Make dueling level decreasable + rework dueling level

DeletedUser35746

Proposal
I've wanted to propose this idea for months but sadly, I've had no time. The main idea is to make dueling level decreasable but it requires to rework whole dueling level. The main reason is when you reskill from a dueling build to for example ffing one, your dueling level stays same. If your dueling level is high, you will become an easy target for high dueling level duelers after your reskill.

Curent Workaround
Nowadays, you have no option how you could lower your dueling level. Only way is to keep your dueling level low by being zero motivation dueler. I assume it's one of the reasons why many duelers have chosen being 0 mot.
I don't know certainly how the dueling level works now. It's influenced somehow by dueling exp gained from duels and by motivation. To implement this idea, it's necessary to rework this system.

Details
I suggest to make dueling level independent from duel exp and mot. When you win a duel against player with the same or higher dueling level, your dueling level raises by 1 level (it doesn't depend whether you are attacker or defender). By this way, the highest level you can get is just one level higher than the level of the player with the second highest level, so there is always enough players to duel. You can duel players with dueling level that equals at least to 0.9 multiple of your dueling level (if you have dueling level 100, you can duel everyone with dueling level at least 0.9*100=90). The default dueling level equals to your character level (that means you can't have lower dueling level than character level).
The main idea is to lower dueling level every day according this formula:
d=c(0.01*(dl-cl))
where
d...decrease of dueling level
c...ceiling function (it assigns the closest higher integer to every decimal number)
dl...dueling level
cl...character level
Example:
Your dueling level is 300 and your character level is 100.
On the first day your dueling level will be decreased by 2 (0.01*(300-100)=2 and ceiling(2)=2).
On the second day your dueling level will by decreased also by 2 (0.01*(298-100)=1.98 and ceiling(1.98)=2).
That means your dueling level decreases at least by 1 level every day until it reaches your character level.
The motivation doesn't influence dueling level anymore. However, it still influences exp and money gained from duels.

Summary
This system allows you to lower your dueling level when you reskill. Furthermore, it's independent from duel mot so there is no reason to be 0 mot. Of course, there is a way how to keep one's dueling level low (when you duel players with lower dueling level). This system benefits those who want to reskil from dueling build with high dueling level as well as 0 mot duelers (they have an option how to keep their dueling level low and they can keep their mot high). Finally, this system doesn't harm anyone, as it's more fair.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser20647

I don't know if this is a good thing or not, but this change does reduce the reward for dueling by a lot. I think you should mention that somewhere.

By this way, the highest level you can get is just one level higher than the level of the player with the second highest level, so there is always enough players to duel. You can duel players with dueling level that equals at least to 0.9 multiple of your dueling level (if you have dueling level 100, you can duel everyone with dueling level at least 0.9*100=90).
This will reduce the difference in levels, so also the experience you gain.

Two more ways the experience is reduced:
- The second suggestion will bring duel range down to 0.9 - 1.1 from the current 0.7 - 1.4
- Average duel level of a world will obviously be lower if it drops every day

DeletedUser

I don't know certainly how the dueling level works now. It's influenced somehow by dueling exp gained from duels and by motivation.

Well, I think it's good to do some search and get to know this basic stuff before you suggest some HUGE change like this :D

I have no problem with basic idea of decreasing dueling level but I should say "NO" to the detail that you mentioned here.

Decreasing 2 or more dueling level each day for people with high dueling level? NO.

Gaining 1 dueling level for each win no matter you be a defender or attacker? NO.

What I might consider is decreasing the dueling level by 1 or 2 each week :D

If you want some info. for how dueling level works send me a pm in game and I will tell you.

DeletedUser35746

to l8dygaga:
-duel range will be 0.9-infinity
-I admit it may reduce differences among players' dueling levels but not necessary (it depends how active the world is) so the exp formula might need to be changed

to DashAkol:
I know that dueling level relates to dueling experience so if you want to lower it somehow, you need to remove this functionality and that means removing whole system so there is no need to know it certainly.
I think my idea is the simplest which we can make up but we can discuss here about the numbers or about the whole idea.
I think my calculation is good. Lets take the example I've used. If your dueling level is 300 and character level is 100, it will last 150 days (5 months) to decrease dueling level to 100.
Secondly, I've suggested raising 1 level both on attack and defence because it's same right now - you get dueling exp regardless you are on attack or defence.
However, as I've said, we can discuss about numbers but 1 or 2 levels per week is too little. When you consider the example I've given it will take 2 or 4 years to decrease the dueling level from 300 to 100.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser30224

Westman Jr., I like your idea. I have certainly not considered every aspect of it and all implications, but first look, I like it.

One thing that I would like to see is people deliberately losing to opponents to raise their duel lvl :p I mean it can be done quite easily I guess. Who would do that...well maybe no-one in a group, but if you find 10-20 workers or high HP players ... if they all lose to one character, his/her duel lvl would skyrocket and they would have peace from that particular player for at least a few days, but I reckon more.
Also if you would want to keep your duel lvl low but be active as dueller, you could not do that, so that's good for me as I like me some nice experience, but others might down-vote this just because it will change their way of playing the game. It would really mean that active duellers can only duel other active duellers...something which is not really everybody's cup of tea.
I like the proposal, but I have a feeling you'll be playing your chances against tough opponents.