Hidden "Areas"

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Revised Summary: For Diggo11 :)

HIDEOUTS

The proposal:
A network of hidden areas to be discovered by multiple players as oases used throughout the game as a haven/protection system.

The Set-Up:

The initial set-up can be set tow different ways:

1) Just a random bonus that appears on the report after working on a job
2) A built-in programming (part of the game) into the system which can be conquerable by different players from different towns.

Since option 1 would not work as a "King of the Hill" situation, I prefer option 2. This system is to be located throughout jobsites, and the maximum amount of different hideouts to be found at a site is 3 buildings. (NOT by the same player, just as a built-in spot).

To prevent abuse, you can revisit a hideout only once every twenty-four hours (NO matter how many hideouts you have found), and it will give you certain bonuses and protection depending on which type of hideout you have found.

The Rules:

There are three types of hideouts: Burrows, Sheds and Log Cabin. If another hideout is found at the same site, then the player has the option of choosing between the two.

Dugout: -50% energy required for job.
Shed: -25% energy required for job and the motivation doesn't decrease.
Log Cabin: -50% energy required for job and the motivation decreases by 50% of normal rate.

Dug-out: Gives duel protection for first 1/2 hour
Shed: Gives duel protection for first hour
Log Cabin: Gives duel protection for all 2 hours

Hideouts aren't for individual players but for their towns, although townless players still have access to them. This means it only takes one town member to discover it for the whole town, and another to lose it for the whole town. Multiple towns may use one Hide Out. Although if two people (from different towns) try to use it at once, a duel occurs (also two people from same town may use at once). The loser is kicked out and their town may never return, but the winner can stay on. If it happens to be a townless player (or a player who can't duel) he/she automatically loses.

You will need a basic certain skill level to find the hideout as a prerogative, depending on the job. Let's say if a level 41 player builds ranch houses, he would need at least 20 hiding to even firstly have a chance to find the hideout. These requirements will be based upon difficulty of job and the corresponding requirements.

2 Hideouts are located at every job (out of the 3, what determines the type of hideout will be random). You have a 1% chance of discovering a Dugout, 0.5% for a Shed, and 0.25% for a Log Cabin (BUT chances will slightly vary by job). You may only discover Hideouts in your towns region (townless players can discover anywhere).

On the map, a job with a found hideout will be outlined in red. When opening the job screen (to begin the job) you have the option to activate hideout. This can't be done while the job is in the queue or in process, only whilst selecting it.

Diggo11’s excellent mock-ups shown below:

http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/555...gplace1lu0.jpg
http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/956...gplace2xi8.jpg
http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/578...gplace3lp0.jpg
http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/927...gplace4kc1.jpg

Other Points:

-If 2 people from the same town are using the hideout simultaneously (both with the ability to duel), and another player (able to duel also) enters, then the dueler from the other town will duel the person with a level in his range.
-If a townless player enters a hideout while a player (able to duel) is using the hideout, then the townless player automatically loses that hideout, but has ½ chance (than of previously) to rediscover the same hideout. (Benefits of joining a town!)
-IF there is 3 players each from a different town (and able to duel), then the players in the hideout will have the ability to duel each other in a regular 10 minute duel (similar to a saloon), but otherwise the players will have all duel protection from outsiders.
-There can be hidden quests (with small rewards) found rarely at these hideouts

Hope you like it!

Last edited by a moderator:

Red Falcon

Wait a moment. Are you saying you would gain an additional free product or two while working or traveling to a certain place on the map?

DeletedUser

no, he is saying you would find hideout while working any job.

One thing is not clear... if someone kicks you from hideout why you can't return? You shared location to all your town. And if someone else finds it he will share it to his town too.

Diggo11

So you write bad ideas and can't understand good ones? :nowink:

He is saying if two towns find it and both enter it at once a duel takes place, and the loser and his town can no longer use that hideout unless they rediscover it. Correct?

Overall this idea will be good if well refined.

DeletedUser

all right i dont mind it.
would add some variety to the game. it will be based on luck correct?

