Gold/silver job scripts

DeletedUser37321

How can i find out if i have Gold/silver job scripts accidentally installed or not? I just wanna make sure that i don't get banned. I have
The West - Connection booster, The West - Item Set Manager,
The West - Quick items search, The West - Skills Calc, The West - tw-db.info Cloth Calc [e,
TW-Collections. Am i safe from being banned?

DeletedUser33353

No one is safe from being banned(insert evil laugh here).
But, going by your list.....they all look legit to me.

Deleted User - 1693871

More to the point, given this has been a clear rule for a long time, why the warning?

DeletedUser8627

More to the point, given this has been a clear rule for a long time, why the warning?

Because it is something we could not completely enforce in the past since it is quite difficult to find out what a player has installed on their browser. But I've managed to overcome this little problem and found a way to have a good indicator that an illegal script is installed and being used.

Since I don't want to ban half of The West population, I decided to give fair warning before proceeding with punishment. I do fear there will still be many many casualties in this war against illegal scripts.

DeletedUser37321

hey da twister, on my mini map above the search window, i have these little squares that say gold, silver jobs. Is this normal? If not, how do i remove it? I'm clueless! i've never used it. Please help me get this removed. I listed my installed scripts above. Not sure what to do... http://prntscr.com/76m5r9 I just now disabled all scripts execpt TW-Collections and tw-db.info Cloth Calc and its still there. Is this okey?

Last edited by a moderator:

Slygoxx

That's included in the tw-db script and allows you to share found gold/silver jobs with other players and import ones found by others. Should be fine.

Last edited:

DeletedUser37321

oh man, thanks i was worried cause i knew i didn't install any illegal scripts to my knowledge but that looked a little fishy to me even though i never used it. Thanks for making me feel better about this. Can anyone else confirm that this is okey?

DeletedUser33353

Well......since I have the same one, I would go with Sly's assessment. It is a tw-db script, does not help you find gold/silver jobs.

DeletedUser

Just out of curiosity, this seems to be the only script I have heard about on the forum that is banned. Surely it doesn't alter game play that much, so what makes this so bad compared to other scripts out there that affect the game?

Surely the friends' script is worse than this as it allows you to remove the tedium of pressing egg after egg / flower after flower in events, whereas this script appears to just allow you to look through silver and gold jobs that are already on the map anyway?

A little explanation of the "why" would be appreciated.

Slygoxx

This script allows you to remove the tedious procedure of checking every job site, which is how the silver and gold jobs are supposed to be found; by pure luck or with effort, not with a script that scans the entire map for you.

DeletedUser

This script allows you to remove the tedious procedure of checking every job site, which is how the silver and gold jobs are supposed to be found; by pure luck or with effort, not with a script that scans the entire map for you.

Thanks, it just seems a bit bizarre that much more useful scripts are allowed but this one isn't.

Slygoxx

This one automates actions for you, the friends script for example gives a new interface to the friends list that allows you to click faster, a script that would give things to your friends automatically would not be allowed, but this one still requires you to individually click on your friends and send it to them, just with 1 click instead of 2.

DeletedUser

Silver ringed jobs change a little after 3am server time everyday. There are 5 in every county. The silver ringed jobs tend to follow a theme, eg: it not unusual to see a lot of silver rings around Coal Mining or any other particular job at the same time.
There are 15 counties, therefore 15 gold ringed jobs - not restricted by county lines. These are intentionally random and they change/move the instant that particular gold ring has expired. They reportedly expire after dropping x number of products (the number depending on the ease of the original drop rate).
Scripts eliminate this intentional random factor. They eliminate the fair or equal chance every player has of finding a gold ringed job. Imagine seeing that a gold ring has expired and being able to instantly scour the entire map to find its new location. That definitely defeats an intentionally coded hidden movement in the game.
I think the use of a script that allows a non-Dueler to view opponent characteristics that only a Dueler is intentionally coded to be able to view would be just as unauthorized as the use of a gold/silver ringed job script. Both violate the intent of specific sections of code in the game.

DeletedUser

Glad I don't use scripts, so I don't have to worry this sort of thing. I guess some people feel the need to push the envelope, as it has been pretty clear from the start that gold/silver job finding scripts were off limits.

foscock

If I recall correctly, the is somewhere a place that lists script that are approved - could that place be linked here?

DeletedUser8627

All links to scripts listed in our External Sites Discussion section have been approved. All illegal scripts, the actual links have either been removed or we have not approved the thread for public viewing.

DeletedUser8269

Because it is something we could not completely enforce in the past since it is quite difficult to find out what a player has installed on their browser. But I've managed to overcome this little problem and found a way to have a good indicator that an illegal script is installed and being used.

Since I don't want to ban half of The West population, I decided to give fair warning before proceeding with punishment. I do fear there will still be many many casualties in this war against illegal scripts.

Hmmmm..... So you have found a way to see what scripts I have installed on my browser. I can only see this as an invasion of my privacy, and its very close to Hacking. Inno has no authority whatsoever to check my computer on what I have installed on it and if you run scripts to see what I have installed, basically you should be banned yourself, and all players should sue Inno ! :)

DeletedUser8627

Hmmmm..... So you have found a way to see what scripts I have installed on my browser. I can only see this as an invasion of my privacy, and its very close to Hacking. Inno has no authority whatsoever to check my computer on what I have installed on it and if you run scripts to see what I have installed, basically you should be banned yourself, and all players should sue Inno ! :)

Is that even possible? ;)