POSSE: weak can attack strong

Should the weak be able to attack the strong?

• YES - make the level cap one way

Votes: 15 53.6%
  • NO - keep it as it is

Votes: 13 46.4%

• Total voters

DeletedUser

Idea: allow the weak to attack the strong

Today a dueler attacked three of our townsfolk. Me and my amigos went after him. Arrived at his saloon... But now he's eight levels higher than any of our fighting men, so we all get this "dueling option not available" message.

Well, there are three of us and together we're more than double his level.

Personally I find great satisfaction in taking down a bully with a courageous team of underdogs. I know this will make the duelers whine but I'm willing to accept the risk as a lower level character to attack a higher level character.

I realize an actual posse option would be a derivative of the gunfight idea, but adding our collective skills to hunt an outlaw would be cool.

But since it requires so much new code, how about throwing the good guys a bone?

Make the level limit one way. Allow the weak to attack the strong. Most duelers have glass chins anyway, All attack no defense. And it could take some of the heat out of the ROBBER vs BUILDER debates.

DeletedUser

Here. Here. I have no use for this dueling bollocks anyway, you can't defend yourself and each of my characters has been picked off by duelers they have NO CHANCE against. [Glower]

DeletedUser

I'm not sure if I'd complain if it happened, but I do think it would be unfair to higher level duelists. If a lower level person has decent skills in dueling areas, but hasn't dueled many times, s/he could easily beat a higher level duelists who specialized in offensive skills. With this idea, there'd be no way for the higher level person to get revenge, which I'm sure would cause a lot of resentment.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Ahh yes that is true. Smaller players Do need a way to combine and hurt someone who has hurt them. I'm still into the 'reward' idea, which allows this to happen.

DeletedUser

i think the town bounty is going to be about the only way to make it fair.

DeletedUser1105

I like this idea. It needs some work, but it's definately a good way of stopping the duelling debate.

DeletedUser

Read

it would be a unfair Game Would it then?

DeletedUser

It's a fair game now, you have exactly the same options as everyone else. You can argue that is is not an entertaining or good game, but the playing field is level.
I'm supporting this idea but be aware that if it is just an attempt to limit duelling then my support ends.

DeletedUser

i'm with this idea, but all of you needs to understand that this works both ways, i mean that low duellers will be aple to attack hight lvl players, that means more pressure at the big players, and any way i don't belive any good duellers will loose against a builder or an adventurer in a duell even if he is the defender, as most duellers (at least the good ones) have some great weapons & items and they used all of there points at duelling skills.

DeletedUser

It would work but allow the option of undredog to those who have been attacked. So if a high level atacks you have say 1 day to retal with help?