Kate's Ring (How do I get it?)

DeletedUser

I did $300 too, but so far the only difference is that I didn't logout/in.

DeletedUser

HOLY SMACK.

I just canceled a job I was doing and heading back to town so I could sell enough items to get the $300. I only have $2 in my pockets and the quest shows up and I am not even in town (which more than likely didn't matter). I just don't get it, but at least it's done.

DeletedUser3543

HOLY SMACK.

I just canceled a job I was doing and heading back to town so I could sell enough items to get the $300. I only have $2 in my pockets and the quest shows up and I am not even in town (which more than likely didn't matter). I just don't get it, but at least it's done.

Maybe this quest is more about patience than timing????

DeletedUser

I suppose that could be, so that would explain "between 19:00 - 23:30". But, why was I able to see it if I only $2 on me instead of the $200 or $300?

DeletedUser3543

I suppose that could be, so that would explain "between 19:00 - 23:30". But, why was I able to see it if I only $2 on me instead of the $200 or $300?

My guess is the quest recognised you met the criteria at 7.00pm when you first were in town with the $300, but it didn't 'catch up' with itself and let you know the quest was available for some time after that???? Only explanation I can come up with...

DeletedUser

So the thief was a stalker. Waited for me to go about my bidness, then tried to pull a fast one on me. Now if I can just get that dang silver.

DeletedUser3543

So the thief was a stalker. Waited for me to go about my bidness, then tried to pull a fast one on me. Now if I can just get that dang silver.

Got the silver in two worlds, just waiting for the clock to tick past midnight server time tonight before completing the quests....

DeletedUser8269

I have been trying everything to get the first quest (unarmed, after 19:00 server time in saloon, $300 on me but whatever I did nothing worked.
In hotel, out, other clothing, none, logging out and in again, deleting cookies, nothing.

But with clothing on, no weapon, $300 cash (dont know if that is required), the quest appeared right after 20:00 instead of 19:00 (a matter of seconds).

Maybe, just maybe, this is the thing that causes trouble...

My server time is the same as my 'real-life' time, being CET (Im posting this at 20:12 PM).

Hope this helps for other people, cause I found it very annoying not getting the quest. And I'd like to know if this is really the problem. Please let others share their information too

Cheers,
Gryph

DeletedUser3543

Well it worked for me at about 19:45 [server time] on World 2 and 19.55 on World 3...

I think there is some kind of delay, but as long as you meet the requirements at 19.00 [server time], the quest should appear an hour or so later....

It appeared for me even though I'd given up and gone back to work!

DeletedUser

I am now under the assumption that this quest is to be initiated at 19:00, but it can actually been seen and completed sometime after 19:00 to 23:30. I am guessing that you just have to keep checking in the Saloon to see if it pops up.

SILVER in 55 minutes. Woot!

DeletedUser8269

Well I dont know. Seems to be somewhere somewhat later after 19:00, with me exactly at 20:00

With all my tries, in and out Hotel etc, I did get duelled by some ...... while not carrying a weapon and therefore lost quite some health and $100.

So... (not mentioning names), are you proud of yourself now? Go get a life if you read this

DeletedUser

Well I dont know. Seems to be somewhere somewhat later after 19:00, with me exactly at 20:00

With all my tries, in and out Hotel etc, I did get duelled by some ...... while not carrying a weapon and therefore lost quite some health and $100.

So... (not mentioning names), are you proud of yourself now? Go get a life if you read this

Hehehehe.....Don't hate. If I saw you unarmed, I'd tag you too. Repeatedly if you remain unarmed.:bandit:

DeletedUser3543

I am now under the assumption that this quest is to be initiated at 19:00, but it can actually been seen and completed sometime after 19:00 to 23:30. I am guessing that you just have to keep checking in the Saloon to see if it pops up.

SILVER in 55 minutes. Woot!

The good news is that completing the silver quest you don't lose the silver.

I shall let you know shortly whether you lose it when tempting the thief guy...

Edit : The duel dealer quest arrived at 1 second past midnight - server time - whilst weapon unequipped and doing nothing.

I beat the dealer - he's pretty easy - and got the ring and $1500. You also keep the 5 silver blocks, so sell them and bank $2k and another 800 XP.

Nice quest after we figured it out :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser8269

Edit : The duel dealer quest arrived at 1 second past midnight - server time - whilst weapon unequipped and doing nothing.

The dueller appeared indeed at 1sec after midnight server time, but also when on a job (I was working and it appeared, I accepted quest, cancelled work and beat him).
edit: and yes, unarmed because I wanted to see if the quest would appear.

DeletedUser3543

The dueller appeared indeed at 1sec after midnight server time, but also when on a job (I was working and it appeared, I accepted quest, cancelled work and beat him).
edit: and yes, unarmed because I wanted to see if the quest would appear.

So, the not wearing weapon bit MUST be the key, because on W2 I am traveling home from a day of dueling, and no way am I taking my weapon off, and the quest hasn't appeared....

Edit : I just took my weapon off whilst walking, and the quest appeared. I accepted it to see if I could, and it allowed me too, so I tried the 'complete quest' button to see if it would allow me to take the duel, and once again it did.....

So, for the last part, you just need to unequip your weapon at some point on a Wednesday, and continue the quest as normal : YOU DO NOT HAVE TO BE IN THE TOWN for this part of the quest....

DeletedUser

hmm, i received quest but cannot beat thief.

he hits me few times per duel (although i'm dodging correctly) and i hit him few times but only do 1-2 damage per hit (can't wear any weapon).
do i need higher dodging skill to completely avoid all hits?

any other tips for this duel?