Church of the Brown Tie

DeletedUser

One Tie to rule them all
One Tie to find them
One Tie to bring them all
And in the darkness bind them

cravat_brown.png

"... Then the Brown Tie said 'Let there be Ties to rule over The West. They will be like Me and look like Me and have power over all other items and players', and so the other Ties were created. The Brown Tie blessed the Ties and looked over all that It had made. The Brown Tie was pleased, and evening passed and morning came, and so ended the Sixth Day ..."

O forumgoers - players, moderators and developers alike - look to the General Store and repent! Repent, for the Day of Reckoning has come and the Brown Tie has returned to Its true and terrible form to walk amongst men once more.

For years the Brown Tie has served the people of The West silently but devoutly. Unrecognised and ignored It bestowed Its many gifts upon the people, njubs and veterans alike, asking no praise or acknowledgement, for these are the values that the Brown Tie embodies - generosity, kindness, love and humility.

At only level one, new players were able to wield the power of the Brown Tie, bearing grace Itself around their necks. The Brown Tie often came to Its followers in dreams or as event prizes, but this was taken for granted and recognised by naught but a few dedicated servants.

But alas! The day has come where the Brown Tie has gained the reputation It deserves! As It reveals Its true level requirement of 70, all must now bow down to the supreme rule of the Almighty Brown Tie.

The Brown Tie rewards Its apostles beyond their wildest dreams. Come forth now and declare your love of the Brown Tie, creator, ruler and supreme being of The West!

DeletedUser

guess its an aussie thing, i'll stick to maya's scarf! unless the brown tie can produce paint artwork!

DeletedUser

guess its an aussie thing, i'll stick to maya's scarf! unless the brown tie can produce paint artwork!

The Brown Tie produces paint artworks the like of which have never been seen on this Earth. The entire West interface was designed by the Brown Tie using Paint, a masterpiece that has been challenged by only one other in living memory.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser34781

haha i love it! i think i will delete all brown ties from all my inventories to see if i go to hell!!

DeletedUser

The Brown Tie produces paint artworks the like of which have never been seen on this Earth. The entire West interface was designed by the Brown Tie using Paint, a masterpiece that has been challenged by only one other in living memory.

i converted to the church of the brown tie!

all hail the brown tie! its one dodgy church though(+17 wth!)

DeletedUser

The Almighty Brown Tie forgives the infidels, for they know not of what they speak. But alas! The Brown Tie created the game, the forum and everything in it, It is well within Its right to create a Church that is not as new as you may think. It will take more than two njubs to oppose the might of the Brown Tie!

DeletedUser

"I have nothing to say of my working life, only that a tie is a noose, and inverted though it is, it will hang a man nonetheless if he's not careful."

~Yann Martel, Life of Pi

nashy19

Nashy (as himself)
As time goes on churches will add new layers. Those who really seek the truth look will deep.
It's rumoured there is a secret society, a small elite group who know the origin of everything.

Last edited:

DeletedUser16008

The Church of the Brown Tie is a blasphemy to the pureness yet humbleness of its one true, and original form. A Usurper no less.

No longer may the lower classes worship on the alter of the brown tie for it has now been stolen away from those poor souls.

The Order of the Brown Tie has existed in the shadows and been protected by the chosen few for many years, an object to be wondered at by its lowly but ardent followers. A beacon for them, available to every household high or low, esoteric was this knowledge, coveted was entrance to this order yet many were its laymen, ignorant of its true nature and powers but understanding of its worth and grace.

OBT has long hidden secret this knowledge and realised it would be elevated yes but at what cost to the multiverse ? Indeed reserved now to for the highest levels and kept from the common and lower classes, alas after many years finally on the most blackest of nights the unthinkable has happened. Nay I say these powers are steeped in the forces of darkness not pure and clean, where is the humility ? where is the humbleness now ? replaced by gourdy trinkets and promises of power and riches but elevated away from appreciating hands and hard working people.

Lament ye lowly players the loss of our humble Brown Tie whos powers still great but subtle and light guided us in the darkness, now redressed and adorned with glitter and dressed up like a cheap hussy to appeal to all, no longer shall it be seen in the houses of the lowly. Whoa ye and beware of false prophets for the temptation will be great but the sustenance for your souls empty and without fulfilment.

This was a day that will be remembered in infamy and a loss to the commoner.

I say upto you now oh reapers and destroyers of the true but clean faith you have desecrated the Tie and the wonder of its humble but true nature, return this Tie to the commoner, let him once again pray upon the alter cheap and unadorned though it may have been, he the commoner but poor and low held this Tie in the highest regard and belongs where it had its true calling, with the masses.

Oh and nerf the blasted thing somewhat before you do it. ;)

Vic

OBT

Grandmaster 33trd level

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Ah, but the Brown Tie did not rise of Its own accord. It was accidentally awakened from Its slumber by Its very first creation - the Developers. The Order of the Brown Tie and Church of the Brown Tie are not separate entities to rival one another; they are one and the same. Indeed, little though you may know it, the Church's most devout members are those who have long since worshipped the Brown Tie in seclusion, not hidden but perhaps not visible to the ignorant; holy monks of the Brown Tie who have been enlightened in Its ways and will be made Acolytes of the Brown Tie in Its second coming.

Do not forsake your belief in the grace of the Brown Tie. For the Bown Tie most enjoyed being a beacon of hope for the low level players. But the deed has been done, and who now will turn to the path of darkness when the Brown Tie is more powerful than ever? Do not despair. Only by continued faith can the original apostles of the Brown Tie remain unified.

DeletedUser16008

I shall contemplate on your words and seek solace and guidance in the brown ties long standing yet little noted companion, the Great Quarter Horse long may he continue to carry its lowly followers in speed and grace across the lands.