Bonds/Nuggets Mobile Trader!

DeletedUser19518

Proposal
All we know that there are some items that can be found only in premiums chest, or Steel boxes etc. Give the option to mates who get 2-3 same stuffs by this chests to get their half nuggets/bonds as mobile trader work right now when you buy something from town market.

Current Workaround
There is no Trader in servers right now. You cant sell your Howdah to Mobile trade for 750 bonds or nuggets. Or DoI or BBQ or Inno

Details
It works simply. When someone got an item from Premiums chest to be able to get his half bonds/nuggets back.
Some alternative ideas.

The only way I can think that this idea might fly would be to have a secondary option when opening the chest. You open the chest and see the item you are to receive. At that point you have two buttons, a keep button ( where you accept the item and it goes into your inventory ) and a refund button ( where the item does not go into your inventory and you get your 1/2 bond / nuggets back ). They would still have to tag the chest with how you purchased it.

If the item is auctioned, it loses the ability to be refunded.

Abuse Prevention
None from what i know.

Visual Aids
I don't have the necessary skills to do visual aids. But it could looks cooler and younger than old mobile trader. Maybe a woman. :)

Summary
It just strikes me as a simple, and relatively easy to implement idea to get some bonds/nuggets back if we dont like what we get from chests.

I am sure there are lots more advantage and disadvantages to the proposal, so I invite constructive criticism and refining of the idea. Cheers

Administration
Does this idea meet the Ideas Guidelines & Criteria? Yes, I think so
Does this idea appear on any of the Previously Suggested Ideas List? No, not that I am aware of

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser30224

I like this. It is a real pain that premium boxes can give you bad and "worthless" items, I do not see why this couldn't be implemented. You'd loose half of your nuggets, but that's way better than no refund.

DeletedUser34315

I like this idea!
Also, it will make the items more rare, which will influence markets interestingly.

DeletedUser31532

How do I sell stuff to mobile trader under new format??

There's a "Sell" button at the bottom, right of the trader window.

I like this idea sure. Who wouldn't? But while INNO could really use some sort of change to the current chest system, I highly doubt giving back half of the nuggets used is going to be that change. (Bonds maybe though)

DeletedUser19518

This is a win-win idea so dont see the reason why Inno to denied this. I was thinking that Inno will gain 750 bonds/nuggets and the player wont keep the item.

DeletedUser30224

This is a win-win idea so dont see the reason why Inno to denied this. I was thinking that Inno will gain 750 bonds/nuggets and the player wont keep the item.

Inno could gain 1500 nuggets while the player gets some crappy item and tries again and again :) I don't know if there is anyone including Inno that can answer if their nugget sales would increase, decrease or stay the same. One thing is for sure, we would definitely see more people with howdah's and golden tomahawks with this option I guess. Or maybe just the heavy spenders who already have them anyhow? Like I said, we can speculate to no end.

DeletedUser34767

A lot would depend on how Inno's back end handles chests. If I had to guess, when you purchase a premium chest you receive a premium chest for which no one, including Inno knows what is in the chest. At the time you open the chest the program picks a randomized item from the items available for that type of chest and that is what you get. I can't imagine they have a different premium chest item for each possible outcome.

So we are going to ask Inno to.

1) Keep track of how each chest is purchased ( bonds / nuggets ). People may not open them right away. They can be auctioned so the person who opens them may not be the original purchaser.
2) When they are opened tag the item as having come from that specific chest.
3) Modify the wandering trader to accept that item for sell back, know that it came from a chest, and how the chest was paid for, to give back half the bonds/nuggets.

Also, the original post mentions steel as well as premium chests. That sounds like a lot of chests if you include steels. Also, these chest are auctionable, and steels are auctioned quite often. How will they handle a chest that was auctioned for in-game cash. If the buyer does not like what he gets when he opens it, can he now get refunded in nuggets ( half the cost ) if the original buyer purchased it that way.

The other question in this system would be how long would you have to return the item. It is not really defined in the idea.

