achievements

DeletedUser35533

do you lose achievements points when transferring your character? I have seen tricked out level 150s who don't even have the most basic achievements that would have come from leveling

Pankreas PorFavor

Dante, I think I know which character you're talking about. That character was not actually migrated to .net - it was created from scratch. It is a character from one country server that got closed.
I too had the same questions and I asked the guy about it, he told me he will have to do all the quests again, raise his crafting level etc. They moved his inventory and his XP, but he had to re-assign all his SP/AP, and he lost all the achievements :(
I wonder if he will now get additional SP/AP when he does the quests again...

DeletedUser34295

They actually "migrate" characters over here from other country servers like that? That sounds super weird, since they might have all kinds of different things. They might have different item rewards for local events, they might have community events giving rewards we don't have and so on - and he just moves over here with potentially having all of those items? I think it sounds odd, and also as Pankreas pointed out - will he get double of all SP/AP from quests if he do them again? That'd be a problem in my opinion.

Apelatia

You will spot a few players that are in this situation on a select few of the worlds. The players are from the .no server which is being discontinued. As an opportunity to save their character(s), the players in question were given the chance to transfer their accounts to this language server. Unfortunately, this does come at a small price; namely the things which were mentioned above.

DeletedUser37520

They actually "migrate" characters over here from other country servers like that? That sounds super weird, since they might have all kinds of different things. They might have different item rewards for local events, they might have community events giving rewards we don't have and so on - and he just moves over here with potentially having all of those items? I think it sounds odd, and also as Pankreas pointed out - will he get double of all SP/AP from quests if he do them again? That'd be a problem in my opinion.

The Norwegian server closed down quite recently because of lack of players and the players that were left were offered to migrate to either the Danish (.dk), Swedish (.se) or the international server (.net). From what I've heard from players that migrated, if they chose to migrate to .net the world needed to have a full hall of fame so it wouldn't create an unfair advantage for the players that migrated.

Regarding community event rewards and other items, I don't think it's a big enough problem for it to be taken into consideration. Sure, there might become a duplicate of an event weapon or two, but how much does it really matter? Other than a few event weapons, I don't really think it differs that much when it comes to items. What would even the alternative to this be? Just take them away from the player that has actually earned it or not allow them to migrate?

The attribute and skill points should of course not be rewarded twice from quests, something I hope it isn't currently. If it's, then it should be fixed; but hopefully it isn't.

DeletedUser22685

It's impossible at the moment for players to finish those AP/SP quests without receiving the rewards, but something does need to be done about it, whether the non-repeatable regular quest AP/SP are not give to the migrating characters with the rest of their points, or someone's tasked with manually removing them after each quest is completed.