v1.19 update !

DeletedUser

Hey,..We can always set up a trade relation with new towns and help them build it for our own cause..
Come-on guys!..Its not that bad..Don't spoil the excitement!..

Oh,..Btw,..We were going to have some more bonuses to some of the old items...Where are they?

DeletedUser

I think exsisting shops not getting the new items is a brilliant idea it keeps the world fresh and interesting to play in even for those that joined late.

You mean, new players will like the update...

That doesn't make the update brilliant. I propose that what veteran players think should mean more than what new players think. We're the ones with proven loyalty. Look around the world map. How many ghost towns do you see? In World 1, the ratio is staggering. This fact makes me proud to have built a town from scratch, gathered wonderful members, and worked hard at diplomacy -- all of which began before most other players even had a game login.

Those of us who stuck with it -- by and large -- are NOT happy, while newer players are shrugging it off (or even praising it). What does that say, hm?

Nobody can legitimately claim that all towns have an equal opportunity, now. End of story.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

you get 165 for hunting grizzlies with indian set while only 124 with other items...

i say its not that bad...

DeletedUser

hm with full mexican set in picking agaves i have 400+ LP :) i wonder does XP also is higher if LP are higher ? or does it effect only cash ?

DeletedUser

I think it's a hell of a good job. Way to go devs and mods!!!

Do you think next update might make specialty items for all classes? eg. medal for soldier/ pendant for duelist/ crowbar for builders.... so on???

More specifically, sets of cloths for each character class that already exists?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Could one of the mods confirm that the new level 67 quest was included in this update as I dont want to spend time trying things and looking for it if its not even there. As it is more than possible that something promised by the the developers is not delivered like so much of this update.

DeletedUser

Could one of the mods confirm that the new level 67 quest was included in this update as I dont want to spend time trying things and looking for it if its not even there. As it is more than possible that something promised by the the developers is not delivered like so much of this update.

It's there.

DeletedUser

increased cost? what for? is our fault we built our towns not imagining that some day someone will decide to have new items only on new built towns? Sorry if i miss your point, but what i understand is that you want to be able to catch up with "exsisting long term players". Well, then this is not the way, just try working it up as we all did.
Because it gives you something new to work on and adds a new element to the game. I'd still be welcoming this even if I had all level 10 shops. Anything that prevents stagnation is a great update in my opinion

DeletedUser

then let's just simply "nuke" all towns, and have an update that will leave all towns at 500 points, would this be fun?
As for now this is what's done, trying to make old towns useless so people start again doing the same thing they did months ago. It's not something new, it's "just a little piece of history repeating". Instead of doing new things, we all get back to building towns from scratch. Sorry if i'm not that enthusiastic!

DeletedUser

I welcome the update, I will just build another town anyway, and the added bonus cloth sets is a great idea, I am saying I like the update and I don't care who knows it! :D

DeletedUser

then let's just simply "nuke" all towns, and have an update that will leave all towns at 500 points, would this be fun?
As for now this is what's done, trying to make old towns useless so people start again doing the same thing they did months ago. It's not something new, it's "just a little piece of history repeating". We all get back to building towns from scratch. Sorry if i'm not that enthusiastic!
Why do you feel you need to build a whole new town there would be no garuntee a shop you built would have got the items if they had been in at the start any way. The element it adds to is the diplomacy and the finding of the items where they have turned up. Why are you whining about a new challenge just look forward to surmounting it?

DeletedUser

I don't feel it's fair that our towns that already have say level 5 general store is out of luck for the new bandana. Come on .. if the stores have already past the level for a new item then it's only fair that it be added to their stores automatically.

DeletedUser

I think that sets make a bigger change to what's desirable in shops than the new items do. Unfortunately, we didn't have many desirable items before the update, and we don't have many parts of sets either. Since I seldom buy anything anyway, it's not a big deal that I may have to depend on finding items to get them rather than buying them in our shops - I've been doing that for 8 months already.

The changes may not be great for every existing town, but I do think they'll be great in the long run for the game. I believe that should be more important.

DeletedUser

No I got an idea, why don't we all just stop whining and go to one of them little towns with about 2 members and town construction points of 1000 that noob players have been struggling to build for over 6 months now whilst getting slaughtered like lambs, send your builders there in return for trade rights and they will oblige 90% of the time.

It shouldn't be a problem, there is about 1000 of these little towns, it will kill many birds with one stone, you help the noobs, you get the items and you spread some love to fellow players :)

DeletedUser

Why do you feel you need to build a whole new town there would be no garuntee a shop you built would have got the items if they had been in at the start any way. The element it adds to is the diplomacy and the finding of the items where they have turned up. Why are you whining about a new challenge just look forward to surmounting it?

1. i'm not talking about anything except the problem i mentioned.
2. i'm not whining. On the forum, each time someone starts to run out of logical arguments, it begins using the term "whining" about the guys who don't agree with him. I suggest you try to avoid such words and remain at logical arguments.

Therefore, i am sure there are good things about the update, but that doesn't eliminate the fact that there are huge bad things about it. And i and others mentioned one of those bad things.
Simply put, why would only new shops benefit of the chance to get new items and not ALL the shops. Maybe some old towns will have new items, maybe some won't. But the point is why to create disadvantages for players that played for a long time, who contributed with ideas on the forums, who helped finding bugs and who in fact tested the game from the time it was beta. Why will this update forgets the old members and just try 2 attract new guys?
You talk about "something new to work on" and "a new element to the game". Well, shooting old towns and players in the leg is not new and not exciting at all.

DeletedUser

Because it gives you something new to work on and adds a new element to the game. I'd still be welcoming this even if I had all level 10 shops. Anything that prevents stagnation is a great update in my opinion

It's easy to say, if you haven't been playing for 8 months as a mayor of the same town. :dry:

DeletedUser

No I got an idea, why don't we all just stop whining and go to one of them little towns with about 2 members and town construction points of 1000 that noob players have been struggling to build for over 6 months now whilst getting slaughtered like lambs, send your builders there in return for trade rights and they will oblige 90% of the time.

It shouldn't be a problem, there is about 1000 of these little towns, it will kill many birds with one stone, you help the noobs, you get the items and you spread some love to fellow players :)

i don't know if we have to laugh or to cry reading these lines :laugh:
spread some love to fellow players? this one is a gem! (no offense Gem! :) :) )