Construction XP

DeletedUser

Mods, I apologize in advance, but I am not good at searching for old threads with the tools here.

I am doing construction for the first time ever. My question, is, the XP seems to be totally random.
I can line up 4 hours in a row, and get as an example xp , 830, 811, 1200, 799.

I did not change any clothes before you ask.

and all sorts of combos. why?

Another question, Kidd K, suggested to switch to St. Patty's as the job ended for extra experience, as " experience and luck clothes count at the END of jobs" as opposed to what you locked the jobs in with. I am not sure I agree with that, comments?

DeletedUser22685

Construction experience is definitely more random than exp from regular jobs, since it still uses the game's original exp calculation formula, which selected exp from within a range rather than giving a constant amount each time. The average exp rate does increase with level, but you'll be getting results far to either side of that average.

And Kidd's explanation of the exp and luck gear is correct.

DeletedUser

Thanks. I tried 8 hours ending in St. Patty's gear and saw no benefit? At 20% I would have thought I would have noticed it. I'll try again. And the spread on experience is large, I got 1277 today when I usually get around 800.

DeletedUser22685

Thanks. I tried 8 hours ending in St. Patty's gear and saw no benefit? At 20% I would have thought I would have noticed it. I'll try again. And the spread on experience is large, I got 1277 today when I usually get around 800.

Yeah, the spread is large, and it gets larger as the church level increases. I wouldn't say it's terribly unusual to notice no benefit from a 20% boost over eight hours, since I've often been unlucky that many times in a row. That said, I suppose it's also possible for the exp boosting sets to not work for construction. I don't see why that would be the case, but construction doesn't act like a regular job in many ways. You'd have to run a more thorough test if you want to know for sure, but my guess is that you were just unlucky.

DeletedUser

Thanks, I will try the Patty set again going forward. ( although I did once since this thread started on one construction, and got a negative effect ).

Edit to add, I think the times I get the huge XP bonus, I have NOT had the bonus clothes on, so that is also why I am confused.