$5600] Moccasins
[$850] Mustang
[$5000] Black Leather Jacket
[$5400] Lincoln’s Top Hat

2. Equip Green Shawl, Green Top Hat, Moccasins, Mustang, Black Leather Jacket for next part of 67 quest.
[$1900] Green Top Hat
[$3400] Green Shawl

Then respec to the following:

Step 2: Level 75
55 Charisma
20 Dexterity
153 Shooting/Appearance
12 Leadership
95 Vigor

3. Bounty Hunt for next part of 67 quest.
[$1920] Fancy Slouch Hat
[$9500] Fancy Coat
[$5100] Black Boots
[$3180] Precise Revolver No 1
Brown Shawl

4. Beat Traitor for 67 quest.

5. Ambush Stagecoach for next part of 67 quest.
[$4400] Fancy Tie
[$6400] Precise Schofield
Fancy Slouch Hat
Fancy Coat
Black Boots

6. Steer Paddle Steamer for 75 quest.
[$384] Push Dagger
Lincoln’s Top Hat
Fancy Tie
[$800] Green Checkered Shirt
[$5600] Charlatan’s Shoes

Should have no problem collecting the necessary rolls with wire and dynamite, and purchasing a schofield.

Step 3: Level 85
12 Leadership
90 Shooting
188 Hiding
55 Charisma
30 Dexterity

7. Guard stage coach to collect ten rounds for 67 quest.
[$1204] Blue Tie
Lincoln’s Top Hat
Black Leather Jacket
Black Boots
Precise Revolver No 1

8. Rob Settlers to collect the pocket watches for 67 quest.
Fancy Slouch Hat
Brown Shawl
Fancy Coat
Black Boots
Whip

9. Rob Trains for 67 quest.
Just items: 116
[$808] Black Bowler Hat
[$2200] Fancy Bow Tie
[$1800] Brown Waistcoat
Charlatan’s Shoes
[$1500] Corrosive Acid
Elixir

10. Transport Prisoners for 67 quest.
[$4100] Fancy Leather Hat
Golden Indian Necklace
Fancy Coat
Moccasins
Mustang
Precise Schofield

11. Win final duels to complete 67 quest.

12. Chase bandits for 75 quest.
Green top hat
Fancy Tie
Black Leather Jacket
Moccasins
Mustang
Precise Schofield

13. Guard stage coach for 75 quest.
Lincoln’s Top Hat
Blue Tie
Black Leather Jacket
Black Boots
Precise Revolver No 1

14. Burglary for 75 quest.
Green top hat
Brown shawl
Black Leather Jacket
Moccasins
Mustang
Precise Schofield

15. Win final duel to complete 75 quest.

Obviously, the order steps 7-11 can be mixed up a bit with steps 12-15.

Sheriff Path Plan

[Prior to starting, prepare by collecting Berries, Elixir, Oranges, Tomatoes and Coyote Tooth]

Step 1: Level 67
20 Dexterity
47 Charisma
33 Fine Motor Skills
23 Hiding
95 Tactics
68 Swimming
84 Shooting

1. Rob graves for 67 quest, having purchased the following items (I will not show the prices for items I already purchased for a previous job):
[$4360] Brown shawl
[$5600] Moccasins
[$850] Mustang
[$5000] Black Leather Jacket
[$5400] Lincoln’s Top Hat

2. Equip Green Shawl, Green Top Hat, Moccasins, Mustang, Black Leather Jacket for next part of 67 quest.
[$1900] Green Top Hat
[$3400] Green Shawl

3. Exploration for 67 quest.
Lincoln’s Top Hat
[$4400] Fancy Tie
[$9500] Fancy Coat
Charlatan’s Shoes
[$3180] Precise Revolver No 1

4. Win duel with pursuer.

5. Prison Guard to collect handcuffs.
[$3200] Indian Feather Hat
Brown Shawl
[$1304] Fancy Shirt
[$1500] Fancy Cotton Shoes
[$5400] Precise Peacemaker

6. Pony Express to collect post horn.
Adventurer Hat
Green Shawl
Fancy Coat
[$5600] Charlatan’s Shoes
Precise Revolver No 1
Elixir

7. Transporting Prisoners to collect shackles.
[$4100] Fancy Leather Hat
Golden Indian Necklace
Fancy Coat
Moccasins
Mustang
[$6400] Precise Schofield

8. Prepare for next segment by Picking Agaves to collect tequila.
Mexican Bandana
[$250] Donkey
[$1270] Sombrero
Black Leather Jacket
[$3940] Precise Army Revolver
Gray Cotton Shoes

9. Protecting the track of settlers for a cooking pot.
Green Top Hat
Fancy Tie
Black Leather Jacket
Moccasins
Mustang
Precise Schofield

Upgrade to Level 69, 2 Charisma and 6 Shooting

10. Mercenary work for whiskey.
Precise Peacemaker
Black Boots
Black Leather Jacket
[$1100] Fancy Woolly Hat
[$3400] Blue Shawl

Upgrade to level 75 to open up 75 quest.

