Kate's wedding band (The unknown thief)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Kate's wedding band (The unknown thief) - lvl 46 quest.

Can anyone give me a hint about how to go with this quest ?

Thanks.

DeletedUser

Whistlingleaf Author
Gunslinger

The quest isn't explained that well in-game and the steps are out of order and incomplete on the WestStats... this is not a secret quest so I'm not divulging state secrets here...

Highlight the text below if you want a walk thru on the entire quest:

First part of the quest you have to be doing nothing at 7pm in-game time and have 200$ EXACTLY on you and have NO weapon.

After 7pm - click on the saloon and look for a new quest from the Sheriff.

You have 20 minutes to defeat the Thief in a duel with NO weapon. He is very easy and does very little damage, so you can try many times until you complete it if needed.

You get 1200$ and 600 XP for completing that part of the quest.

Then you need (5) Silver from Silver Mining.

After you have 5 silver you have to wait until Wednesday ... then remove your weapon and check the Saloon for the "Defeat Dealer" Quest which is pretty easy.

Note that you must keep the 5 Silver until after you Defeat the Dealer, and I don't know if it can be anytime on Wednesday (I think) or if you should just keep looking for the quest randomly during the day. (It showed up for me minutes after midnight in-game time.)

You get Kates Ring from the Dealer and can then turn in the quest to get +2 Charisma or +2 Strength - you have to choose.

DeletedUser

Many thanks for that - at least I know what is expected of me

DeletedUser

I wrote an updated version of that post which is a little clearer - click the link in my sig.

DeletedUser

Hi,
Im stuck in the Kates wedding band quest. I had a duel (the unknown thief), as far as I remember I lost, its quite some time ago when I started the quest.

The log shows that I need the ring. I cant complete the quest because when I leave, open handed with 200 bugs at 19h, the saloon, nothing happens.
But Ive got silver mining part active. Is is a bug? Did I finish the unkown thief part and my quest log just didnt update?
I also tried to force an encounter after 23h. I think Ive read this hint.

Any hints from someone of you?

DeletedUser

If the silver mining part is active, you do not remember correctly and did beat the thief, who is incredibly easy and there's no excuse to lose and not keep trying...

DeletedUser

stuck on Kates wedding band

I've tried for 3 days to finish this quest: Exactly 200 dollars, NO weapon, and doing nothing in town at 1900 game time. Then I go into the saloon and check with the sheriff......and nothing, no fight with the thief.
What else am I supposed to do?:unsure:

DeletedUser

I've tried for 3 days to finish this quest: Exactly 200 dollars, NO weapon, and doing nothing in town at 1900 game time. Then I go into the saloon and check with the sheriff......and nothing, no fight with the thief.
What else am I supposed to do?:unsure:

Have you accepted "The unknown thief"?

DeletedUser

help with Kate

Yes, I accepted the quest and it tells me what to do to fight the thief.... but, no thief. ?

DeletedUser

eureka!

Boy, he was easy. The completed quests say I beat the thief, but I don't even remember seeing it. Dimensia?
:blink:

DeletedUser7170

Yes, I accepted the quest and it tells me what to do to fight the thief.... but, no thief. ?

i completed this quest in w3 and w9 but i cant complete it in w1
i am bored, I have 200$ in my account and 5000$ in bank
no weapon but no thief!!!
I have accepted the quest but no thief!!!
what can i do??
help me

DeletedUser

kates wedding band still unresolved

This quest is not working with exactly 200 dollars with more than 200 dollars, sheriff still doesn't give me new quesst to defeat the thief. I've had no weapons on me. and no dueling clothes either. I got get 5 silver which I did. Its not letting me do the 7pm game clock time server time is 1900 hrs.

So now what.?
Mark Twain

DeletedUser

Asking the question over and over again in every Kate's thread isn't going to get you any more answers than asking it once.

Status
Not open for further replies.