Theft in TW

DeletedUser

Hello everyone,

On the Dutch servers there's that one (or two) player(s) which use the market feature to steal other persons precious expensive items. Players who pay real cash for those items lose those items because of these players.

So, let's have an example. You are doing alot of jobs for months, and you finally can buy a Billys peacemaker (for example). The thief says he wants to trade it for a Wyatt. So you put the item on the market, but he doesn't. And the mods? They say it's legal.. How do you feel? I would feel like quiting the game forever. Several friends of mine were target of those same 1/2 persons.

Why is this even allowed? The world I play is near inactive because of these thiefs. I want to hear your opinions about this.

Greetings,
William

DeletedUser

Hello everyone,

On the Dutch servers there's that one (or two) player(s) which use the market feature to steal other persons precious expensive items. Players who pay real cash for those items lose those items because of these players.
William

They lose items because they are careless. Would you do same in real life? Give something precious to completely unknown person?
Besides, this is known issue since market was introduced. Yes, it sucks, but it is normal part of game.

Fools me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.

DeletedUser22685

I personally believe there should be a rule against scamming if the player can provide enough proof, and I said that when we had a player doing a similar thing on .net last year. I was outvoted, but it's not too big of an issue as there's a simple way to avoid it, and that's not to trade with anyone unless you know you can trust them.

Soon the problem will be solved by a direct item trading system that is currently in development.

DeletedUser

They lose items because they are careless. Would you do same in real life? Give something precious to completely unknown person?
Besides, this is known issue since market was introduced. Yes, it sucks, but it is normal part of game.

Fools me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.

Thosr players build up accounts, and once they are among us they strike. Is it weird to trust persons who are members in your town for like, 2 months?

Really, those 2 are nothing but trouble. They've stolen for millions of items and there's nothing we can do about it.

Some say, don't trust newbies but the newbs are the future right?

DeletedUser19518

Soon the problem will be solved by a direct item trading system that is currently in development.

Interesting development. If its not late, personally, would like to see an Inno trader, being paid by cash, which will guarantee that the trading will be completed successfully.
In simple words, a mobile trader, for example called ViriM :), who both player need to put up what they will trade, confirm to accept items, and finish the trade.
ViriM, will be paid depended on price items, 5% taxes, and trade cant be finish until both players confirm.
Also if player change mind, pay still 5% taxes :)

Inno Win, Players Win!

V
$1
©®™

DeletedUser35533

better trade function is not here. this is why you usually trade with well know alliance members. I lost hernando's sword like this back in the day. put their names out on the server world forum , get them kicked from alliances and have them dueled as much as you can.

DeletedUser36011

Imo, if we were about protecting the player base. Then yes, there should be some protection if there is confirmation on any sort of deal in an instance such as market scamming. Market scamming is subjective to the individual moderator who would be investigating the issue, but this really is no different than situations that already occur. The administrators are making decisions based upon.

'The administrators of the West.net are the final arbiters of any rules dispute. Their interpretation of these rules is final. We reserve the right to exclude anyone from the game. All players have the right to appeal any ban via the Support System.'

If it were simply made a rule, even something about 'spirit' of the game. You would then have covered this to a degree.

Market theft only harms the player base as a whole, because a game like this thrives more on the community aspect of the game, rather than the actual game play of the game itself. If you destroy the community, you destroy the game. It shouldnt really be that hard to enforce either

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

better trade function is not here. this is why you usually trade with well know alliance members. I lost hernando's sword like this back in the day. put their names out on the server world forum , get them kicked from alliances and have them dueled as much as you can.

If they hit big loots, like last week, they quit and restart.. Then the story begins again, and again.

They are hated, but they are smart, smart enough to succeed every freaking time and they've destroyed one of the best NL servers.

DeletedUser

you mean they steal for fun?

Yes they do. They do it to get as much items and to make the world as worse as they can. If you see their event, they have alot of items, all stolen.

There are of course much more of these thiefs, but they are nothing compared to those two. Jordy and Loedje (the guys' names) are like politicans or cops. We allhate them but we know they are well skilled in this.

They do it for fun yes. And it's allowed and it makes the Dutch worlds awful. They are like Robin Hood, except they don't give the items to the poor, they keep them for themselves.

DeletedUser36011

I do actually believe that on some servers, scamming like this is actually prohibited and the staff of the particular server actually do enforce such things. I may be wrong here, but I think I heard something about such instances

DeletedUser

The only way to get those is keeping your eyes open and informing everyone you can find on the chats, fort battles and alliances.

100% of the times those accounts are multis that steal with that one and give the items to there main account. So, if many people is informed that someone stole some item, if they see another "sure friend" with that item out of the box, red flags will show up.
Then it´s with the support. Many have been caught on that, since they show some hard to get items to trade and sell there named items just for 1 or 2 accounts. The support can get them if someone sees one of those very hard to drop weapons on someone else hands.
Since the account sells everything to just 1 or 2 others, a report will catch them and everyone can know who the real robber is. Sometimes it´s even an account that people knows from some years ago... but the guy just moved into a new server and is just collecting things on that one, waiting for a migration to open.