11. Steer Paddle Steamer for 75 quest.
[$384] Push Dagger
Lincoln’s Top Hat
Fancy Tie
Green Checkered Shirt
Charlatan’s Shoes

Step 2: Level 75
20 Dexterity
49 Charisma
104 Hiding
87 Tactics
90 Shooting
28 Leadership
(yes, I’m aware that I have 6 more AP and 18 more SP at my disposal)

12. Chase Bandits for 75 quest.
Green top hat
Fancy Tie
Black Leather Jacket
Moccasins
Mustang
Precise Schofield

13. Guard stage coach for 67 quest.
Lincoln’s Top Hat
[$1204] Blue Tie
Black Leather Jacket
[$5100] Black Boots
Precise Revolver No 1

14. Guard stage coach for 75 quest (not sure if you can double up on these).

15. Burglary for 67 quest.
Green top hat
Brown shawl
Black Leather Jacket
Moccasins
Mustang
Precise Schofield

16. Burglary for 75 quest (if you can’t double up, then rearrange a little for the sake of motivation).

17. Chase bandits for 67 quest.

18. Transport prisoners for 67 quest.

19. Win final duels to complete 67 and 75 quests.

Soooo, any thoughts or suggestions?

DeletedUser

Regarding the lvl 67 quest, I doubt you'll finish it even before you reach lvl 73 or 74. If you choose the thug's way, the earliest possible level you can unlock the Robbing Trains job with the best possible gear (and pure dex/shooting build) would still be over lvl 70. Not to mention the amount of point reskilling afterwards to do Transporting Prisoners which doesn't have any blue skills.

DeletedUser

Um, I know all this, and I accounted for it all in the previous post.

DeletedUser

I wonder if anyone on any of the servers here has completed the lvl 67 quest. Tossing Transporting Prisoners in there at the end is really a curveball since it requires such a completely different build. I can't imagine anyone investing that much money to respec.
Unless it's to get the walking stick or find out what's behind door #3.

DeletedUser

Dang, am I the only one that looks this far ahead and into this level of detail? I was hoping for some kind of discussion.

DeletedUser

I was hoping for some kind of discussion.

Wrong board for discussion. Moving to Saloon, which will probably be better for the thread anyway, since it won't be buried by people asking how to trade with Indians. ;)

DeletedUser

Dang, am I the only one that looks this far ahead and into this level of detail? I was hoping for some kind of discussion.

im guessing you are probably one of very few, and those few might not wanna share their secrets

DeletedUser

Nice job Boethius on planning so far ahead (i like it, and it's handy ;)), but even if you follow your plan step by step, there are more things that can delay it more than you plan it ahead.

Think about getting "only" 3 Handcuffs :huh: => 1% chance (2% with premium), it's less than Union flag ... that can delay you 10-20 lvls ... or u can have it in 2 hours if u're nickname it's Mister Luck.

I'm just there on other 2 worlds (need 3 handcuffs :dry:), and i have the proper items for all the jobs, but because i play also to remain in top 2 and 5, it would be a very, very, very long quest to finish.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

you have done a really good job planning all that and i think it would of taken a lot of effort to do. i will use it no doubt, maybe with a few differences.
shadowarrior has a point with the handcuffs tho. it is taking me a long time to get even one and i am an adventurer so i have that little bit extra luck. if you are willing to slow down a bit in your lvls in constant search then it is a good plan. still well done on the hard work

DeletedUser

Glad I could help.

And yes, the handcuffs will be a pain. I don't know what to do to change my plan though, except perhaps respec a bit to get more labor points for that job once I have it. Planning ahead can be done with a great deal of precision, but you can't create a plan that will cover every contingent, because there are too many random things in this game. Hopefully it won't take me six months to get those handcuffs.

DeletedUser

Planning ahead can be done with a great deal of precision, but you can't create a plan that will cover every contingent, because there are too many random things in this game.
If you pretend that you've found the Walking Stick, the Gentleman's Set lowers your need to move skill/attribute points around.
It's a difference of 21 points for steering a paddle steamer, which means you need 10 less points in swimming.

Disclosure: i have the walking stick

DeletedUser

If you pretend that you've found the Walking Stick, the Gentleman's Set lowers your need to move skill/attribute points around.
It's a difference of 21 points for steering a paddle steamer, which means you need 10 less points in swimming.

Disclosure: i have the walking stick

You don't need any swimming, nor do you need fine motor skills.

DeletedUser

I can most probaly do the 67 quest first path with little to no problems. Just need about 15 points in hiding, and my pure shooting will take care of the rest.

The problem is with the second part: the art thief. I have to do a complete respec and that;s no fun at all. Is it really worht it ,getting that key??

DeletedUser

I can most probaly do the 67 quest first path with little to no problems. Just need about 15 points in hiding, and my pure shooting will take care of the rest.

The problem is with the second part: the art thief. I have to do a complete respec and that;s no fun at all. Is it really worht it ,getting that key??

No one will know until someone gets the third key and finds out what you get for all three.

And why do you need 15 points of hiding? The only jobs in the first path of the quest that use it are robbing trains and robbing settlers, both of which also use shooting.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

He may be talking about needing hiding for the first quest in the desert, where you need 60 hiding, green shawl and (Wednesday?) some day of the week to accept.

DeletedUser

He may be talking about needing hiding for the first quest in the desert, where you need 60 hiding, green shawl and (Wednesday?) some day of the week to accept.

Tuesday, Ambush stagecoach is Wednesday, but yeah, you're probably right, although my shooter did most of it with gear and only had to respec like 5 points IIRC, but I don't feel like figuring the gear again.