Make bids visible

DeletedUser33342

Hi,

The idea is really short so I won't spend much words on it.

Give the market a layout which tells you if there is a bid placed by someone, when and by who by hovering it.
Ebay?

grtz

DeletedUser29831

Easy question. Why? I get the "show if there is a bid", but why who and when?

DeletedUser33342

I was taking an example of ebay so we don't need to add those :) the who for not bidding against an allied player if you're both looking for 1 jacket to help eachother, or use another bidding strategy for bidding at the last moment if you know you're bidding against a rich player who can easily outbid you but will fall asleep before the auction ends. just an example :)

DeletedUser35533

It could be useful. you could see who is bidding and if they lose pm them with an offer for the same item (if you are selling) or if you are selling it cheaper. I also think we really need a "revers" market where people can post what they are looking for and for how much.

Pankreas PorFavor

I would like for items not to disappear from the watchlist once the auction is over. I don't really care who bought it, but it would be nice to see what was the end price. I am talking about auctions where I am not the seller or the buyer, of course.

DeletedUser

IF this was added then there would be a high chance of an individual who wins the bid getting massively dueled by another person who was trying to buy the item. I personally do not think this is not a good idea.

DeletedUser29831

When I put something on the market, I want as much for it as possible. Making it easier for others to agree on bids or bid sniping isn't anything I would like to see. A big no from me then. But I like Pankreas idea. Would be nice to see what some items are sold for, so I know how much I need to pay for it the next time.

DeletedUser

My problem is the idea that people will get dueled because the other person may feel like they got cheated. Thus, there will a surplus of individuals leaving the game, who are market hogs. Although, I do like the history of items sold.

DeletedUser

Do not like the idea of having the 'who' included either. No from me as well.

DeletedUser36559

All your enemies will keep bid sniping/duel you after/send hatemail since they have personal grudges so it's a no from me.

DeletedUser

Seriously, in this game people have managed to make enemies?!? Wow... I mean, yeah sure, I get dueled every now and then, but enemies?!? Geez, maybe I need to go and start offending people more than I do (well, at least more than in my usual olfactory way).

And oh yeah, I agree with the proposal. Make it all vizible I say!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser30224

I'd welcome this. I don't agree that you would be duelled or otherwise abused if you win an auction on the market. You've done nothing wrong by wining the auction so why would you be fearful or otherwise care about what others think of it.

DeletedUser33342

How can you be cheated in an auction? When someone places a higher bid? Gosh mayby we need to explain the subject "auction"? :) When you're taking financial matters personally you are either out of duelling targets and looking for a 1M$ excuse, too easily offended, thinking you deserve better than others? :s BTW if I were able to buy Cullen Coat before someone else, how would he beat me in a revenge duel? :D
When you have these things implemented you can start applying bidding strategies and it makes the market more challenging and interesting. Not only for bidders but also for sellers so they know if there's a big/small demand and even know interested players. And tell me, why would players agree for a bid if they're both bidding? Cut the pants in half to wear them both but pay a less price? And the sniping.. How would that be supported?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser29831

And tell me, why would players agree for a bid if they're both bidding? Cut the pants in half to wear them both but pay a less price? And the sniping.. How would that be supported?

1. I want item A. I see deiben want it as well. Instead of going into a bid war, I tele him and agrees to pay him to stop bidding on the item.

2. If you play with someone for a period of time, you notice when they are most likely online or offline. If the auction ends when he is offline, there is no point in bidding more, just snipe the bid.

Personally I would like to see an prolonging of the bid period in case of bids made the last hour or so, but that is another discussion and not even realistic.

DeletedUser33342

1. How would you share the item than? I can't imagine that if you both want item A that you're going to 'give it away' to the other person.

2. That's also called bidding strategy. Do you know when certain players are on or offline? I guess you're stalking them. And what about the times you're AFK or offline and they come online? I don't think this is a relevant argument.

Pankreas PorFavor

1. I want item A. I see deiben want it as well. Instead of going into a bid war, I tele him and agrees to pay him to stop bidding on the item.

Pankreas sees the same auction and gets the item cheap in the last second because TR and deiben stopped the bidding war. TR and deiben are unhappy because their deal fell through, the seller is unhappy because he didn't get as much as he hoped for, Pankreas jumps for joy and points finger at all three and laughs ;) :)

DeletedUser33342

I was seeing the following conclusion:

Pankreas jumps for joy and points finger at TR and Deiben laughing for being dumb because they tought they were the only 2 able to buy the item, or the only 2 interested. > Bad bidding strategy.

DeletedUser

In an open bidding system where everyone can see everything going on, it's almost impossible to collude to either obtain a desired result or to deny a desired result. Too many people to create that kind of influence.

Anyways, the upshot is that I agree that it should be open. Why not see who's bidding and who won, and for how much. Almost any other auction system operates this way. And besides, it's more fun and interesting.

OK fine, a silent or closed auction system does not, but how would you implement that in this game? Game's meant to be social. A silent auction system would be what? You put up what you want for sale, don't ask how much you want for it, then keep hoping that a quiet bidding war drives the price up? OK, that can work mechanically, but it sure flies in the face of the 'social' ethos behind the game. And it's boring...

DeletedUser29831

Memo to myself: apologize to deiben. :hmf: Ah well.

I the who for not bidding against an allied player if you're both looking for 1 jacket to help eachother,

1. How would you share the item than? I can't imagine that if you both want item A that you're going to 'give it away' to the other person.

You are arguing against yourself here. ;) But let's say I tele the other player, and tell him I'll pay him 50k if he stops bidding, or I will abstain from bidding the next time he wants something. Of course others can still bid, but I've gotten some competition away. As for sniping, whatever. In a real auction the guy willing to pay the most get the stuff, not whoever times his bids best. But if a seller is afraid of that, set a purchase price as well as a starting price. The bottom line is, I can't see anything good for the seller here, just for the buyers who can work together to keep the price down.

But I would love to see what stuff went for.