Newport Searchparty

DeletedUser36782

I know this is a stupid question, since it has not been asked before that I can see, but in the Newport quest and the Searchparty section, there is a need for "Water Reserves" but in order to get "water reserves" I have to duel the Water Thief two steps away.

My question is this: How does one get the "water reserves" in order to complete this section of the quest?

As nobody else seems to have posted this problem it seems obvious to me that I must be missing something quite obvious.

Cheers

DeletedUser36559

Once you defeat the water thief you will receive the water reserves, equip the water reserves ( It should be in your inventory) and you can complete the searchparty section.

DeletedUser35120

Once you accept the Searchparty quest, Desert Thief Camp will have a quest for you. It will need you to travel 5000 miles first. Once you've completed the quest, Desert Thief Camp will have another quest for you, i.e. to win a duel against the water thief. If you complete that quest, you'll get the water reserves as the quest reward. All this time you'll have to have the Searchparty quest accepted.

Stupidity is in your name, it's expected.

LOL, nah - kidding only :p

DeletedUser36782

Not just in the name! I never went back to Newport to see if anything else were available. Now that really is a stupid act! Now that I have seen that there are multiple parts I am going back to Newport and getting the thing done! I really AM stupid with this one. It never occurred to me there might be more than one part working at the same time!

Cheers all!

DeletedUser35120

Heh, it's okay. Nobody's an expert in this game right from start. you need experience in this game to move ahead, and you leant a new thing here. Many quests, especially Main Story quests have a lot of these types of quests, where one quest requires the completion of other quests. There's a helpful guide for ya for all the quests in the west. It's a spoiler though..

tw-db.info/?strana=quests

Newport quest: tw-db.info/?strana=quest&serie=qs_116

DeletedUser

There is a small bug on that quest... that´s, probably, why you didn´t see the employer.

When you accept the quest on the Mayor, the water reserves icon doesn´t show up. You need to reload the game to see it.

(there is a problem similar on the Mencer part 4... when you accept a quest and don´t see anything more, reload the employer or the game and you can see what the quest asks for).

DeletedUser

yeah theres a bunch like that you gotta refresh the mexican one did that to me took me ages to work it out and a lot of miles looking then ended back in the same place :/