Can someone please tell me...

DeletedUser

I was just about to post a thread about this as well.

I think the reason she did it was so she can focus more on her national campaign by working in the private sector doing a bit of fundraising as a spokeswoman?

Announcing it right before Independence Day is a pretty obvious sign she's trying to bury it, though.

DeletedUser

She is probably hoping to get some of the spotlight off her and her family, especially since they seem to be the butt of many jokes. Biding her time, working quietly to revamp her image, maybe learn to read, etc.

DeletedUser

Yeah, I don't think "quitter" is going to be a good sell. She just sunk her future, not that she had much of one.

DeletedUser

Personally, I think it's past time for the Republican Party to become marginalized. I'm just wondering what other party could take it's place in this two-party system (yes, I know it's not a two-party system, but it sure as hell functions that way).

DeletedUser

Personally, I think it's past time for the Republican Party to become marginalized. I'm just wondering what other party could take it's place in this two-party system (yes, I know it's not a two-party system, but it sure as hell functions that way).

Ron Paul, 2012. The future looks bright.

DeletedUser

Talk shows finially got to her... I guess its alright if thats why she did it.

DeletedUser

I want my 40 acres and a mule dammit

seriously though Mrs. Palin was never too tightly wrapped to begin with. She cites the expense of the ongoing ethics probes as one of the reasons for resigning......now if the behaviour had not been suspect there wouldn't be all these pesky probes there Sara (donn'cha know)

DeletedUser

Well interestingly enough all those pesky ethics investigations aren't just going to go away. The figures she used as to their cost was grossly inflated. Not only that but the lawyers in the AG office would have been paid anyways so it isn't a question of money but on what else they could have spent their time doing.

There's a great article in Vanity Fair by Todd Purdham published before Palin resigned. http://www.vanityfair.com/politics/features/2009/08/sarah-palin200908

DeletedUser

Well, I don't have a reason to hate Palin,
#1. Her two oldest daughters are hot.
#2. She had the potential to be good, she just didn't use it when she should have.
#3. Her two oldest daughters are hot :)
#4. She gave everyone something to argue about.
#5. Her two oldest daughters are really freakin hot and I can't stop thinking about them!!!

DeletedUser

Well, I don't have a reason to hate Palin,
#1. Her two oldest daughters are hot.
#2. She had the potential to be good, she just didn't use it when she should have.
#3. Her two oldest daughters are hot :)
#4. She gave everyone something to argue about.
#5. Her two oldest daughters are really freakin hot and I can't stop thinking about them!!!

I agree with #1, #3, and #5 lol

DeletedUser

Well good luck with the oldest girl. She is now the poster child for teen abstinence. Literally. She is now a Teen Ambassador for Teens Pregnancy Prevention. A little late don't ya think?

Of course she is just saying whatever she needs to. February 17th she said
The best option is abstinence, the teen said, but added that she didn't think that was "realistic."
And May 7th she said
“Regardless of what I did personally, I just think that abstinence is the only … 100% foolproof way to prevent pregnancy,”
Way to go genius stating the obvious. [sarcasm]I'm so glad that after almost 3 months of being celibate she has changed her mind.[/sarcasm] Anything for the paycheck honey, you got a mouth to feed and Levi sure isn't going to keep your kid in Prada onesies. And if abstinence don't work you can always introduce your next possible conquest to your mother. That ought to scare any person with 1/2 a brain away.

And whats up with this Teen Ambassador crap anyways. Hayden Panettiere is her co-ambassador and we know she is no virgin. Having those 2 be ambassadors for abstinence is like having Courtney Love be the ambassador for "Just Say No".

Last edited by a moderator: