Buffs to reduce job damage

DeletedUser36559

Idea title: There should be buffs available which reduces the danger from jobs.

Details of idea: While using the buff it does not mean you take no damage at all but it reduces the overall damage you take from a high danger job. There should be three types of these buffs one reduces your job damage by 10%, second one is 20% and lastly 30%. We could have a particular crafting class creating these buffs ( most likely tonic peddler) or they should be sold in the UPS shop, the first buff for 30 bonds/nuggets, second buff for 50 bonds/nuggets and the third one for 70, (both buffs have 5 uses each) or maybe craft them and buy them from UPS shop but I'll leave it to the developers to choose how they wish to implement this.

Visual Aid: None

Reasons for submitting: These buffs will greatly improve the play of non-advent premium/non-prem players as they can use these buffs to do some high danger jobs for items or for particular quests. I know there are work instructions which reduce the job damage for you but these can also be used as they are cheaper and can be used simultaneously with work instructions. I don't think it will be too difficult to implement. Also with the large number of HP tanks who struggle to do good jobs it should benefit them.

Snr Sarg

Sorry, I think the work instructions are adequate.

If you make it too easy to do all jobs then everyone will just get the same max HP fort build and the game will have no variety.

Deleted User - 1802579

I see absolutely no reason for this, this game is already too easy as it is. Everyone can do any job to complete quests if they reach a high enough level. As has been said above me, there are already enough buffs to increase LP and decrease the danger, either from crafts or from the UPS. If this gets implemented there is no point at all in having a different skill builds anymore.

DeletedUser

Agreed with everyone else. Too easy to reskill to pure HP build, go for self-ko every 48 hours, then buff yourself to invulnerability from damage. It would be another step to killing the game.

PLUS isn't there already a buff that more or less protects you, called the Indian Rite necklace? OK, so you won't get your money/items/XP from the job that KO's you, but in fact it's better than the buffs mentioned here since you'd get back everything else!

So, no to this idea. Sorry Micky. But keep thinking!

DeletedUser33342

Agreed with everyone else. Too easy to reskill to pure HP build, go for self-ko every 48 hours, then buff yourself to invulnerability from damage. It would be another step to killing the game.

So, no to this idea. Sorry Micky. But keep thinking!

damage is calculated in % so if you have 1k hp or 10k hp that doesn't matter. It'll be used to complete quests, not for the job itself! That's a total different kind of view you have.
Yes the indian necklace to revive, but the buffs to reduce damage are more expensive AND you don't lose precious time, before you notice you have been KO'd and transport back to the job, you lose some hours.

I see absolutely no reason for this, this game is already too easy as it is. Everyone can do any job to complete quests if they reach a high enough level. As has been said above me, there are already enough buffs to increase LP and decrease the danger, either from crafts or from the UPS. If this gets implemented there is no point at all in having a different skill builds anymore.

You have a point but with the damage reducer you don't increase chance of finding products, which is in my eyes, still the purpose of a skill build?

Deleted User - 1802579

You have a point but with the damage reducer you don't increase chance of finding products, which is in my eyes, still the purpose of a skill build?

True, but you can only go so far with product droprate, it's capped at a certain number of LP.

DeletedUser

As the chances of getting hurt and the damage taken, both depend upon your labour points in a job, you can reduce your chances of getting hurt by increasing your labour points, for which there are crafted buffs like Gentlemans dinner, buffs from tombola which give job specific labour points boost, and then Work instructions which are available for both UPB and nuggets.

I'd think this idea is already there in the game, in a much more comprehensive way.