Script Painted Portraits - Reskinning The West Characters (GM script)

DeletedUser

[box=black]Script Details
Available From: Userscript.org
Script Version: 0.21
Works on Version: Unknown[/box]

Install here

Script that gives new ingame portraits. 15 characters repainted so far: Greenhorn, Female greenhorn, Male wanderer, Female wanderer, Indian, Squaw, Prospector, Bounty hunter, Gunslinger, Gunslinger girl, Hangdog, Cowboy, Craftsman, Cavalrywoman, Iroquois.

If the developers are cool with the concept, I will add more portraits later. Have fun with it! A special thanks to Shulik, who did all the coding.

If you have suggestions for portrait images, please post links in the thread. Note that I will only use painted or drawn graphics for now, not fotos.

Attachments

• indian.jpg
    indian.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 93
  • cowboy.jpg
    cowboy.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 80
  • bountyhunter.jpg
    bountyhunter.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 56
  • cavalry_woman.jpg
    cavalry_woman.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 63
  • gunslinger_woman.jpg
    gunslinger_woman.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 70
Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser14280

Well, I'll wait until it reaches 1.0 before giving it a shot.

What I'd really appreciate is a script that gives you a cannon in duels.
Any chance of that?

DeletedUser

What I'd really appreciate is a script that gives you a cannon in duels.
Any chance of that?

I suppose Shulik is able to, however you'd have to ask him. I can always provide some graphics, if you manage to persuade him. ;)

DeletedUser

How do I run the script? I have greasemonkey but now what? I just installed it, never used that app before now so... ya know? *clueless* lol

DeletedUser

How do I run the script? I have greasemonkey but now what? I just installed it, never used that app before now so... ya know? *clueless* lol

You need to:

1. Install greasemonkey.
2. Restart firefox.
3. Install the script.
4. Refresh your gamescreen.

Did it work? :)

DeletedUser

It Would work IF I knew how to install the script! ack :laugh: Like I said i have no clue HOW TO use GreaseMonkey. I have it installed but but.... how do I put the script into it????

DeletedUser

It Would work IF I knew how to install the script! ack :laugh: Like I said i have no clue HOW TO use GreaseMonkey. I have it installed but but.... how do I put the script into it????

You need to press the green install button on the script page.

it work but it should have some resize pic
I am not sure if I understand you mate, sorry!

DeletedUser

The men in your portrait images have character. Their faces tell stories about them. I'd almost like to hear what that old cowboy has to share about his experiences.

The women have boobs. :dry:

DeletedUser

The men in your portrait images have character. Their faces tell stories about them. I'd almost like to hear what that old cowboy has to share about his experiences.

What's wrong with boobs? :)

what about a new version ? I'd like to see the adventurers :)

I have a lot of leftover pictures laying around, I only used the ones I liked best. However I am considering to rely heavy on art taken from western comics, since I think there is a lot of good characters there. I don't know when I will get around and search though. The biggest work on this mod is finding good looking painted/drawn western portraits.

DeletedUser

I agree Betsy: I prefer the women too.

DeletedUser

I think you have to expect that with males doing the pictures. I don't think some guys even realize that females have faces. :blink:

DeletedUser

Boobs are hot and sexy! :)

I don't like these all that much...
maybe it's just something about the coloring that doesn't appeal to me...

DeletedUser618

boob 1 (b
oomacr.gif
b)n. Slang A stupid or foolish person; a dolt.

[Short for booby.]
boob 2 (b
oomacr.gif
b)n. Vulgar Slang A woman's breast.

Yes, compare me to a dolt. I expect people to be more considerate to each other. I should know better by now.

DeletedUser

Boobs are hot and sexy! :)

I don't like these all that much...
maybe it's just something about the coloring that doesn't appeal to me...

I think they may be a bit one-dimensional compared to the handsome guys. I will consider swapping them out, if I find some women with more character ;)