Would you like this implemented?

• Yes

Votes: 151 91.5%
  • No

Votes: 14 8.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DeletedUser30224

There will be ONE week period available to vote. (May be extended if needed.)

If the idea wins 80% of the vote, it is sent to the developers who will respond with feedback and the idea will be linked in the ideas passed to developers.
If it loses the vote by not attaining more than 79.99%, it will be moved to the archives. The idea will then be placed on the list of items to not post again.

Original thread can be found <HERE>.

Idea title: Introduce a new questline with the prize: Modified Golden Gun
Details of idea: A new questline from lvl 120 in which, after a certain number of missions and jobs you recieve the Modified Golden Gun (lvl 120) which will be stronger and gives more bonusses than the Golden Gun (lvl 75).
Reasons for submitting: Let the Golden Gun keep an edge over the new guns and item sets with their advantages and bonusses.

DeletedUser25632

Definitely voted yes. GG is one of those epic items, offering a different quest to improve the GG is a great idea and will make it so you technically have to do two hard, time consuming quests to get a improved GG at 120. 1 quest to get the GG, and a 2nd to get the Improved GG which would of course, require you to get the GG in the first place.

Ripwise

Voted yes. Those who talked to me already know i brought this issue up. Named weapon sets (Munny, Natty, JJ) Are all better than Golden set. Arguable? It is, but my opinion is still that named weapons are better. Bring a better/harder quest and i might be using GG again :)

DeletedUser

Please, if you vote no, can you do us the honor of explaining why? Not looking to troll or abuse, just curious about the counter-arguments.

Thanks!

DeletedUser33342

I voted yes ofcourse, and I want to say thanks to the guys that support this idea!

DeletedUser33353

Hells to the yes. A tip of the hat to whomever came up with the idea.

DeletedUser4754

no. absolutely no. i've always hated that golden gun, let it languish where it is.

1.) i paid hard earned rl money to buy the nuggets to get my gun sets, i logged in every 4 hours over christmas to check the sales and skim the market for deals (my partner, bless her, thought i had lost my marbles, which isn't true, but i DO need to figure how to get the bag for them).

2.) the golden quest was the first quest i screwed up on, sided with the sheriff and forever closed that quest to me. i wear the "i'm an idiot who didn't research her questlines first" title to remind myself to think first then quest later. the golden gun quest is a horrible one, there is no going back if you "get it wrong" and NO clues as to which path to take. anybody who just guesses the right path ends up with an out of level awesome piece of kit which works a bonus in everywhere. +2 for every stat, what's not to like?

3.) having showed up for a fort battle on world 2 proudly with my hard earned collectors gun to be told "put ur collectors away use ur gg" was the biggest slap i've had in this game. we could argue all day over which weapon was the "hardest to earn" but it still rankles. being sent to sit in the dunce's corner, just because i made a wrong random choice, hurt and i never did a fort fight on w2 after that (which makes being a soldier class another pretty lame choice of mine).

probably from a purely selfish point of view but then most opinions are. rage at me, i don't care, i think my points are a valid counter argument. i know i'm going to get hate mail over this, but i've been brave enough to say why, rather than just silently downvote, bring it on.

DeletedUser

I don't think there's any arguing about which weapon is the hardest to get. Every fours hours? How does that compare to months of effort to get the GG? Paying nuggets? How does that compare to doing all of the detailed research in advance? I'm sure there will be a new better weapon available at the drive thru soon - few just few nuggets more :D

Ripwise

no. absolutely no. i've always hated that golden gun, let it languish where it is.

1.) i paid hard earned rl money to buy the nuggets to get my gun sets, i logged in every 4 hours over christmas to check the sales and skim the market for deals (my partner, bless her, thought i had lost my marbles, which isn't true, but i DO need to figure how to get the bag for them).

2.) the golden quest was the first quest i screwed up on, sided with the sheriff and forever closed that quest to me. i wear the "i'm an idiot who didn't research her questlines first" title to remind myself to think first then quest later. the golden gun quest is a horrible one, there is no going back if you "get it wrong" and NO clues as to which path to take. anybody who just guesses the right path ends up with an out of level awesome piece of kit which works a bonus in everywhere. +2 for every stat, what's not to like?

