Improvements to duelling

DeletedUser

Proposal
To improve the current duelling system

Details
Firstly you base who players can duel on actual level not duelling level, you can keep duelling levels but this would now show who you can duel, just how well you have done duelling.
The first postive effect of this is the duelling rankings would mean something, which i don't believe they do now.
For example, players who currently duel 0 mot, might want to be high in the rankings because they no longer have the fear of having a high duelling level and not having many players to duel.
Another point to add here, is that with duelling levels, some players get to a stage when their duelling level becomes to high and because of lack of targets, they either quit or turn to fort fights, I'm sure inno have lost some players becasue of this exact reason.

In a recent post about duelling changes inno mentioned about resetting motivation each day. This can only be to deter 0 mot duellers. But Inno should understand that they have encouraged 0 mot duellers (maybe not on purpose) by basing who someone can duel on duelling levels and people running out of players to duel the higher level they get.
A dueller wants to duel, plain and simple as that, so why would they put themselves in a position of having few targets?

After getting away with duelling levels (as the basis of who you can duel) you then have a overall ranking table and a monthly ranking table. Each month the people who are highest ranked in the monthly tables get bonds. Top 5 get 250 bonds, ranked 5-20 get 200 bonds, 20-50 get 100 bonds and 50-100 get 50 bonds.
That seems reasonable to me since a fort figter can earn more bonds than that in a week.
The monthly rankings are reset every month. However please note the overall rankings are not reset.
You base the monthly ranking tables on duelling xp you get from duels. The xp you get in a duel depends on the rank of the player you duel in the overall tables.
You could also get medals at the end of each month if you are top ranked, again to encourage people to not always hit easy targets.

Summary
The duelling system needs a boost, i believe this idea does that. I'm sure many duellers would like the idea of monthly rankings with bonds rewarded. The overall duelling rankings would also mean something if you based duels on actual level and not duelling level. This might also encourage some players that only duel weak players to climb the duelling ranks and earn some bonds.
I understand that some current 0 MOT duellers are going to be against this idea. But it does seem that changes are coming in terms of gettig rid of 0 mot duelling (Inno have said so), so you have a choice to either try and have some imput into how to get a better gaming experince or just let inno get on with it and have no say at all.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I actually wouldn't have a problem with this at this point. I've always argued that DL should be kept to penalize those people who let it get out of control, but zero motivation dueling is so common now that DL serves no [real] purpose.

What I really think should be done, either part of your idea or as a separate suggestion, is to have some kind of different reward system for duelers who duel other duelers. They would have to have dueling stats that indicate a history as a dueler, but recent duels that show they are an active dueler, unlike all those high DL former duelers who are now fort fighters. I'm not talking about any penalties for dueling non-duelers, just rewards, like possibly within your new ranking and awards system, for dueling duelers.

DeletedUser

I really like the idea of rewarding top duelers and especially making a separated ranking for dueling other top duelers - something like a Street reputation. From there the idea can snowball and make some sleeves such as Openings for Mafia story / Real bounty hunters / Regular outlaws and so on. This idea has a future and i like it! Thumbs up for Ducky!
About those DLs ... it`s another stuff in the game that has to go in the past. Game has to evolve,don`t leave it that way :):):)

P.S To INNO: Fire some developers :D and hire some dudes from that forums already.Their ideas outclass those superficial quest makers you have in your team! :D:D:D

Regards Two Bars of Mars

DeletedUser34315

I like this idea a lot. Having a larger supply of targets would keep players far more interested in dueling. I'd say that in addition to this, the DL and dueling experience system be kept, but it wouldn't limit who you can duel any more, just experience gained.

DeletedUser30224

What I really think should be done, either part of your idea or as a separate suggestion, is to have some kind of different reward system for duelers who duel other duelers. They would have to have dueling stats that indicate a history as a dueler, but recent duels that show they are an active dueler, unlike all those high DL former duelers who are now fort fighters.

Imagine this: After each consecutive win, your "rank" will raise and others can reset it by defeating you. If you defeat a player with a positive rank, then you get some sort of reward (bonds most probably), but if you duel a player with neutral rank, you get nothing special.

