Zero Motivation Duelers

• Thread starter Moisley Massacre
  • Start date

DeletedUser

After reading through the stupidity of this thread I have now been inspired (-=

I have started a new account on World 3 as a 0 motivation... Greenhorn...

Since I'm going to go Noobish and duel all the time why not stay a Greenhorn? I think my goal will to stay as low a level as possible and duel 24/7 and annoy ALL.

Thank you for making me see the light (-=

DeletedUser

Has anything been changed in regards to low motivation dueling and the amount of money you make? I use to make alot of money, but since the last update I have made $1-$3, 12 times straight.

DeletedUser

Players have wizened up and put there cash in the bank... time to move on and find fresh new cash cow (-=

DeletedUser

So you are saying nothing has changed and try to make money by actually working and not dueling? This is how I made tons of money even just last week. $20 for 2 hours working some lame job is quite boring I tried that on world1. In world 8 I am only level 25(dueling level 38) and usually made $200 - $1000 each day. Am I just in the range where people learn to bank the low amounts of cash they have and only higher levels will carry large amounts of cash? I even dueled a few workers that were out working high cash jobs and even they only had $3,.. or nothing at all. Something seems messed up. I think I am going to go duel one of my friends and see what happens.

DeletedUser

I even dueled a few workers that were out working high cash jobs and even they only had $3,.. or nothing at all. Something seems messed up.

Just because they're working a money job doesn't mean they aren't on their first shift. Look at the dueling thread in any world and you'll see that nothing has changed.

DeletedUser

So even if your motivation is ZERO all the time, you will still get 1/3 of the money when you win the duel? My motivation is not usually zero but it has been the last 2 days and I can't win $5 to save my life. Is it just that it's easier to take money away from noobs being that they don't know they have to bank it often? I was an adventurer in world one and learned that quick. But I still got hit on the way to the bank quite often. This is just too frustrating. Thats the only reason I am questioning it. If they didn't change anything, it seems like a bug since the recent update. Just my suspicion.

DeletedUser

I lost $300 in a duel yesterday after 4 hours of ambush. If you're carrying cash, you lose a third of it. Unless...maybe it is possible that the fix for the dueler cash exploit has affected cash earned by duelers, but that would have been just in the last week or two and should only affect you if you're a dueler (as in the class, not "one who duels").

DeletedUser

Unless...maybe it is possible that the fix for the dueler cash exploit has affected cash earned by duelers, but that would have been just in the last week or two and should only affect you if you're a dueler (as in the class, not "one who duels").

What was the dueler cash exploit?

DeletedUser

Duelers get a 10-20% bonus to $ reward of a duel, this is created from nothing. Two duelers hitting each other and reversing wins basically can spiral their money up out of nothing.

DeletedUser

so this is something they fixed recently? Seems like a good plan although it is cheating.

Is anyone else a low motivation dueler that wins $1 quite consistantly?
I just dueled 5 more times and here's what I got......
$1, $0, $0, $1, $1. ??????????????? This seems to be a problem. I have never had this happen. They must have changed something.
If anyone else is having this problem please let me know.

DeletedUser

I experienced something yesterday that would seem to support silverhawk's assumption of a change to the dueling money rewards. World 9, so it's 1.21

After completing a job which earned me $33 I was dueled and lost only $6 instead of the expected $11. My attacker was a soldier, so the dueler bonus wouldn't have come into play. My dueling level was 54 and the soldier's was 63 and he received 46 experience.

Using that value against the expected experience value from the formula in the help file I estimated he was at around 67% motivation, which doesn't quite match up with the $6 instead of $11. I'm not sure what to make of this but I figured sharing the information could help.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Does that mean that workers and adventurers shouldn't be affected by job motivation? :blink:

DeletedUser

Here is one more confirmation:

7silverhawk7 Today at 6:06 PM I thought so,... they changed the money duelers can make when their motivation is low.
thanks.
-killer34- Today at 10:00 AM nah m8 i had about 100 $ on me sorry
7silverhawk7 On 8/18/09 at 6:46 PM Sorry to bother you(and for dueling you),.. I am testing something out. I use to make alot of money when dueling with low motivation, but now it seems that I don't make anything. I made $1 from dueling you. Did you only have $3-4? I think they changed something. Thanks!

ELMYR,.... do you know if this is something that can be fixed. Who do we contact about this. Was it on purpose to force duelers to work? Or was it a mistake from the recent update. This would be good to know.

progress.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

well, if low/zero motivation duelers can end up getting 0 exp from duels, then it only makes sense that the money correlates with the exp and you get less and less as your motivation goes down.