the craft icon

DeletedUser

how about have the craft icon blink when you got all of the items for an item to craft.

DeletedUser

Those materials can be carried for other reasons too. Some of the starting recipes need only one ingredient. If you have it in your inventory for a quest, or if you just have it and you don't want to use it for crafting, either the icon will keep blinking or you will have to get rid of that material which you may need later.

Inside the crafting menu, there is an option called "hide unavailable materials". ticking it will only show recipes for which you have all materials. I think that works well if you want to know if you can craft something. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser22685

That would be incredibly annoying. The flashing work window is already bad enough whilst levelling up. It only takes one click to check whether or not you have the materials needed to craft something, whether that click is to enter your Inventory or the Crafting window.

Deleted User - 3853873

That would be incredibly annoying. The flashing work window is already bad enough whilst levelling up. It only takes one click to check whether or not you have the materials needed to craft something, whether that click is to enter your Inventory or the Crafting window.
I totaly agree with that lol,even the job icon that flashes until you do the new job drives me crazy or how the message has to flash every time you do a job or make something,wish it only did if someone sent you mail

DeletedUser36559

Anyone know how to get rid of the flashing job icon? It gets pretty annoying.

DeletedUser

Yes, find the jobs that are 'new' under the job icon, go to that job on the map and open the job like you are going to do it. Do that for each 'new' job and it will quit flashing.

You will have to do this for each 'new' job every time you level up.

DeletedUser

you don't have to do those jobs, just open that job's box. As long as you know what is the new job that you can do now, that game is satisfied and stops the flashing. :D

DeletedUser

Yeah. That's a HUGE no from me for this proposal. I too HATE the flashing icons. The biggest bugbear for ME is the FORUM one. I have now joined 2 world forums and my biggest peeve is when you get 2 people having a conversation on the world forum.

[Blink] That item you're selling. How much do you want for it?
[Blink] I'll sell it to you for $10,000
[Blink] That's a bit steep. Will you go lower?

AAAARRRRGGHH!!! Have they never heard of private comm's? No sooner do I mark it as 'read' than somebody goes and posts an innocuous reply.

Sorry about that. got a bit worked up. :D
By the way, you CAN actually DISABLE the flashing by toying with your settings. I can't remember off-hand which one, but when you find the right one, the flashing stops and the icons just light up and stay lit until sorted out. I tried this, but ironically ended up missing some vital messages because I wasn't looking and missed the icon. When it's flashing, you kind of can't miss it. :D

DeletedUser22685

By the way, you CAN actually DISABLE the flashing by toying with your settings. I can't remember off-hand which one, but when you find the right one, the flashing stops and the icons just light up and stay lit until sorted out. I tried this, but ironically ended up missing some vital messages because I wasn't looking and missed the icon. When it's flashing, you kind of can't miss it. :D

That would bother me just as much. It's not the flashing that bothers me so much as the fact that they set off my OCD. They'd still be different to the others even if they're solidly lit.