3.) having showed up for a fort battle on world 2 proudly with my hard earned collectors gun to be told "put ur collectors away use ur gg" was the biggest slap i've had in this game. we could argue all day over which weapon was the "hardest to earn" but it still rankles. being sent to sit in the dunce's corner, just because i made a wrong random choice, hurt and i never did a fort fight on w2 after that (which makes being a soldier class another pretty lame choice of mine).

probably from a purely selfish point of view but then most opinions are. rage at me, i don't care, i think my points are a valid counter argument. i know i'm going to get hate mail over this, but i've been brave enough to say why, rather than just silently downvote, bring it on.

Reading what you wrote i will tell you just one thing, you have no idea what you are talking about. Elmyr wrote guide to the raid in 2009 so there is no absolute excuse for taking a wrong choice.

It took me 6 months to find GG on w11 and i dont use it now because better guns came out later, named guns to be exact.

Another thing is, i wouldnt rank anyone except pure hp advent wearing a collectors gun, period!

DeletedUser4754

Elmyr wrote guide to the raid in 2009 so there is no absolute excuse for taking a wrong choice.

except that by december 2009, i'm fairly sure i'd already made the wrong choice. 4 years ago i was still rushing into new content whenever it came out, nowadays i wait and let everybody else make the mistakes before i do.

Another thing is, i wouldnt rank anyone except pure hp advent wearing a collectors gun, period!

which was the attitude which kept me out of trying fort fighting since, until i migged to world 1, and found lots of DOGS who are far more tolerant of players, accommodate newbies even in small forts and are a nice bunch around.

i'm just defending myself here - but i'm adding that remembering to set my alarm over christmas and get my ass out of bed at 5 in the morning, to log in to find just another frickin' necktie just gone up was a trial of hell... :rolleyes:

DeletedUser33342

Dear Traceyfields

I think it's the point of that quest to make you think what you want to achieve, also with other quests (think of the travelling circus)
Reading your arguments of voting no i could only conclude that you don't want people to get the Golden Gun, improved Golden Gun or complete any other secret path-quests because you didn't get them.

Best regards

DeletedUser

I don't use the GG cept for speed travel. Voted yes juss to see what a new one could do.

DeletedUser

I voted yes as I think with the new level cap, it has to develop, but I do not think it should be better than the current named weapons as that would be a slap in the face to all the people who spent a lot of money getting those new named weapons.

DeletedUser

Heh, what about a simple addition to the idea. Why don't we allow the quest for the GG 'upgrade' to include an option to 'get it in case you screwed up the first time'?

Seriously, Tracey was here back in '08, and it was easy to screw up the quest back then. Dangerously easy at a time when the best you might hope for was a ?. And it's not like getting note 3 was that easy back then either.

So why the heck not allow players who are still around another chance?

Let's face it, the 2012 Tombola was supposed to be the only time you'd ever lay your hands on things like Chingachkook's Rifle. But a year later Inno made it possible to get it again with the 2013 Bags. So why can't we allow the old players another chance at the GG?

Anyway, to restate it simply, would anyone be up for the idea of allowing the quest to improve the GG to also include a 2nd chance option for everyone else?

DeletedUser

Heh, what about a simple addition to the idea. Why don't we allow the quest for the GG 'upgrade' to include an option to 'get it in case you screwed up the first time'?

Seriously, Tracey was here back in '08, and it was easy to screw up the quest back then. Dangerously easy at a time when the best you might hope for was a ?. And it's not like getting note 3 was that easy back then either.

So why the heck not allow players who are still around another chance?

Let's face it, the 2012 Tombola was supposed to be the only time you'd ever lay your hands on things like Chingachkook's Rifle. But a year later Inno made it possible to get it again with the 2013 Bags. So why can't we allow the old players another chance at the GG?

Anyway, to restate it simply, would anyone be up for the idea of allowing the quest to improve the GG to also include a 2nd chance option for everyone else?

They do have an option. They can buy a key from the market. For example, I have a spare key 2 on Arizona.

DeletedUser

Nonetheless, having the option for a second chance realistically hurts no one and doesn't unbalance gameplay, imho.

What are we talking about, maybe a few hundred players maximum? Hardly enough to unbalance a world nowadays, but certainly enough to rekindle interest in fort-fighting.