Telegram - Add Recipient - Friends List

• Thread starter DeletedUser26820
  • Start date

DeletedUser26820

Forgive me if this has already been proposed and discussed.
I briefly scanned the http://forum.the-west.net/showthread.php?t=32004 thread and did not see anything specific to what I'm proposing.

And you'll have to forgive me if my post does not follow the requested format.
This is my first time posting an "Idea."

Currently, when we open a new telegram, and have the option, "Add Recipient":
http://prntscr.com/6qk5i3

The "Add Recipient" options are:
Town Members
Town Leadership
And toons that have been manually created by you in your telegram list.

http://prntscr.com/6qk6cx

What I'm proposing is that in the Add Recipient sub-box, after Town Leadership, there be a "Friendship List" link that with a click will import all the toons on your friendship list into a telegram.

If this has been proposed already, I apologize.
If this hasn't been proposed already, I'd put it on the "why didn't we think of that already" list.

If there's code to import a specific toon's town members and town leadership, it should not take much to add code to import a specific toon's friendship list to a telegram distribution option.

If this proposal has support or merit or interest, I could use some assistance getting it in the proper format to be submitted for review, vote, and hopeful approval and implementation.

Best Regards,

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser22685

I can't think of a scenario where I would possibly need to use this feature, and I can already envision the "send eggs or I'll delete you" spam that it'll cause, but I'm impartial either way.

DeletedUser30224

I don't see anything wrong with that, it is a valid proposal so why not. Some people will find it useful. I presume the friend list will be the current friend list, so that if you receive spam from one of your "friends" you can just delete the tele so that you do not receive any more replies and delete your friend.

I'm always going to support more interaction between players, and if you guys would find uses for this proposal, I'm going to support it.

PS. If I receive any threat from my so called friends, they are history :)

DeletedUser26820

Yes, the "Friend List" would be your current, accepted friendship list, just like Town Members and Town Leadership distribution lists are what they are at the moment yet dynamic as that group changes.

And if a "friend" gets carried away with spam, removing the friend and discontinuing the friendship is one solution to be removed from their Friend List distribution list.

On a separate topic, I really appreciate not having a spammed Reports list every time someone sends me eggs. I actually enjoy not knowing who's sending them to me or not :)

DeletedUser36559

I like the idea but if someone keeps spamming me everyday for items or join 'x' fort battle they are going straight to the block list/unfriend.

DeletedUser26820

And that's why chat ignore and telegram block were the best additions to the game after fort fights and dueling :)

Essentially, hasn't the Friends List turned into a group of active toons most likely to reward you with eggs and flowers and whatnots during events??
There are ancillary reasons for having a toon on your friend's list, such as a trading partner or dueling buddy or crafting/resource provider, etc., but the way it is, don't you want the most active toons of a server on your friend's list to send you these event items? And if you're trading a lot with or dueling a lot with another toon, they're active, which goes back to my base premise here that they're more likely to send you event items.

So it stands to reason, if you want to draw attention to or advertise something, that telegram distribution list gets the word out to specific active toons.

DeletedUser26820

Thank you, Dev and Mod teams, for rolling this out and adding it to the 2.24 revision.