revise when treats can be received/sent

DeletedUser

Proposal
Make the 12 and 24 h bags to have fixed period like daily quests.

Details
Many West items are set to every 24 or 12 hours. I suggest that these events be set up to occur when the daily quests are available and 12 hours later if it is a 12 hour event. This would eliminate the built in delay that is present. For example, currently we have a heart bag to generate hearts. If a user gets delayed from activating the heart bag, then from that point the timing to active the heart bag gets set to the new time. By setting it to the same time as the daily quests are presented, this situation will never occur again.

If something is set for 12 hours apart, then a user has 12 hours to complete the event, so 2 events could occur within 30 minutes. But that would be 2 events within 24 hours.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Great idea from a player's perspective, but for Inno, they would lose the nuggets people spend at the end of the event to boost their hearts to the level they desire. If you allowed us players (which is a great idea) to benefit every 12 hours and not miss any hearts, then Inno would lose revenue which would probably make this a non-starter.

DeletedUser30224

There's no harm in trying. I strongly agree with your point Came, but only our CM can stop (with a valid supporting argument) an idea from being actually submitted :) I don't think any of us would be against this, but you never know...what do people think?

DeletedUser34295

I think the idea is awesome, and it's something I've been thinking of putting forward myself. But I'm also afraid Inno will think just like Came explained and will worry about losing their money - unfortunately.

DeletedUser36979

Actually I think it could be a win for InnoGames economically as well, since more player will be closer to the end gift and might use gold for the hearts they lack.

Also, it would make a happier playerbase, and happy players are more inclined to use money on a game.

DeletedUser36559

I like the idea but it will probably be a no from Inno's side due to reasons already explained. Happy players will not necessarily spend money, only players who are willing to spend will spend.

DeletedUser35533

Great idea from a player's perspective, but for Inno, they would lose the nuggets people spend at the end of the event to boost their hearts to the level they desire. If you allowed us players (which is a great idea) to benefit every 12 hours and not miss any hearts, then Inno would lose revenue which would probably make this a non-starter.
meh. they could just increase the amount of hearts required.

DeletedUser29831

As an alternative, make the cool down period 11/23 hours. That way, if you forget it, you can work your way back again.

Or if you are logged into the game, there should be a popup telling you to click on the stupid thing when the timer runs out. :mad:

DeletedUser36559

If we are that dedicated, ofc we can set an alarm for ourselves, or a reminder in our phones :p

I don't want my phone to be ringing during my work :D Best thing to do is click on it once/twice the same time everyday that way it would be easier to remember and you are more likely to stick to it (maybe).

DeletedUser35120

I don't want my phone to be ringing during my work :D Best thing to do is click on it once/twice the same time everyday that way it would be easier to remember and you are more likely to stick to it (maybe).

It can always vibrate :p And like I said, I added the term "dedicated". Hehe.

and yes you're right with your tactic though. Just choose a time x when you're at the keyboard to click on those bags at x am and x pm as well. easier. if one can't.. then it's their loss...

DeletedUser36979

and yes you're right with your tactic though. Just choose a time x when you're at the keyboard to click on those bags at x am and x pm as well. easier. if one can't.. then it's their loss...

Or maybe they actually have a job where they don't sit and surf the net all day...:blink: And they get screwed by the current system. Having the bags reset at a given time every day (twice for the small bags) would make it possible for all to keep normal playstyle.

With the current 24h bag, you need to push your rutines a little every day... and that is yet another annoyance for already annoyed players, and more people will leave game... and I think the game is bleeding enough players already... several servers are nearly dead already. :hmf:

DeletedUser

That would raise the limit that each bag can give. If you get the 24h of the bag into the daily routine, you can get, at least, 5000 hearts more than on any normal active player. Better than that, you can just go to the game once (or twice... like the small bag) a day and still get the hearts. (2500X18=45000 hearts just for a once a day login, plus the small bag, that would get you a free unique chest without any bother and not doing anything in the game... just login once a day use the bags and 55000 hearts would be your lowest amount)

This events are for getting people active and be online for more times than any normal day. That´s why they made the bags to be more productive for people that are online, at least, twice a day. (it´s bad for the ones that just get here before and after work or school or don´t have fixed times to get online)
The fair is a massive example that having a fixed time is a great thing.... only for a small number of players. Some due to there time zone, others because they can get online during the night time. The people that get here at 7am see the fair with most of the products placed and they just have to build since there products are not needed. And only a small bunch of players are getting massive payments of upbs for the fair products.

DeletedUser36979

This events are for getting people active and be online for more times than any normal day. That´s why they made the bags to be more productive for people that are online, at least, twice a day. (it´s bad for the ones that just get here before and after work or school or don´t have fixed times to get online)
The fair is a massive example that having a fixed time is a great thing.... only for a small number of players. Some due to there time zone, others because they can get online during the night time. The people that get here at 7am see the fair with most of the products placed and they just have to build since there products are not needed. And only a small bunch of players are getting massive payments of upbs for the fair products.

You really think a money-sink event will attract more players? That would be a first... an event like this, where even very active players will have a hard time reaching Romeo's chest without spending bonds/nuggets, will never attract more active players, it will make the discontent people more likely to just throw in the towel and leave the game.

And by your logic, if you want more bonds building the fair, just log in when it activates... if you come several hours later, that is just tough luck. Personally I think the fair is a waste of time and products to build, and the daily rewards in the fair really needs an overhaul. But that is another thread somewhere I think, and off topic here.

DeletedUser

I did a VERY basic analysis, and if you already have sets like Ludwig October, last years' valentines, or even St Patricks, then I can't see that there's any advantage in having the Romeo set. Except maybe for leadership it doesn't even seem worth it.

Anyone go through a more detailed analysis of this new set versus the others?

(I can't help but feel like I'm getting much less this time around than last time, leaves me questioning the wisdom of 'wasting' nuggets/bonds for this newest set...)

DeletedUser34315

I didn't do a very careful check, but i see no significant benefit to any of this time's sets. Not like the lover's gear last year being best at building.

DeletedUser

You really think a money-sink event will attract more players? That would be a first... an event like this, where even very active players will have a hard time reaching Romeo's chest without spending bonds/nuggets, will never attract more active players, it will make the discontent people more likely to just throw in the towel and leave the game.
Well... if it was so easy like all the other tombolas, why would people bore to be active? They just need to pickup 4400 nuggets and used in groups of 800 to get the things they want. Nothing more to bother. Those where the things that toke people out of the game. And the matter is not attracting more players... is to keep them. Something that is failing in the last 2 years. (but that´s tied with something else that is not connected with this event)

And by your logic, if you want more bonds building the fair, just log in when it activates... if you come several hours later, that is just tough luck. Personally I think the fair is a waste of time and products to build, and the daily rewards in the fair really needs an overhaul. But that is another thread somewhere I think, and off topic here.

You know people need to sleep don´t you? You know that at 3am (hour from my country when the fair opens) most people need to be sleeping to work next day? If the fair had some "non announced time", it wouldn´t be the same ones always getting the rewards. The games rewards are not bad... the problem is that the normal ones don´t have any usage... since people get to the level where they don´t need them in less than 24 hours of the game. (sorry for the off topic, even that is tied with the heart bags purposal, since it asks for a fixed time, i just used an example of something that is like that).

Ps- Barman set is good for some construction jobs (weaker than the noble set). Romeo... well it´s just another set.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser36559

Been looking at the stats and yes there is no good advantage in having these new sets apart from aesthetic reasons. The old sets are good if not better.