Suggestion - New twist on dueling

DeletedUser

I've always found it slightly odd that someone carrying a sword or an axe could win a duel against someone with a gun.
Why not rethink the dueling, so that every player carries both a melee weapon and a ranged weapon, and the player who challenges another player choose if it will be a duel with guns (ranged) or swords (melee).

DeletedUser34315

You'd have to redo how skills work, imo. A melee build and a range build differ very much in more than just using vigor or shooting.

DeletedUser34315

True; but what i am saying is, have you considered how you would change how skills work?

Deleted User - 1278415

Looks like a total rewrite of the dueling system just to set up something like this. This would fall in the the major overhaul category with little value for a costly rewrite.

Or you would need to have your 2 dueling weapon sets always at the ready. I think it would have worked in the early days prior to having skill stats added to our weapons.

I could see people liking this idea if they get to include/taking benfeit from another skill benefiting weapon. Yea!! I could finally wear my Leprechaun knife with revolver and rifle all at once!!! Ahh I be catchin ya steal me gold.

1Big Chief

It doesn't mean bringing a 'knife to a gunfight' is wrong.. it works fine.. even if logic fails
I quite like splitting heads with my Boone's.. even gunners... especially gunners :D

I reserve further opinion to more details... and game benefits