Native American clothes and 'hats'

DeletedUser

Well I'm all for more gear choices. Bring on the native american gear. Honestly, I wouldn't mind seeing Indian as a character class with their own special abilities.

DeletedUser

Once again, construction is just plain wrong. Fancy is a little bit skewed too...it basically combines lesser versions of the same item, making it a much better item than any lesser versions. Your fancy items just add +1 across the board.

Edit: And trading? They sold Manhattan for $24 worth of beads. If the skills are supposed to be indicative of Indian skills that's also way off.

DeletedUser

Don't forget colors.

In the game ..

Fancy, Red, Blue, Yellow, Green, Brown, Black, Grey - Used for lower level shirts, used for most neckties (shawls, bandannas, bowties, indian necklaces etc).

White, Black, Grey, Brown, Fancy - Used primarily for higher level shirts, hats, and shoes.

Red Falcon

Actually, buckskin is usually brown or tan. It usually doesn't come in blue or green or red...But maybe those other colors you mentioned...MAYBE...

Red Falcon

Once again, construction is just plain wrong. Fancy is a little bit skewed too...it basically combines lesser versions of the same item, making it a much better item than any lesser versions. Your fancy items just add +1 across the board.

Edit: And trading? They sold Manhattan for $24 worth of beads. If the skills are supposed to be indicative of Indian skills that's also way off.

I never said they had to be indicative of Indian Skills. I just put in some skills that some players might need. And the items I listed have a little variety. This way, players can choose what they want to wear.

DeletedUser

Yes, I know some tribes had buildings like longhouses, but it's way too specific to give our generic Indians con buffs.

Longhouses were built by the Iroquois, who lived only between New England and the Great Lakes. None of them lived in the West. Somehow, they make an appearence as a picture.

In the west, Teepees would be the main houses. Some mesas and pueblos in the south. And a few bark houses in the north. Otherwise, only teepees.

So no construction bonuses.

DeletedUser

And I'm not saying it's a bad idea. We have Indian avatars so we should have Indian items. I'm just saying I don't agree with a lot of the bonuses.

DeletedUser

I think indian items would be a good idea; even though I'm an adventurer

DeletedUser

Well the bonuses don't make sense on most of the gear anyways. I don't see how wearing a beaded necklace gives you Animal Instinct or a hat gives you Fine Motor Skills or better Aim. If anything you would think I hat would limit your vision thereby impairing aim. Let the devs figure out what the bonuses will be.

Red Falcon

That doesn't mean it always has to be the case.

I agree with you on this one, Elmyr. And wasn't it you that asked me to make up an example list of certain Indian items? :indian:

Edit: No. It was BartBot who asked me for some examples.

Last edited:

Diggo11

Elmyr I don't really think it matters. Would wearing a Bow Tie boost your construction? Or would a cotton jacket boost construction either? Its apparent the developers don't care about reality in this aspect.

And for Fancy items +1 for all four attributes isn't that bad. It could be like a lower levelled version of a cross for example.

DeletedUser

Elmyr I don't really think it matters. Would wearing a Bow Tie boost your construction? Or would a cotton jacket boost construction either? Its apparent the developers don't care about reality in this aspect.

And for Fancy items +1 for all four attributes isn't that bad. It could be like a lower levelled version of a cross for example.

I don't know how construction workers dress in Australia, but in the U.S. they all wear bow ties and cotton jackets! :p

It just feels like Native American items should be different, but that may just be me. If bonuses are based on needs as Red Falcon was originally intending, then we need a war bonnet that buffs appearance. My problem with his fancy items wasn't the attributes, it was the fact that fancy was only slightly better than regular. There should be lesser "colored" versions of each item like everything else, with fancy basically being a combination of the others.

I'm not even sure this idea needs to be fully developed. I doubt they would go with the bonuses we suggest anyway.

Red Falcon

Well, okay then. I suppose I could readjust that list. Hold on a second...

Edit: Okay, now they look a little more sensible for their price range. Anyone agree?

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Yeah, like I said, I doubt they would really go with our suggestions for bonuses and pricing anyway. Although...they clearly need help with the names if they're going to call a bandanna a shawl. I cringe every time I think about that. It was one of the first text errors pointed out in that thread in Bugs, so they clearly don't care about the thread. The text obviously isn't hardcoded with so many different language servers available.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

i'd say moccasins should boost the hiding skill! doesnt everybody know that wearing moccasins makes you completly soundless?

thats what i thought as a kid anyway :D