Real Time Avatars

DeletedUser

Idea title: Real Time Avatars
Details of idea:This is about having avatar of your character in your inventory, so when you put different clothing items on your avatar will change to what clothes you are wearing. Also the portrait in top left corner will change the items and the avatar you see on map will change the items also.
Visual Aid:
attachment.php

Reasons for submitting:I would like to see this idea implemented because it will be very nice to see your avatar wearing different items you won in tombola, fair, found, or bought. I believe it will show people that inno is improving the game in things we can see everyday.

I hope i followed all the guidelines that are set for minor idea. If not please contact me so i can edit and get to to follow the guidelines.

Thank you. :D

Attachments

• aaa.png
    aaa.png
    31.2 KB · Views: 38
Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser30224

Even though it takes an incredible amount of time, I think it will not hurt.

DeletedUser35533

no.
for some jobs I have to put on the most ridiculous outfits.
it sounds fun but in the long run it will be annoying and too much work.

DeletedUser

What do you mean by it will be annoying and too much work?

DeletedUser35533

What do you mean by it will be annoying and too much work?
exactly as it sounds.
there are 200-300 + items in the game for every item devs would have to make an avatar equivalent that sits right on the model and does not bit into other item representations , they would have to do it for all items that are and will be (dont get me started on the portrait or the avatar on the map). seeing stats would be harder on neck bands and small items .
how do riding animals factor in ? christmas sled would need a sitting version and I dont know what you would do with the fish or turtle. you only have 2 hands where would the product go ?

it maybe fun to see your avatar in a bunny outfit or as a wooden wizard but it will get old fast .

its a cosmetic change that takes a lot of effort and ultimately adds nothing ,cosmetic changes usually get the most hate from old players who point out tons of practical improvements have yet to be done .

DeletedUser

Yes it will be hard for developers to implement these change. To solve the issue having hard to see or not being able to see the small items, all the gear will still be show.

Example :Fullscreen capture 1232013 91241 PM.bmp.jpg
You will have them to the right and left of your character, the middle section will be used for the avatar.

As for a Christmas sled, you can have a standing version of it, if you cant wear a product it can be show on the ground next to you, if you can wear it like a medal of honor or badge it can be shown on your coat, or the products wont be shown at all, since their are to many of them. Also it will be fun to see your character riding elephant, ostrich, or a camel, but it will be even more fun to see your character riding a fish. As for about cosmetic improvements, yes some don't add anything to the game, but this will change seeing the same old boring character riding same boring horse or slowly walking across the map, to a little more fun because you will be able to ride fish ostrich or other nice "animals" other than same boring horse. Also a lot of old players will generally hate new idea's because they liked how it was done before and don't want it to change.

DeletedUser35533

the example confuses me , was the visual aid only for the map avatar ?
product just being on the ground next to you would look very awkward ,medals,DOI and other product getting individual consideration is unlikely given that fair bowtie is still called fair bandana.
why show a fort gun,neck bands and not the product if you are cutting things out in the name of efficacy ,at this point there are even more neck bands than product .
standing upright in the sled would look awkward,character would have to adjust to the size of animals. how do you ride a fish ? I think players would rather be able to craft in bulk.

DeletedUser

First visual aid is for both inventory and map avatars. Sorry my fault with the fish, you confused me with it when you went from sled to fish and turtle. Yea the product's being on a ground will look very awkward, there are way more product then bandana's, because smuggled goods, peace flour, and other job product, because we have to many job product i don't think we should be able to see the product because it can be very small to a very big item. When you see your avatar on a map he rides the horse so the only adjustment to size will be for sled, camel,elephant, and ostrich. Yes riding upright on a sled will look awkward, when we see out avatar ride in a horse he is on top of the horse, so the developers will need to switch the horse to sled.

DeletedUser30224

I don't really need to see my character on the map wearing actual items, the nicer thing would be for other people to see you dressed up like a dandy fella when they check your profile. And of course when you equip items in the inventory, you can have a representation of how you look. Dante is right, it will take allot of time and effort to make it happen, but as an idea is valid.

I don't need to see product or animal either. Fully dressed avatar is just a representation of yourself, not interactive in any way. You would still have the same layout to equip items.

DeletedUser35533

so whats the second aid for ? is it either/or situation or will I have to go to my portrait avatar to see the stats for items ?

DeletedUser

The second aid is for what i believe the left side of inventory page should look like, so you can see the items you wearing and their bonus, and be able to see your avatar in full gear.

DeletedUser35533

I think a cooler thing would be to have another portrait, a bigger one that other players can see . you can pose in it ,have a fireplace and many backgrounds.owning items will unlock them as clothes you can put on your portrait(the same why you put stuff now but you can only put stuff you own ) and achievement can have a bigger visual representation than 1 of 4 icons but I would not vote for it right now