DeletedUser3717

What do you think created the earth?

A religous icon called "God"

Or

A big bang made from "Science"

Lets debate this topic;)

nashy19

Nashy (as himself)
Newton's Law of gravity, or just gravity itself depending on how picky you want to be.

What; would be rocks and gas.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

The big bang wasn't "made" by science, it's merely an idea that is supposedly the most plausible explanation for now.

DeletedUser

Science doesn't make anything. It explains the observable world. Whether God or some other force is behind the big bang (or evolution or quantum mechanics) can not be lab tested therefore science has no interest in it.

DeletedUser

Can't we just copy and paste the PP v JC and evolution deathmatch thread in here? I'm too tired to go over all the reasonable intelligent facts supporting rational thinking. Anybody else feel the same :D

DeletedUser

i got 1 question for you. if god made the universe, then who created him? everything needs a source to come from. and Denisero i feel the same, my brain hurts :/

DeletedUser

Similar debate: which is the better instrument, the piano or the scalpel?

Reactions: Gem

DeletedUser

hey I can play a mean scalpel (and it comes in handy while cutting a rug too)

DeletedUser

Ok. We are going to settle this once and for all. I am God. Yes, it's true. I created the Universe. Quite by accident really. I was cooking up a soufle one day for Zeus and wouldn't you know it, he was telling me this great joke about Hades and Poseiden drinking in a bar when at the end he was laughing so hard everything began to shake. Well that is all it took. The soufle exploded and the universe began. Normally I would have cleaned the mess up but let's just say that we had been hitting the Ambrosia a bit too hard.

So there you are. You are all made of soufle stuff. Lick each other to taste your divine goodness and live in harmony.

DeletedUser

I wouldn't want to lick just anyone!

On a side note, I will restate a previous post I made in another thread except I will change a word: God Created Science!

DeletedUser

Faith is the belief in something without absence of proof.

Science is systematic knowledge of the physical or material world gained through observation and experimentation.

One has nothing to do with the other and does not rule each other out. A person can have faith and still observe the world around them and recognize truth.

Please don't shove your religion down my throat and I won't make you read any scientific journals. Just please be open to the possibility that there are observable and testable solutions/explanations for why things work/function/evolve they way they do as I will remain open to the possibility that there really is an invisible man in the sky with a sick twisted masochistic sense of humor.

DeletedUser

Faith is the belief in something without absence of proof.

Science is systematic knowledge of the physical or material world gained through observation and experimentation.

One has nothing to do with the other and does not rule each other out. A person can have faith and still observe the world around them and recognize truth.

Please don't shove your religion down my throat and I won't make you read any scientific journals. Just please be open to the possibility that there are observable and testable solutions/explanations for why things work/function/evolve they way they do as I will remain open to the possibility that there really is an invisible man in the sky with a sick twisted sadistic sense of humor.

fixed

DeletedUser

Thanks...just woke up from nap. And yet I still make more sense than most bible thumping fundies.

DeletedUser

Religion did start off as a way to explain things that people did not understand. A god made the sun travel across the sky with his chariot, etc. As people developed so did their understanding of the way things truly work.

DeletedUser

I always liked Norse gods, specifically Loki. I swear I must have read just about every book by Joseph Campbell. Truly fascinating stuff.

DeletedUser

I always liked Norse gods, specifically Loki. I swear I must have read just about every book by Joseph Campbell. Truly fascinating stuff.

Snorri Sturluson e.g. is a better author for you then...who's that Campbell guy anyway? He sounds way too English to have a connection with Norse mythology :D

Status
Not open for further replies.