Native American clothes and 'hats'

Red Falcon

Okay, it's really great that there are at least 2 classes that feature Native American avatars. And it's even better that there are Indian Necklaces and I was absolutely thrilled when the Tomahawk weapon came out. Now, I used search first, but did not find anything on this topic. So, all we need now is Native American shirts and hats! Any comments to this thread are welcome! :) And if this has already been brought up or mentioned, please don't hesitate to let me know.

DeletedUser

please specify... a slouch hat is indian--ish... kinda.

Tell me what you mean. What kind of shirt? your avatar is shirtless anyways :)

Red Falcon

Okay, then allow me to show you the following picture:

http://en1.the-west.net/images/quest/employer/indian.png

http://en1.the-west.net/images/quest/employer/irkatchen.png

This guy (Waupee) is wearing a deer skin shirt. And there is another picture that I will post here. But first, I have to find it in another thread.
moz-screenshot-2.jpg
moz-screenshot-3.jpg

Edit: The first image shows a deerskin shirt, like I just mentioned. This could be a type of shirt you can equip and wear. The second image shows the Irkatchi chief. He is wearing a feather headdress. This could be an example of a Native American 'hat' that you can equip.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

What bonuses for the headdress? Arrogance? (negative) Hiding? Shooting?

So the two types of apparel you want to implement are deer-skin shirt and the indian Apache Headdress. Can you come up with more and specify the bonuses?

Red Falcon

Okay, so here are a few ideas for head gear, from what I have researched so far: roach headdresses in multiple colors, feathered headbands, and of course, several different types of feather headdresses. I am still working out the cost and bonuses of these items and I will add more items as my Native American clothing research progresses...

DeletedUser

Of course if they were implemented, it would be the generic Native American costume that the average person envisions, which isn't accurate for more than a handful of tribes, whose customs and dress varied hugely. Think depictions in 1950s Westerns.

DeletedUser

I am always in favor of new clothes :)

Edit: only if it's available to all classes and not being made especially for a sub-class.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser5046

i am also wit tis one...(i hope they will allow indian headdress for any class but ofcourse will be uhm...highly reccomended for inidans)

DeletedUser

They can't really make any item "subclass" specific because it's just an avatar and it would be completely unfair when the only reason you picked the avatar was because you like the way it looked, although some pick them for RP reasons. Anyway, if a soldier can wear a mix of Union and Confederate gear, he might as well be able to mix in a Crow War Bonnet as well.

DeletedUser5046

then do it like te weapons...some weapons we have are only for one class right? so it wont be for just one sub class.

DeletedUser

It could be good. I think "war bonnet" should be generic, as bonnets of different nations would get too complex. Different coloured war bonnets would give different skills, but the main ones could be horseback riding, animal instinct and leadership.

Super items like "Sitting Bull's War Bonnet" are necessary.

Red Falcon

Okay, here are more items added to the list, also with some bonuses they could have:

Item #1: Indian Feather War Bonnet
Cost: $1000 to $2000
Attribute bonuses: +1 to Dexterity and +1 to Charisma
Skill bonuses: +5 to Toughness, +7 to Horseback Riding, +5 to Setting Traps, and +7 to Animal Instinct

Item #2: Fancy Feather War Bonnet
Cost: $3000 to $4000
Attribute bonuses: +1 to Dexterity and Charisma, +2 to Strength and Mobility
Skill bonuses: +7 to Toughness, +9 to Horseback Riding, +7 to Setting Traps, +9 to Animal Instinct

Item #3: Indian Fringe Shirt
Cost: $4000 to $6000
Attribute bonuses: +2 Strength and Mobility, +3 to Dexterity and Charisma
Skill bonuses: +8 to Stamina, +8 to Hiding, +9 to Fine Motor Skills, +9 to Leadership

Item #4: Fancy Fringe Shirt
Cost: $7000 to $9000
Attribute bonuses: +3 to all Attributes
Skill bonuses: +10 to Stamina, +10 to Hiding, +11 to Fine Motor Skills, +11 to Leadership

Last edited:

Red Falcon

Here are a few more items that could be introduced:

Item #5: Buckskin Moccasins
Cost: $1500 to $2500
Attribute bonuses: +1 to Strength and Dexterity
Skill bonuses: +5 to Reflex and +5 to Appearance

Item #6: Fancy Buckskin Moccasins
Cost: $3500 to $4500
Attribute bonuses: +1 to all Attributes
Skill bonuses: +7 to Reflex, +5 to Dodging, +7 to Tactics, and +5 to Appearance

Item #7: Buckskin Shirt
Cost: $2500 to $4500
Attribute bonuses: +1 to Strength and to Charisma, +2 to Mobility and Dexterity
Skill bonuses: +6 to Construction, +7 to Swimming, +7 to Repairing, and +6 to Trading

Item #8: Fancy Buckskin Shirt
Cost: $5500 to $7500
Attribute bonuses: +2 to all Attributes
Skill bonuses: +9 to Construction, +10 to Swimming, +10 to Repairing, and +9 to Trading

Now, here is how they appear in the tailor:

At level 11 (Assuming an expansion of the tailor would be needed), you would get either the regular or fancy buckskin shirt and either the regular or fancy buckskin moccasins. At level 12, you would get either the normal war bonnet or the fancy one and either the normal fringe shirt or the fancy one. Sound good so far?

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Why would these be added as a new top level rather than commingled with the existing stuff?

I'd let the devs set the levels and quantity of attribute/skill bonuses, but I think you're on the right track with the choices of skills they boost.

DeletedUser

Why does every Native American item have attribute bonuses? None should have construction bonuses either. Yes, I know some tribes had buildings like longhouses, but it's way too specific to give our generic Indians con buffs.

Red Falcon

Why would these be added as a new top level rather than commingled with the existing stuff?

I'd let the devs set the levels and quantity of attribute/skill bonuses, but I think you're on the right track with the choices of skills they boost.

I thank you for that last compliment there, Luap. And I couldn't agree more! These items have very balanced bonuses, so they won't exactly come cheap. And you have a point about the devs. It is ultimately THEIR decision as to whether or not to create additional building levels in towns. :D

DeletedUser

You are not alone Indian brother, I also believe Indians should be better represented in the West!!!