Kate's Ring (How do I get it?)

DeletedUser

On W9 it's worked fine for me, even i had with me more than 2500$ and not only 200$, what suppose to have with me.

DeletedUser

I've accepted the quest, removed my weapon, and have $200 in my hand. 7pm game time has been and gone and nothing has happened. No reports, no quests, no nothing. If I have to be logged on AT 7pm, then it's a bit of a pain, as that's 5am my time - and I ain't getting up for a game! Is the 20 minutes you, Whistlingleaf, spoke of my only opportunity to duel the thief? Am I going to have to have an early night and set my alarm????

DeletedUser

I've accepted the quest, removed my weapon, and have $200 in my hand. 7pm game time has been and gone and nothing has happened. No reports, no quests, no nothing. If I have to be logged on AT 7pm, then it's a bit of a pain, as that's 5am my time - and I ain't getting up for a game! Is the 20 minutes you, Whistlingleaf, spoke of my only opportunity to duel the thief? Am I going to have to have an early night and set my alarm????

The first quest is 7 pm Monday, where you duel the thief. That's the one you're talking about with the $200. The last quest is any time Wednesday, again with no weapon equipped, where you duel the dealer.

DeletedUser

Monday, huh? I'll bide my time then before I hurl the computer out the window in frustration! Thanks :)

DeletedUser

The first quest is 7 pm Monday, where you duel the thief.

Sorry, Elmyr, but that's not true, you can duel the thief any day. I did the whole questline yesterday on 2 worlds.

@Jools: Yes, 7pm game time is a time when you have to be online as that's the time when the duel quest appears, it stays for a couple of hours though, so you might not get up that early. (and if it still doesn't appear, try with $300 cash or more)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I think the window for dueling Thief is between 19:00 to 23:50 server time.

DeletedUser

For the record, I did it two more times Friday, so it definitely doesn't have to be Monday, not that I ever doubted JB, and both times had more than $200, so that doesn't need to be exact either.

DeletedUser5677

Thanks Elmyr. Ive read through so many threads about this, your monday or friday time must be it My character has done everything the quest asks for. It's frustrating. Why don't these non English speaking companies hire translators? It can't cost more than the players theyve lost due to [confusion]. :unsure:

Edit: met all the qualifications possible. still cant do this ******ed kraut kowboy quest.

Vill kommenzie mit der uber inztructionz? was ist lost here mit zer sauerkrauts.

DeletedUser

Thanks Elmyr. Ive read through so many threads about this, your monday or friday time must be it My character has done everything the quest asks for. It's frustrating. Why don't these non English speaking companies hire translators? It can't cost more than the players theyve lost due to wtf syndrome.
:unsure:wtf.

Edit: met all the qualifications possible. still cant do this ******ed kraut kowboy quest.

Have you met all of these conditions?

1. Any day after 19:00 server time
2. No weapon equipped
3. At least $200 cash on hand.

You also have to accept the first quest "The unknown thief".

DeletedUser

I'm also having issues triggering this quest. Has anyone managed to meet the requirements since the forts have been added?

Current situtation:
World 2
Walked to town with no weapon arriving at 18:50 server time
Sold some items to get my money up to 238
Entered the saloon (just in case)
Waited for 19:05

Entering/exiting the saloon does not trigger the quest. I'll keep trying every so often in case there's a probability attached.

I'm also pretty certain I managed to trigger this quest before but can't remember the outcome. Maybe the quest has been flagged as completed for me hence so it won't re-trigger.

Been trying the last few days and any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers!

[EDIT]

The quest is definitely accepted.

DeletedUser5677

met all of these conditions:

1. tried EVERY day after 19:00 server time
2. No weapon equipped

accepted the first quest "The unknown thief".
Was in my town.
Was not sleeping in a hotel.

Nothing. no 2nd quest.:mad:

DeletedUser

Really? All works fine for me. Aside from the other conditions (no weapon, at least $200 on hand,19:00 server time) which you already followed, you have to be in your town and you must not be sleeping in a hotel to have the quest offered to you.

DeletedUser

You have to be in your town (if you belong to one)? I wasn't aware of that one, but I have always done it in my town (when I've belonged to one), just because the reward includes $1200.

DeletedUser

Thanks

For the explanation. I wasn't certain if it was server time or "real" time. Plus b/c it's a little confusing (steps to take in the right order) your explanation was greatly appreciated! Unfortunately, I don't have enough skill points to do silver mining yet so I can't finish the quest series.

DeletedUser

Which world are you in?

Sounds like we're in the exact same situation...

met all of these conditions:

1. tried EVERY day after 19:00 server time
2. No weapon equipped

accepted the first quest "The unknown thief".
Was in my town.
Was not sleeping in a hotel.

Nothing. no 2nd quest.:mad:

DeletedUser

Which world are you in?

Sounds like we're in the exact same situation...

Same here! I've been waiting since 19.00 and now it's already 23.30 and still nothing!?! I do fullfill all the requirements and I have accepted all the quests, but still waiting...and 23.50 will be here soon, when the period of time when quest appears ends. Grr.

DeletedUser

I wonder if it makes a difference which "saloon" you click.

I always click the one in town, but maybe we need to click "Quests" link on the left. I can't see why it would make a difference, but I'll be trying that next...

[EDIT]

And if that doesn't work, I'll try cancelling the quest and re-accepting... That might clear any dodgy flag that thinks I've already completed it (as I'm pretty sure I've triggered the quest once in the past and actually thought I had completed it but can't be 100% certain).

DeletedUser

Are you sure you didn't already complete Kates Wedding band (the Thief)?
If so, you need 5 silver bars for the next part.
And remember, any quest you have already completed will be listed in the saloon, and you can read them, and their epilogues, to help remember where you are up to.