KO time period icon

DeletedUser20688

Proposal
For ease of reference, I'd like to propose the creation of a notification icon for any 48-hour KO period. Visually it would be very similar to the current fort battle notification icon including a time counter of some sort to give you a quick, direct idea of when your KO time expires.

Current Workaround
At this time to my knowledge there are only two ways to gauge the KO time outside of recording the time yourself: 1. From a tool tip as you rollover any town member's (outside of your own) dueling status via the Saloon town members list. This is ok but it is rather buried and non-intuitive especially for new players. 2. The Sheriff's Office displays your time remaining but instead of listing hours:minutes:seconds, it just displays a basic approximation similar to the UPS trader time limit statement.

Details
This icon would be displayed to the right of the saloon icon and would stack with the fort battle icon as needed. The icon graphically would be very simple (see below) and would only display hours and minutes remaining in the KO time period. Of course this would display for either dueling KOs or work K0s regardless of the source. This counter would have to reset as well for the most current KO effect.

Abuse Prevention
I can see no way this feature would be abused.

Visual Aids
10wmnuh.png

Summary
I think understanding the details of the KO period is very important and I see time after time again new players getting lost in terms of knowing exactly how much longer they have to wait. Of course, a sticky note and a watch can help you get this information but having a simple visual reference like this can be extremely useful. Thanks!

Administration
Does this idea meet the Ideas Guidelines & Criteria? Yes
Does this idea appear on any of the Previously Suggested Ideas List? No

1Big Chief

Nice idea.... better than a few clicks to get to your Sheriff to see
And if you are townless... you can't select any towns sheriff building :(

Gets my vote

DeletedUser36559

Good idea, will save up a bit of time trying to find the last job report where you got KO'ed especially with all the ' a present from a friend' reports in the way.

DeletedUser33353

This proposal will be submitted.

Submitted or voted on?
A nice idea, but I would vote no. To many blinking lights on my small screen as it is.
Also, not that hard of keeping track of when you come off a ko status. It would be helpful for new players......perhaps an option to turn it off? If so, I would be all for it :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser34315

Thank you slygoxx! This is quite handy.
One question- does character.lastDied indicate time of last KO-mode inducing death or just last death in general?

Last edited by a moderator:

Slygoxx

Apparently that also indicates when you were last knocked out by something else. I'll see if I can fix that ;)

EDIT: Fixed.

Last edited:

DeletedUser34315

Duncol found this out when he and i were looking at it:
"there is also a property timeLeft in SheriffWindow objetc, but it is initialized when window open (buy a call at server)

If so, you can get it eg :
console.log(SheriffWindow.timeleft.formatDuration())

So perhaps you can call the server like you're open the Sheriff window and just get the value of the timeleft prop"

That might help you out.

Slygoxx

Yeah, figured that out as well. Fixed the script, it'll only work when you're in a town though, but it's only interesting when you're in a town anyway.
Once you are knocked out, it may take up to 5 minutes for it to show up, but that shouldn't be too much of an issue.

Last edited:

DeletedUser34315

Any idea why when i try to install this, i just get:
Error 503 Service Unavailable

Service Unavailable

Guru Meditation:

XID: 357163518

Varnish cache server

DeletedUser34315

Alright. Thanks for the information, I'll try again tomorrow.

Snr Sarg

Slygoxx, I've installed your script, thank you for the effort, but I've got nothing on my screen with any countdown timer, any clues?

Slygoxx

If there's nothing on your screen, you're probably not under the duel protection at the moment.