DeletedUser

Even though Luap Nor was sarcastic when she said hidden dungeons, I think that's a good idea!

She?? Hmmmm, that could be good for some fun... :laugh:

I have no opinion on the actual proposal here.

DeletedUser

Sorry.

Yes, this IS based on luck...

Also one more thing to clear up.

If there's more than 1 person in the hideout from 3 towns (highly unlikely), then the first two lower level players duel first, then the winner proceeds to the highest level player. (in terms of duel level)

If there's 2 people from one town in the hideout and another person (from another town), then the better player (of the two people from the same town) would duel the other player, and if he lost, both of them would be kicked out.

Any comments?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I think the basic idea is a variation on camping suggestions, but just adds a mechanism that prevents it from putting hotels out of business.

DeletedUser

i like the idea, but i dont think that if 1 member of a town gets kicked, the whole town should have to suffer. if a worker gets kicked, then what? i think that player should be the only one who gets kicked, and not the whole town.

Red Falcon

i like the idea, but i dont think that if 1 member of a town gets kicked, the whole town should have to suffer. if a worker gets kicked, then what? i think that player should be the only one who gets kicked, and not the whole town.

I agree on this. Because if the whole town gets kicked, then it becomes a ghost town and the founder would have to pay another 300 dollars just to re-claim it.

DeletedUser

Red they mean kicked from the hideout not from there own town, pay attention. but yes the whole town shouldn't be kicked

DeletedUser

No... what I meant was they won't be kicked UNTIL they are dueled individually...

DeletedUser

The idea in whole will make the InnoGames developers see the software required and go ughhhhhhhhhhhhh...

It will take some work...

DeletedUser

Anyways, I wanna wait until Monkey sdjxx21 comments on it..He has the total say in the idea :)

DeletedUser

I realy likes the idea!!!!!! it's good! but i think it whold be great whith a Town fight in the Hideout, like each town can send 3 people to figth, and the best fight against the best, and the badest fight against the badest, from each town ofcouse

DeletedUser

I realy likes the idea!!!!!! it's good! but i think it whold be great whith a Town fight in the Hideout, like each town can send 3 people to figth, and the best fight against the best, and the badest fight against the badest, from each town ofcouse

maybe once 2 people from 2 different towns enter 1 player from ea of the two towns go into a duel and whoever wins gets to stay.

Example

I go harvesting fields and i find a litte shed. Then Bob the Builder, who is a builder goes to the hideout for a while.

Now BartBob also goes harvesting fields and finds this shed. So he decides to hide in it for a while. But he suddenly notices that BTB is also in there.

Now each town will have selected a player who will get dueled. This selected player will be the permanent town "defender of hiding places" until someone else takes his place.

So Azuk from my town gets drawn into this duel as the defender because BTB was there in the hiding place before. and er... BartBob himself is the chosen one and so he is the challenger as he came to the hiding place after BTB.

Now a duel takes place and obviously Azuk wins :D and we keep our hiding place.

DeletedUser

maybe once 2 people from 2 different towns enter 1 player from ea of the two towns go into a duel and whoever wins gets to stay.

Example

I go harvesting fields and i find a litte shed. Then Bob the Builder, who is a builder goes to the hideout for a while.

Now BartBob also goes harvesting fields and finds this shed. So he decides to hide in it for a while. But he suddenly notices that BTB is also in there.

Now each town will have selected a player who will get dueled. This selected player will be the permanent town "defender of hiding places" until someone else takes his place.

So Azuk from my town gets drawn into this duel as the defender because BTB was there in the hiding place before. and er... BartBob himself is the chosen one and so he is the challenger as he came to the hiding place after BTB.

Now a duel takes place and obviously Azuk wins :D and we keep our hiding place.

That's goofy. If there's a duel, it should be between the people who are actually there.

"Ah, 'scuse me, I have to run back to my town and get somebody who can beat you."

"Oh OK. I'll be here."

:nowink:

Status
Not open for further replies.