Level 67 Quest - The Raid

DeletedUser

I reached level 67 recently, but despite the usually well-informed promise made by WestStats, the Sheriff didn't offer a new job. Simultaneously, the most recent game update promised that this quest sequence had been "made easier". Suspecting a bug, I filed a report and got the following reply from the support team (Glenn ZA):

"I am not 100% certain, but I think you need to have a specific item equipped when entering the saloon on a Friday?"

Now I can only hope that it isn't the walking stick. :) Does anybody have a clue what it is? (Just in case it's nothing that I currently own.)

DeletedUser

speaking of being made easyer, does anyone know exactly how it has been changed to be easyer?

DeletedUser

speaking of being made easyer, does anyone know exactly how it has been changed to be easyer?
I don't think you need whiskey anymore i think there is something else but i am not aware of what it is.;)

DeletedUser

Well Whiskey was the least of the problems really, but the combination for decision 1 is really tough ... problem is that you need to do major skill shifts between the first and second half of decision 1, which gains you the Walking Stick.

I am curious as well! Hopefully I'll see on Friday. *g*

DeletedUser11353

You don`t need whiskey anymore for decision no2, transporting prisoners has been replaced with prison guard and it doesn`t need to be wedsnday anymore to accept some quest(not sure which one)

DeletedUser

You don`t need whiskey anymore for decision no2, transporting prisoners has been replaced with prison guard and it doesn`t need to be wedsnday anymore to accept some quest(not sure which one)
Now that would be great! Transporting Prisoners was THE problem after getting the skills straight to do most of the other stuff.

As long as it's just a daily check in the saloon and not some obscure item, all fine with me! :D

DeletedUser

Getting the shooting to 200+ to be able to do all the required jobs at the same time isn't exactly what I call easy.

I just wonder what all that talk about the "Waupee way" is about. Does the game remember what you chose in the past and perform a miracle later on?

And I heard that taking the "?" item at the first occasion (lower level quest) was rather disappointing, but people seems to presume that this is different in "The Raid"?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Isn't it still ...

1) Bounty hunter
2) Ambush stagecoach
3) Robbing settlers
4) Guarding the stage coach
5) Robbing trains
6) Prison Guard

That you have to do in this order? Not easy to do it all without reskilling in between.

DeletedUser

If you are a pure dex/shooting build with the best gear available, you won't need heavy reskilling, just need enough skill points to unlock Robbing Trains which has the highest difficulty.

DeletedUser

If you are a pure dex/shooting build with the best gear available, you won't need heavy reskilling, just need enough skill points to unlock Robbing Trains which has the highest difficulty.
Indeed. If you're not, it does get very problematic. ;)

DeletedUser

But doesn't it also require 60 hiding?
Forgive me, I'm a newb, but I was just reading about this quest on West Stats out of curiosity.

DeletedUser15699

You can get most of that with the right gear.

No you can't you must be at least at 90 level to do all these jobs.Even than you must redistribute your skill points. It's a tough quest to finish much tougher than the one at level 73.

Quote :
Ok now when we have pants and belts it's a lot easier:donkey:

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1105

He means you can get towards the 60 points required in hiding by buying the best hiding items. I worked it out like such:

Green Top Hat - 9
Black Leather Jacker - 11
Moccasins - 11
Tomahawk/Sharp Tomahawk/Throwing Knives - 3

34 points gets you more than halfway there. It's a shame you have to be wearing the green shawl at the same time, which gives no help whatsoever to hiding :)

This is the quest I'm stuck on on W2. Although I am about to start spending my SP on hiding, which will help towards my main goal of doing Robbing Trains.

DeletedUser1105

indian set gives you 46 thowards hiding

Does it? West Stats says the following for 4 items of Indian Set:

+8 Mobility

+8 Hiding
+8 Swimming
+8 Setting traps

+30 labor points towards Hunt coyotes
+40 labor points towards Hunting buffalo
+50 labor points towards Hunting wolves

+44% speed

That's a total of 16 points. I chose 4, because you must be wearing the Green Shawl, so couldn't wear the Golden Indian Necklace. Even with 5 though, I can only see 20 hiding points.

Or am I missing something? :unsure:

DeletedUser

yea you are =P With 4 items its 38 to hiding, and a massive mobility boost. The shoes and jacket give 9 and 2 mobility. so 38 with 4 items