Introduce games of skill into Circus

DeletedUser

Proposal
Currently the games in the Circus are more 'Games of Chance'. Pick a number or box, see what you get.

I propose that Inno introduce other games, typical of what you see in traveling fairs all over the world, that give you an active opportunity to try and win something.

Current Workaround
None, you pick a number, see what happens. No skill involved, just random lucky guessing

Details
I'm no good at graphics, so I'll try to describe in words.

Initially I'm thinking that we get two games - One is your typical 'Shoot at the target', another would be like when you have to go fishing and catch something on a rod or in a net.
Maybe eventually you could add the things like 'Knock these cans off their perch' and 'Throw this ball into the basket', but let's keep it simple and start off with just 2 games, shooting and fishing.

This would/could be programmed as a Javascript-style game (experts help me here please). However the programming occurs, the game is meant to give you a chance to pick a specific target, shoot or fish for that target, and if you can get it you win the prize.

I'm thinking that to simplify it, the goal is to shoot a number of targets or to catch/fish a number of targets within 60 seconds. If you can get enough, you win the prize.

Abuse Prevention
1. Like the current Fair, you need to pay to get more than your one, daily, free game.
2. Yellow and Purple category items are not available in these interactive games. Just grey and green. Yellow and Purple wins could/would still be available through the normal Fair games. This is to prevent too many people who develop the 'right touch' from flooding the world with overpowered goodies.
3. You get to choose 'Do I want to play Shooting today' (for example) or ' Shall I go for the normal games today' for as long as the Fair is in town.
4. If you have the dime and you normally get two free goes, that would still apply here.

Summary
Injecting just a little more interactivity every once in a while but avoiding a situation where Inno have to give away a lot of hard-earned items.

Administration
Does this idea meet the Ideas Guidelines & Criteria? Yes/No
Does this idea appear on any of the Previously Suggested Ideas List? Yes/No

DeletedUser35968

I've played this 'Shoot at the target' for lotto in SIX GUNS game. and its pretty cool :)

DeletedUser33353

Neat idea, but......the fair is free thing for the populace. You can donate, build, or what have you. This is a free event, unlike a tombola(who needs 5000 buffs for fishing btw?). Just me thinking out loud, but I doubt anything will change with it.
Besides, one day......you may get lucky in the rare catagory.

DeletedUser

Kidd - It's not about getting stuff or paying for it. Everything would still be the same as with the Fair today. It's just to inject some more active fun into the fair, rather than the passive fun it currently is.

I got the idea from the 'resurrect Poker' thread. It feels like people are a little bored. So rather than invent some new mini-game within the main game, let's leverage the existing one and expand it slightly. :)

DeletedUser33342

I like the idea supraxus!
but what you say about people get a little bored, I doubt if this new idea will raise activity as it can only be played once, if you don't pay, a day. :-/

DeletedUser

...I doubt if this new idea will raise activity as it can only be played once, if you don't pay, a day. :-/

So perhaps have the travelling fair come around a little more frequently? ;)

Anyway, the idea was to add a little extra w/o too much coding effort and w/o creating a system where the game owners have to give up too much 'in-game booty'. Something quick and simple to enhance some of the existing gameplay. :)

DeletedUser

I like this idea and I think more players will spend bonds & nuggets if a bit of skill will earn them better rewards.

DeletedUser

You got my vote! I find the way it is now quite boring. Open window, click, click close window. Having to make an effort to get something actually makes it seem more valuable, imo. This would make it seem more like a real fair too.

DeletedUser30224

Poll time?

Not just yet. I'm having trouble understanding the purpose of this. I mean I get the point, the current fair games are dull, but they are meant to be dull. Your proposal removes the chance to win prizes from the rare and very rare category therefore people who fancy a chance at any of those categories will not play the games. If the majority does not play them, all the coding effort would be wasted. I would like to see the proposal reworked a bit more to address this issue.

Creating such games, even a simple "shoot the target" game takes allot of hours to create. The proposal might pass as it is something better that the current system, but judging from the complexity of it and how little it enhances the game, it will not even be considered.

Of course I cannot guarantee that I am correct, but it feels right. I would leave it a bit more to ferment and maybe later, after a few days in any case we will poll it. Sounds good to you?

DeletedUser

Just one quick comment on your last post, regarding wasted coding effort:

I'm saying leave all the games the way they are, with their existing 4 categories of prizes and coding, etc...

Just add a few more where they are 'active' and limit the prize categories to avoid abuse. Or heck, leave 4 categories, but make them more granular jumps in prize value but just not the equivalent of today's yellow category (stays a temptation but not a huge giveaway).