Just a draft so far: Any player that has 2 consecutive wins will give away 1 bond to a dueler that defeats him/her. 3 wins 2 bonds ...and so on to a max of eeeh say 10 bonds.

I am for this idea though.

DeletedUser

I really like this idea, and to be honest its much better than anything inno came up with.

DeletedUser16628

You may be on to something here.Better than the system currently being used for sure.A combo of a few ideas in place here would help bring the game back to it's former glory only better.Keep the convo going.

DeletedUser23437

I like this idea, the removal of the dueling lvl would be great, elimintating the need to keep 0 mot.
I also like the idea of a monthly competition, I could see it based on a point system maybe.
pts for winning a duel against - 10pt for dueler, 7pts for soldier, 4pts for adventurer, 1pt for worker.
pts for a kill - +50pts
these could be adjusted, but it would encourage fighting duelers and avoiding those lowly workers that most avoid anyway

Apelatia

Love this idea! It would definitely bring a much needed change to the dueling system. Good work Duck!

DeletedUser20054

About time someone came up with a good idea about duelling...way to go Duck. Let's hope this idea will be forwarded to the developers...

+1 from Musa

DeletedUser34781

yeah i like the idea also. The mini idea to add a reputation coming from your last 5 duels lets say where you have only dueled similar duelers as yourself, like added under your wanted status would allow other to see you duel real duelers.. if you dont you get another name etc

DeletedUser30224

I have a concern though. If you make a monthly ranking system, then surely most of the top winners will be premium players who can afford to nugget their way to shorten distance buy energy and hp buffs. I know you can do that with bonds, but let's be honest with ourselves.

I know it's an impossibility to make an even plain field for all players, but why would we limit the reward system only to a handful per month? I mean each player should be rewarded with some bonds as they climb the ladder. I've mentioned on the first page possible rewards for the individual wins, I'd like to add to that bond rewards for milestones.

Example: After 10 wins you receive 5 bonds. After 25 wins you receive 15 bonds. After 50 wins > 25 bonds. After 100 wins > 50 bonds and so on. It is an even plain field, you can't say that 0 mots will be advantaged here ... there will not be such concept since you can duel anyone you please if it's in your level range.

Another example involves duel experience: After 10,000 exp gained you receive 2 bonds. After 25,000 exp you get 5 bonds and so on.

Another example can involve Damage Dealt or even Opponents Knocked Out.

Needless to say, each month your count will be reset to 0 so that you can go through it all over and maybe you'll even with the grand monthly prize that is in the initial post.

How 'bout it?

DeletedUser

I have a concern though. If you make a monthly ranking system, then surely most of the top winners will be premium players who can afford to nugget their way to shorten distance buy energy and hp buffs. I know you can do that with bonds, but let's be honest with ourselves.

I know it's an impossibility to make an even plain field for all players, but why would we limit the reward system only to a handful per month? I mean each player should be rewarded with some bonds as they climb the ladder. I've mentioned on the first page possible rewards for the individual wins, I'd like to add to that bond rewards for milestones.

Example: After 10 wins you receive 5 bonds. After 25 wins you receive 15 bonds. After 50 wins > 25 bonds. After 100 wins > 50 bonds and so on. It is an even plain field, you can't say that 0 mots will be advantaged here ... there will not be such concept since you can duel anyone you please if it's in your level range.

Another example involves duel experience: After 10,000 exp gained you receive 2 bonds. After 25,000 exp you get 5 bonds and so on.

Another example can involve Damage Dealt or even Opponents Knocked Out.

Needless to say, each month your count will be reset to 0 so that you can go through it all over and maybe you'll even with the grand monthly prize that is in the initial post.

How 'bout it?

you miss the point
Anyone and i mean absolutely anyone can win 20 duels in a day if they want to. But it doesnt mean nothing. Duelling other people that duel to rise in the rankings does mean something though.
It gives the rankings meaning which they dont have now. (if you take away duelling levels as well)
All your doing my encouraging duels for wins and damage and ko's is encouraging easy duelling, and theres enough people that only duel easy targets now.