Restrict Blackboard Joining

DeletedUser34315

Proposal
Have a list, much like the block list in telegrams, of players who cannot join your town through black board.

Current Workaround
Don't advertise your town on blackboard.

Details
In the blackboard menu, there would be a button "Blocked Players" that would lead to an editable list of players who cannot use blackboard to join the town.

Abuse Prevention
Not really abusable.

Visual Aids
http://prntscr.com/1ssjpo

Summary
Currently, any town trying to keep undesirables out cannot use blackboard, or known spies will join the town. This list would allow players to use blackboard much more safely.

Administration
Does this idea meet the Ideas Guidelines & Criteria? Yes/No
Does this idea appear on any of the Previously Suggested Ideas List? Yes/No

DeletedUser

Yes from me, that seemed like a problem to me as well, and with this idea it would sort the problem. Yes again :).

DeletedUser

Yes from me as well. I think that a simple idea with clear arguments like this should be submitted directly, without the need of a vote.

Ripwise

If you dont want them to join just dont send them invite. Idk why this could be a problem!

DeletedUser

If you dont want them to join just dont send them invite. Idk why this could be a problem!

Blackboard problem mate, anyone can join a town once that town is advertised on the blackboard.

DeletedUser30224

If you boot the player time and time again, would he/she not get the message? I don't mind but it seems unnecessary to me but I do not know your circumstance. I guess you could not put your town on the list is one of the resolves available.

delldell56

problem with this, zd, is that a lot of founders have been pinning their towns for one of those new quests or trying to simply advertise their towns and get new members, unaware of the downsides of this feature. they already did it, don't know how to unpin their towns, and some players just like to sabotage other players (not that they don't get the message). not sure how it works with the booting of unwanted new townies that come with the pin invite, but so far all i've heard of this feature is a lot of screaming because it's been a pain in their rears.

DeletedUser34315

If you boot the player time and time again, would he/she not get the message? I don't mind but it seems unnecessary to me but I do not know your circumstance. I guess you could not put your town on the list is one of the resolves available.

Ever heard of the hamstar, derek1982, the real jack, dark terror, tom paris, and - merill -? World one has a massive amount of trolls/spies- and if they get into your town, then they will sign into battles, so you can't kick them.

As to no using blackboard, that is certainly an option. That's the route we're taking now- it's just seems logical to add this feature so that blackboard is useful for all players.

DeletedUser30224

Like I said Gandalf, I don't know your situation, but that's a good enough reason you just pointed out.

DeletedUser

There's another downside of advertising. - bypassing item purchase prices. Some players tend to join a town for a brief moment, only to grab their desired item because of the shop discounts they get. This is abusable as hell, as you don't need to send the request personally.

DeletedUser

There's another downside of advertising. - bypassing item purchase prices. Some players tend to join a town for a brief moment, only to grab their desired item because of the shop discounts they get. This is abusable as hell, as you don't need to send the request personally.

I wouldn''t really call it abusable, because there's no real reason for the 4x out of town price any more. The point of that was to avoid everyone having the same gear, but that failed miserably from the beginning and there are a couple ways to get what you want at much lower prices now. Using the blackboard to shop beats having to go to the trouble of getting a shopping invite as people always did before the market and inventory trader or having someone post what you need on the market. As far as those shopping fees go, money is too easy to come by now for that to really be an issue.

DeletedUser35533

yes ,some of the concerns stated here were foremost in my mind when the blackboard showed up.
why not forgo the unpleasantries?
towns need new people and manually seeking them out is not optimal .

DeletedUser30224

towns need new people and manually seeking them out is not optimal .

Neither is sticking your town to the board and let any player join you. If you want a town of pure strangers that never open a chat, you should be able to live with players you do not want.

The only positive and clear cut argument is when a player wants to join your town to have access to your alliance and wreak havoc. You cannot boot him/her if they are signed in a battle. But even then the solution so so clear to me ... don't put your town on the blackboard.

DeletedUser30224

Gandalf, let me know if you want to poll this. I think we had enough discussions and most of us either agree or are indifferent.

DeletedUser

a big YES here too. My town would like to recruit and the blackboard seems a useful way to do it, but atm there's no way we'd risk it.

DeletedUser

I wouldn''t really call it abusable, because there's no real reason for the 4x out of town price any more. The point of that was to avoid everyone having the same gear, but that failed miserably from the beginning and there are a couple ways to get what you want at much lower prices now. Using the blackboard to shop beats having to go to the trouble of getting a shopping invite as people always did before the market and inventory trader or having someone post what you need on the market. As far as those shopping fees go, money is too easy to come by now for that to really be an issue.

Yeah, I admit, "abusable" is a bit too strong word. But it is still an exploit or I feel like it is because I've been doing that since the addition of town adversiting. 4x price discount of course ain't that much if you can make at least $10000 daily, but it can be greatly advantageous to particularly lower leveled players with a handful of dollars at their disposal.