Rentable Items on Market

DeletedUser33499

I've been hearing about people complaining about the upgrade update of items being too expensive on the market and younger leveled players not able to obtain the equipment from the game due to the dramatic price increase on the market.

Well, I've been thinking of the idea of rentable items. This is only for any gear item and you can sell an item temporarily on the market for in-game cash (and this is auto-set based on the number of months the player(s) want to keep any items that are rented (which would increase the rent cost for the number of months (the player an select a range for the number of months, but not the price)). The only disadvantage to this idea is the fact that once the renter obtains the item, they cannot upgrade it even with three of the same rented/owned items and they cannot auction that item to other people besides the renter (who will automatically reclaim the item when the rent date has expired). Upgraded equipment cannot be rented in a similar way where upgraded equipment cannot be auctioned. When I meant based on months and the cost of each individual month is fixed, players cannot alter it and the price for renting is not too expensive (I believe that a thousand dollars of in-game cash is sufficient each month for renting gear). This would give players who are new to the game or played for a while and never had a chance to obtain equipment to obtain it for a while depending on the time the rent lasts.

This idea would help people out if they decide to want the items a cheap way, but it is good for the renter to make easy in-game cash whenever possible. But if they rent an item for a month, the renter cannot claim it back until the month is over so they cannot allow rent on the item again until the item is returned (unless you have another item that is the same (ex.: two cullen hats: you can sell them both temporarily using the rent tool on the market)).

Another note is that the minimum time I could think of is a month and the maximum is any time after that. Consumable items and products cannot be rented. And I am debating if Tombola weapons can be rentable or not, despite the fact that they cannot be auctionable. And it is still debatable whether any rentable items would count toward collection achievement hunters.

I know this is just an idea, but I would like some feedback from other players about it and I appreciate it if anyone would like this idea implemented to solve the problems of the market increase after the update with the item upgrade.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser35533

NO.
1. it seems like a game mechanics nightmare.
2.1k a month makes renting out anything unprofitable.
3.what if a character is deleted with rented items
4.upgrading like crafting is not for the lower levels.
5.price change on items seems like a more logical step

DeletedUser15099

i literally came to the forums to propose this idea, and i was thinking something like runescape lending.. make a tab at the market, and instead of the price, have the time fixed. 1 months for example, the price can be set by owner of the item, or even auctionable. if the player is banned, quits, the items automatically goes back to owner. obviously rented items woudnt be auctionable or upgradable.

already upgraded items can also be lent, why not.. rich people would profit! and poor people dont have to spend millions to upgrade a hernando's sword 5 times.

DeletedUser34315

I really like item lending. I've helped a lot of townies in the past, and it's annoying when they then leave the game- with all my low level gear.

DeletedUser33499

NO.
1. it seems like a game mechanics nightmare.
2.1k a month makes renting out anything unprofitable.
3.what if a character is deleted with rented items
4.upgrading like crafting is not for the lower levels.
5.price change on items seems like a more logical step

For what you said, if the person leaves the world, any items that the person rents will be delivered back to you instantly. (I've been thinking of an idea where your items are stored in a database to let you know which items are rented by players, who the player is, when the rent date is and the due date of the items, etc. and will keep all data in a justifiable manner)

And what I said about 1k a month, it is just a sample of data that is not yet proven, but I am not sure about the fixed price yet. Only the modulators would have to decide that if they want to implement the idea and the price of a monthly rent on your armor and weapons if someone else wants to rent them. I like what you mentioned for number 5, but you don't want to overcharge a rent or make up a price for the item. The reason it should be fixed is so people don't overcharge an item for a lot more per month than the normal amount or else it would it would cheat the market system with making easy in-game cash. That would definitely make the item not worth the cost (like charging someone 100k per month on one item). Unless it goes up to the purchase charge of that item and not over it, I am fine with that.

"4.upgrading like crafting is not for the lower levels. ". I am confused what you meant by this. I read through articles and that lower leveled players who don't have enough money would not have enough for the weapons and armors listed on the Market because of the price increase. The rent idea means that the person can loan the item temporarily and it will be automatically be sent back once the rental period expires, even if the person leaves. All data about your character's equipment being rented would be stored in a GUI.
In your statement above, I don't know if you mean that lower level people should not be renting this equipment even if those people are in the same alliance as you are in. All you have to do is assign the name of the person who is renting the equipment, just like if you are operating a normal Market, however no one else would see it except the player you assigned it to and once they accept the total monthly rent of the item, they will pick it up for temporarily means while you know who rented the item (different than the market). That is pretty much it.

Gandalf Grayhame said:
I really like item lending. I've helped a lot of townies in the past, and it's annoying when they then leave the game- with all my low level gear.

The problem with item lending is that the person leaves with the item if they leave the game. People are unpredictable when it comes to them playing the game and leaving the game. This idea is to prevent items from being taken away for good when the player leaves The West after they rent the equipment. I know how many people hate losing their items and I just want to help out with some good ideas to prevent these problems.

DeletedUser34315

I think i should clarify- i think this is a really good idea, v999, for exactly what you said. Getting your items back when players head out of the game.
Also, removes the risk factor of lending things like golden tomahawks or howdahs.

DeletedUser35533

looking at it that way I would +1 it. I too have many townies who took off with a lot of gear (often tombola level gear )

DeletedUser36559

Good idea, I've lost a lot of items to players who simple didn't return to the game. Only problem I have is people will lend out their entire inventory and make millions upon millions so maybe have a set limit you can lend out at a time.