Not trying to throw a wet blanket on the idea as a whole, but might want to think some more on this.

Some alternative ideas.

The only way I can think that this idea might fly would be to have a secondary option when opening the chest. You open the chest and see the item you are to receive. At that point you have two buttons, a keep button ( where you accept the item and it goes into your inventory ) and a refund button ( where the item does not go into your inventory and you get your 1/2 bond / nuggets back ). They would still have to tag the chest with how you purchased it.

DeletedUser

So I can just buy cool stuff from other players and then cash that cool stuff in for bonds/nuggets?
I think that's a bad loophole for the game. I don't think we want to trace every rare item in the game for the life of the item or the life of the game. That's precisely what will have to happen - that and a bit more to prevent abuse. Given that we can't even complete a quest while sleeping in a fort or have accurate prices listed for the mobile trader, this hurdle is impossibly high/unachievable.
There are definitely better areas to invest the game's programming energy. I vote no.

DeletedUser19518

First of all thanks for feedback.
All what we are trying to do here is that the evolution of some great ideas so as to best solution for the game.
Explain again.. the main point is in case that someone dont need Golden Buffalo from premium chest to be able to return it and gain 750 nuggets back. We have a player that lost 750 nuggets not 1500 and in other hand Inno gain 750 nuggets and didnt give away any stuff.

I totally agree with Caleb.
Some alternative ideas.

If its necessary i could add this to my Proposal. So this answer to Parafrog's text that they who dont buy directly chests cant sell back stuffs to Inno so as to gain nuggets/bonds.

In every different corner we see this idea, it can works both for Inno and players.

Appreciate your Feedback,
V
$1

DeletedUser

I would vote 'yes' for this proposal and push others to vote 'yes' as well. This is a simple, eloquent addition to this game that is elegant and basic at the same time. Kudos to ViriM for the original idea and to Caleb N Marken for a well thought out, well described mod to the original idea.

DeletedUser19518

Already edit first post and add Caleb thoughts. Every teamwork has good result and we know that.
Even i think that there isnt something else we should add to this idea, am waiting for more negative or positive criticism to original idea.
Thanks in advance,
V
$1

DeletedUser35737

I Really dont like this idea because for example i spend 175 bonds/nuggets in steel chest
and i got a precise weapon i will not stay with because 7k or 60 bonds/nugetts i prefer this last but the premium itens are just lucky

What this will do?
1 simple example, you have 2 players 1 that have 150 b/n and other that have 1000

the first player buy one steel chest and get one bad item so he want 60 b/n back
the second player will buy a 200 b/n chestbecause he have b/n each 2 times he play he will have a free "gift" because he will win 100 from first time and 100 from other

what i mean is this will be even worst becase players with lot of b/n have 2 options or he will get a good item or will have free premium chest

will be better to drop price from chest 1.5k nuggets for example is too much if that values drop about 30/40 per cent will be much better in my opinion

DeletedUser30224

This benefits Inno most though. If you are set in your ways to get a howdah pistol, you can buy and exchange nuggets all day until you get it, but while you will have practically (2*N-tries)-1 for your nuggets instead of N-tries, but you will have no items at all while you spent all those nuggets. I do not see any abuse here.

DeletedUser34315

This benefits Inno most though. If you are set in your ways to get a howdah pistol, you can buy and exchange nuggets all day until you get it, but while you will have practically (2*N-tries)-1 for your nuggets instead of N-tries, but you will have no items at all while you spent all those nuggets. I do not see any abuse here.

Exactly!

DeletedUser

There was a easier option to be introduced.
When you buy the chest, it will not go to your inventory. You would get a screen explaining that you could open the chest imediatly and could get half the nuggets/upbs you payed or the prize or you could send it to your inventory for later opening without that possibility.
If you selected the option to get it to your inventory, the possibility of trading it for half the payment would not be usable.

That way the chest could not change hands and the value would always be registered.

DeletedUser19518

I think you should say: Please vote Yes to this idea "laughs". Good luck to this idea.