'Indian' places

DeletedUser914

Heres an idea,
indian/Native american trading posts or settlements on the map where you can buy items (or trade items as was their culture) here that you can get nowhere else e.g. bow/fire arrows and they have unique properties etc.

Or in the historical tradition you can attack them to steal items but run risk of death.....etc, or you can be a tribe and found your own indian styled community. :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

You could marry into the band like the Mountain Men did.

Anyone for the Battle of Little Bighorn? :)

DeletedUser914

I didn't realise kylehaury had already mention something along these lines.

DeletedUser

I like this Idea, you could also access a medicine man section at the Indian settlements, he could cure your ailments etc??

DeletedUser914

like the idea of a medicine man....you might have to pay him in something odd though like feathers lol

DeletedUser

like the idea of a medicine man....you might have to pay him in something odd though like feathers lol

Sorry to burst your bubble mate..i dont think any medicine man would want to cure a cowboy..maybe stab him to death yes..

but if you talking about a town of Indians controlled by a player who know what might happen..

DeletedUser914

maybe pay him with your own scalp......
Ok fair play, us white men would not be much liked by them but I am thinking like you.....medicine men for indians ppls and doctors for the european americans.

DeletedUser

maybe pay him with your own scalp......
Ok fair play, us white men would not be much liked by them but I am thinking like you.....medicine men for indians ppls and doctors for the european americans.

Nice..something like that..thou they would have to encode some kind of sickness into the game for them to be really useful..

DeletedUser

I like this idea. I want to go the Indian route anyway and this would be right up my alley.

DeletedUser

Finally somebody who agrees and is interested going in a different path..

DeletedUser

this is a copy of aoe3 but its good but you kinda have to tell them a little more then that...:}
like what would they offer... name 3-5 things then they might bite

DeletedUser

You could marry into the band like the Mountain Men did.

Anyone for the Battle of Little Bighorn? :)

I'm on the sioux side :D

Btw, I don't think it's a good idea to add indian camps... I don't think there were such things between the white man towns. And we can build towns anywhere, and in a few months the map will be pretty crowded... Would look stupid if you had an indian camp next to you.

(ps.: I really like the whole indian idea, but we should find a better way to adding it into the game.)

DeletedUser914

Btw, I don't think it's a good idea to add indian camps... I don't think there were such things between the white man towns. And we can build towns anywhere, and in a few months the map will be pretty crowded... Would look stupid if you had an indian camp next to you.

(ps.: I really like the whole indian idea, but we should find a better way to adding it into the game.)

Thats why I changed the proposal to indian trading posts which are literally like stores but run by some random native american bloke in the sticks who offers unique items/trades and services. No indian tribe/settlement/ collective involved.

Edit: I have just thought when a new world is created it has indian tribes/camps which need to be subdued/taken over before any european american towns can be built in their 'vicinity'. This could only really increase experience points and playing lifetime of game though.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

indian/Native american settlements is a great idea but they should be hostel if there landed has started to be taken...

-if your not in a town you should have a chance of being attacked by them ...
- if you can find there camp or settlement you should be able to try and raid....
-but some should be freindly if no one has started to take there land..

DeletedUser

I beg to differ. Certain tribes got along with white man. The Houma Tribe and the Acadians (otherwise known as Cajun) had a great relationship. That's how most of my family came to be. :)