Best dueling outfit?

DeletedUser

So, I would like to hear your thoughts, what is the best outfit for dueling - two outfits in fact, for ranged and melee? I mean, when you have all the levels and money you may need.
I have a firearm dueler on w9 and for me it works like that:
For offense:
Fancy felt hat
Blue shirt
Brown boots
Grey shawl
For defense:
Fancy felt hat
Black coat
Brown boots
Brown bow

DeletedUser

I m melee and my opinion is that this is the best for overall dueling (cause you never plan that some1 attacks you lol)

From Gentleman set:
Fancy dress coat
Walking stick

Fancy ridding boots
Golden Buffalo
Fancy felt hat

Most of skill points into aim (highest priority) , dodge, vigor, appearance, tactics, reflex, toughness

You can also put more skill points into aim and dodge instead of vigor and use mexican bandana as your necklace

Like in real life, you have to wear fancy clothes to be somebody :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I usually waltz around in fancy leather hat, fancy coat, golden buffalo and brown boots

DeletedUser

I usually waltz around in fancy leather hat, fancy coat, golden buffalo and brown boots
That's fine for waltzing, and defense, but do you switch to fancy riding boots and brown shawl to attack people?

DeletedUser

In general:

Melee:
Fancy Leather Hat/Fancy Felt Hat (user preference)
Fancy Dress Coat
Fancy Riding Boots
Brown Shawl/Golden Buffalo (user preference)

Range
Fancy Leather Hat/Fancy Felt Hat (user preference)
Fancy Coat/Fancy Dress Coat/Black Coat (user preference)
Brown Boots
Golden Buffalo

Basically, the only difference between offense gear and defense gear is that defensively, you want more tactics and offensively, you want more appearance.

DeletedUser

That's fine for waltzing, and defense, but do you switch to fancy riding boots and brown shawl to attack people?

Nope i'm a gunman, i might switch the hat and the jacket to fancy felt and fancy waistcoat

DeletedUser

Most of skill points into aim (highest priority) , dodge, vigor, appearance, tactics, reflex, toughness

For appearance and tactics dont waste your skill points on because theres alot of gear that has high tactics and appearance bonuses. I have a melee dueler and i have points only in dodge aim and vigor, probly going to start put in reflex to.

You can also put more skill points into aim and dodge instead of vigor and use mexican bandana as your necklace

It's still safe to put most in vigor. It just makes it more complicated if you put more in dodge and aim then vigor. because the damage is important to.

DeletedUser

If you put points into all those dueling skills, you'll spread yourself out way too much and be a really poor dueler.

If you're going for a resistance build, then put points into Toughness, Reflex, Vigor/Shooting, Aim. That's all you need.

If going for a regular dueler, then Aim, Dodge, Vigor/Shooting, appearance, tactics.

DeletedUser

If going for a regular dueler, then Aim, Dodge, Vigor/Shooting, appearance, tactics.
I just use gear for appearence/tactics its much easier so you can just focus on vigor/shooting + dodge and aim

DeletedUser

Your right, I like them both but the dodging over the tactics wins out.

DeletedUser

If you put points into all those dueling skills, you'll spread yourself out way too much and be a really poor dueler.

didnt you just say same as me lol :)

I havent put any point into Toughness and Reflex which is why I put them into last place in priority

Resistance character is quite bad cause with Reflex and Toughness you cant do almost any job good...

DeletedUser

Not that I consider them the best, but there are also several items cheaper to buy and are not even considered by most as an option, like the fancy bow tie (+1 strength, 6 dodge, 5 tactics) apart from its other non-dueling bonuses, brown tie (+1 strength, 9HP, 6 dodge). Also consider the sandals (Mexican set item) +8HP, 8 dodge, 6 aim.
What one will use depends on user preference and whatever the situation demands. If you camp a town, you would consider getting the most HP regeneration you can have within the level of hotel you're staying, so wear HP boosting items while asleep.

DeletedUser

Fancy leather hat.
Fancy riding boots.
Fancy dress coat.
But I'm never sure about which headband to use. I vacillate between using a golden buffalo and a bone necklace. I've never been able to figure out which one is the better. I suppose I could try them each on someone - one hour apart. Any volunteers?

Bone necklace - worker class, +5 Strength, +3 appearance.

DeletedUser

It's really just user preference. I've always worn the golden buffalo, but i'm switching over to the brown shawl for the extra vigor, so I can remove some vigor points and put them elsewhere. Not that it really makes a difference for me in the dueling realm. Just need some extra pts for a specific job i'm trying to get.

Not sure what the bone necklace does, not my character class.

Resistance character is quite bad cause with Reflex and Toughness you cant do almost any job good...

Don't say that when i'm around ;)

Reflex for high lvl jobs, no. Toughness for high lvl jobs, yes. That's why my base toughness is almost triple my base reflex, but they are both relatively high compared to the rest of W1.

DeletedUser

Bone necklace is a quest reward from the worker class quest line. Very good IMO, +5 strength and 3 appearance is a must for melee.

DeletedUser

Fancy leather hat.
Fancy riding boots.
Fancy dress coat.
But I'm never sure about which headband to use. I vacillate between using a golden buffalo and a bone necklace. I've never been able to figure out which one is the better. I suppose I could try them each on someone - one hour apart. Any volunteers?

Bone necklace - worker class, +5 Strength, +3 appearance.

The difference between the two is so negilible that you would need 100s of duels to determine a difference