Off Topic Help :P

DeletedUser

I have never really liked the EE series, but I couldn't understand the hatred for EE3. I also couldn't understand the love for EE1. The whole series was just average.

AoE, now there's a game. The original is a classic; AoE2 is one of the most entertaining games ever; AoM is possibly my favourite RTS; and AoE3 is just spectacular!

I also love Civ, though I think Civ 4 is a little complex. I still play it a lot, though. Civ 3 is my favourite game of all time.

DeletedUser

I play FreeCiv myself...I think Civ2 was the best personally, and FreeCiv is basically Civ2 with better graphics.

DeletedUser

Oh yeah, Civ 2 was really something special.

The UUs and the leaders in the diplomacy talks got me hooked on Civ 3, though.

I doubt that Civ 2 would be the same with good graphics. That was a part of it's charm.

DeletedUser

I have played Aoe3 every (almost) day, for a while. It's fab. I shall have to try the civ series sometime

DeletedUser

I play FreeCiv myself...I think Civ2 was the best personally, and FreeCiv is basically Civ2 with better graphics.

I concur.

Haven't tested FreeCiv though.

Also Alpha Centauri was something to remember as well.

DeletedUser

I have played Aoe3 every (almost) day, for a while. It's fab. I shall have to try the civ series sometime
Who do you play as on AoE3? And you should definitely try Civ. It's so different to every other game I've ever played.

Also Alpha Centauri was something to remember as well.
I don't know, I didn't really get it. Civ 2 was better.

nashy19

Nashy (as himself)
I have never really liked the EE series, but I couldn't understand the hatred for EE3. I also couldn't understand the love for EE1. The whole series was just average.

Because EE1 is like this, AoE2 is like this and EE3 is unplayable for a lot of people (I had a hard enough time trying to select a troop)

EE1 is more strategy than rush, and it's better to play the bigger maps with. I didn't like AoE because I could send in 40 horsemen and not have a clue what the outcome of the fights going to be, I know AoE's not fully 3D but do the men overlap?

Last edited:

DeletedUser

I've tried everyone but the Spanish and Japanese. And my best are the Iroquois, but I can play Portuguese and Chinese fairly well.

EE1 was fairly boring in my opinion. The campaign was fun, but I couldn't play the game for very long. AoE2, on the other hand, I could play happily for hours.

DeletedUser

Asians is great! The Chinese are especially fun, as they get monks who use Kung Fu on enemies. They aren't too strong, but I train them just so I can watch them fight!

And in case you were wondering, you get to keep the Native civs if you get Asians. The others are just extras.

DeletedUser

I'm ashamed never to have played that, but it sounds great from what I've heard.

DeletedUser

Asians is great! The Chinese are especially fun, as they get monks who use Kung Fu on enemies. They aren't too strong, but I train them just so I can watch them fight!

And in case you were wondering, you get to keep the Native civs if you get Asians. The others are just extras.

I've played the demo. I currently am going to wait until my next paycheck to get it :D

DeletedUser

My chosen faction was the french.

Courier des bois ftw :)

Brits wasn't bad eitehr... hmm

COme to think of it... I kinda feel like playing it again.

DeletedUser

The original Pirates! is older, it was late 1980s...Colonization was a while later, but I actually liked that too, although a lot didn't.

DeletedUser

/just finished the demo again for Asian dynasties

I want it now xD

DeletedUser

Where's the war games?

And if you want to talk about old school, Pac-man and Super Mario.