Help, I've run out of quests!

DeletedUser

I'm at lvl 37, and have completed every quest I've been able to. I only have 2 quests in my queue, and my level isn't high enough to do any of them (learning 2 recipes, trading with indians). How is this possible? Do people just churn lower-level quests for weeks until they get to a high enough level? I'm just not that into this game...

I need some quests I'm eligible to do, not go into retirement! Hope someone can help.

Pankreas PorFavor

ummm, you login once every 4 moths, or what? it says you joined this forum in May 2011, and you are level 37? :)
but to answer your question - this game is not about quests only. do some other things, jobs, duels, fort battles, and your level will rise, and new quests will open. and there's a loooooot of them ahead of you...

DeletedUser

I started playing this game a lot of years ago, got bored & quit for several years, & just started up again at level 1 about a month ago & have been playing daily. I said I ran out of quests, that also means jobs. Capiche? BOOOORRRING! Maybe u like it that way, but I like to keep movin on. As someone tagged "newcomer" after 4+ years u need to shut yr yap.

DeletedUser33353

Quests open up on levels... Check tw-db.info for a current list. And welcome back.

DeletedUser

Thanks Kidd. I get that. But why are there no quests/jobs open for level 37 players? And I have to wait til I'm level 50 to more quests/jobs? Do you think that's fun? I sure don't.

DeletedUser36559

There's a lot more to this game than just questing alone.

Pankreas PorFavor

Thanks Kidd. I get that. But why are there no quests/jobs open for level 37 players? And I have to wait til I'm level 50 to more quests/jobs? Do you think that's fun? I sure don't.

although you are rude, this might help someone else in the future, so I will post it anyway.

Kidd helped you, pointed you to tw-db.info and all, and yet you insist on false statements. ok, wait for level 50 for new quests, and ignore those that open on levels 38, 40, 45, 46 and 47.
also, don't ask how to open new jobs (because they open not only based on your level, but based on your skills which leads to labor points), just make an assumption and act like a know-it-all. ran out of quests = ran out of jobs? can you spell "n-o-o-b"?
or just quit the game again because I doubt anyone will miss you if you give them this attitude.
"shut yr yap" when someone is just trying to help? really nice of you.

DeletedUser5046

Haven't you tried doing tasks? I believe you've never done crafting. And completing a task. Why don't you try attacking or defending a fort? You don't have to play if you think its boring. So you shut up and stop complaining:mad::boone:

DeletedUser22685

Let's just stick to asking and answering questions. Regardless of who started using what attitude, it doesn't need to go any further.

Red Falcon

Do you want experience or money?

I started playing this game a lot of years ago, got bored & quit for several years, & just started up again at level 1 about a month ago & have been playing daily. I said I ran out of quests, that also means jobs. Capiche? BOOOORRRING! Maybe u like it that way, but I like to keep movin on. As someone tagged "newcomer" after 4+ years u need to shut yr yap.

Hello there! And welcome back to The West! If you are looking for a job or quest you can do at Level 37 specifically, then you might not have much luck. So keeping this in mind, I suggest you try doing some jobs which give you either a lot of experience per job or if you're after money, do a high-paying job. And The West is a game where you set up your character to do a one-hour or if you're not yet level 20, a few 10-minute jobs. Then, you log out and come back later and your jobs will be done automatically. You don't have to wait for your character do finish the jobs he or she is doing - You can do other stuff on or offline and then come back later and see the results for yourself! :D This is why I've been playing The West for so long - I don't have to put a lot of effort into playing this game...Cheers!

DeletedUser

Thanks for your helpful suggestions Red Falcon! I guess my expectations for this version were too high. I'm also playing the speed version on another server, and there's ALWAYS something to do! Guess I'll just grind a bit more in this version 'til I get to higher levels/can access more jobs. ;-)

Slygoxx

The speed world is, well, fast. It isn't really a good indication of what a regular world is like, as most things are increased 10 times.

You can see a list of all quests and their level requirements here, you can check that list to see if you missed some or forgot to visit a particular quest giver to get the next quest. Other than that, as some have already said, do some jobs, level up, and there will soon be some more quests for you to do.

If you're looking for jobs that give you a high amount of experience, I don't know if you already know this, but you can click on the "Work" button at the bottom of the screen (with a shovel icon), you will then see a list of jobs you can do in your current outfit and you can sort them by experience, money, etc.

Also, regarding quests, make sure you complete "Save the saloon, part 2". It's a requirement for a lot of other things and it'll also give you access to daily quests in the saloon, which will make sure you never run out of quests (and if you do, more quests are just a day away).

Last edited:

DeletedUser5046

its really weird that you run out of quest when there's lots of repeatable quests on the saloon. Check your quest book again while checking the list of all quests. It might get you further on your problem.

P.s. apologize for being mean..i really dont like when people call this game boring

:indian:

Red Falcon

Well said, Sly!

The speed world is, well, fast. It isn't really a good indication of what a regular world is like, as most things are increased 10 times.

You can see a list of all quests and their level requirements here, you can check that list to see if you missed some or forgot to visit a particular quest giver to get the next quest. Other than that, as some have already said, do some jobs, level up, and there will soon be some more quests for you to do.

If you're looking for jobs that give you a high amount of experience, I don't know if you already know this, but you can click on the "Work" button at the bottom of the screen (with a shovel icon), you will then see a list of jobs you can do in your current outfit and you can sort them by experience, money, etc.

Also, regarding quests, make sure you complete "Save the saloon, part 2". It's a requirement for a lot of other things and it'll also give you access to daily quests in the saloon, which will make sure you never run out of quests (and if you do, more quests are just a day away).

The above quote says it all. And in addition to this, I think it should be part of a beginner's guide in case like what happened with OP, somebody ends up getting stuck on the game and he or she is unsure of what to do next...Just my two cents. If there already is a beginner's guide on this forum (And by now, I'm sure there is) then why not add the above information to it?

DeletedUser

Well thanks for the replies, even the rude ones. Several weeks later I'm now at lvl 44, and STILL have no quests I can do (next & only job is trading w/indians, at lvl 48), & the job rewards for anything I'm eligible for are piss-ant. I'm remembering why I quit this game several years ago. Too slow, too sluggish. I'm an Adventurer, so DUH! quests are the game for me. Very disappointing.

DeletedUser

My other half is an adventurer ( i am dueler by mistake) I have often found this game VERY :blink: frustrating, but i enjoy chatting with other player ASKING for help with certain things - at the mo i am trying to do more of my mastery so am collecting stuff - The daily quests i feel could do with being a bit more varied and rewarding - stick with it - it will get better - and another point i do other stuff while playing this game as has been pointed out you dont have to sit and stare at the screen
Anyway have fun

Snr Sarg

Well thanks for the replies, even the rude ones. Several weeks later I'm now at lvl 44, and STILL have no quests I can do (next & only job is trading w/indians, at lvl 48), & the job rewards for anything I'm eligible for are piss-ant. I'm remembering why I quit this game several years ago. Too slow, too sluggish. I'm an Adventurer, so DUH! quests are the game for me. Very disappointing.

There are plenty of quests available to you if you just open your eyes and look.

Some games take skill and stamina, I think you'll be better suited to shooting fish in a barrel :no: