Headshots in Fort Fights

DeletedUser12734

Proposal:
Headshots in fort battles. Kills at once!
Reward for every headshot: 3 UPB

Current Workaround:
I guess there is none!

Details:
Chance to headshot = 0.25% * (Player level/150) ±0.1% (random luck)

Abuse prevention:
I don't know how this can be abused, but with the new proposed formula no one will ever have more than 0.35% chance to hit the head. I think this means 3.5 successful headshots in every 1000 attempts (less than 2 headshot in 500 rounds of battle!!); and that's if player is level 150 and random luck always comes the best! I guess there might no more than 1 or 2 headshots (or even 0) in every 100 participants in battle.
Those who say this is not a good idea for blockers or tanks, just think about the probability. It's quite rare. And also don't forget that both sides have almost equal chances. I don't think this will add any more inequality to either attacking or defending side.

Visual Aids:
none

Summary:
It's simple and very easy to implement. Will add extra fun and excitement to fort battles. Really will be exciting. Imagine yourself landing a headshot after firing your gun around 500 times :D

Administration
Does this idea meet the Ideas Guidelines & Criteria?
Does this idea appear on any of the Previously Suggested Ideas List?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

It would definitely counter excessive health, but instant kills would be way too much. A level 14 worker with stones could outdamage a 120 premium dueler with a GG with a lucky headshot or two. Tone it down a bit and this idea is basically the 2nd part of this idea.

DeletedUser12734

With the suggested formula, i think a level 14 worker has no change of doing that against a level 120 dueller. Practically his chances are almost 1%! Even we can work on the formula and suggest a more balanced one.

DeletedUser

Sorry, I didn't real that closely. It's not quite as overpowered for normal builds, but if this were implemented with that formula, some people would spec to maximize their chances as in your second example. It would also favor attackers too much with all that stamina from pure strength.

One Armed Ninja

There's also a reason it takes 4 hits minimum to KO someone from max health in a battle.

Dying in one hit due to some bad luck on your part is not fun at all.
I can't approve this idea myself..

DeletedUser12734

why u just talk about being killed by 1 shot? don't u think about the of fun killing in 1 shot? if the formula be balanced enough to give equal chance to both defenders and attacker, it can be exciting guys :)

DeletedUser30224

EDITED
I was doing some calculation myself. Pure HP forters have around 200 to 230 stamina with good clothes, 130 hiding, 110 dodge, very low aim, around 20 or so.

Put two of these guys against each other and you'd get (20/110)*(230*130)/100 = 54% if my math is correct ... that's unacceptable. <<< NOOB :D

DeletedUser12734

Put two of these guys against each other and you'd get (20/110)*(230*130)/100 = 54% if my math is correct ... that's unacceptable. <<< NOOB :D

so is 1.32% acceptable? :)

I want some help, can u please tell me what is normal skill distribution of fort fighters in most common builds and classes? I mean tanks, snipers, duellers, high level, low level, ...
I want to compare the formula in each case and create a comparison table.

DeletedUser

I'd just leave stamina out of the formula because it would pretty much always favor attackers.

DeletedUser30224

so is 1.32% acceptable? :)

I want some help, can u please tell me what is normal skill distribution of fort fighters in most common builds and classes? I mean tanks, snipers, duellers, high level, low level, ...
I want to compare the formula in each case and create a comparison table.

1.32% sure is acceptable, unfortunately I cannot help you with the common builds as I do not hold that knowledge. Would it not be easier to have it at 1% for all players? Regardless of build, regardless of weapon or level.

DeletedUser

And with no ability to manipulate that number (I like the 1% too). Not with clothes, not with buffs, nothing. Just a fixed chance that everyone would have to get a head/kill shot.

DeletedUser35746

It would be impossible to block sectors.
Let say you are blocking a tower and 50 attackers are shoting at you. If they had 1% chance to make headshot, it would mean there would be only 50% chance to survive one round.

DeletedUser12734

A fixed 1% chance is ok for me. I have no emphasis on the formula, but the headshot itself :)

Let say you are blocking a tower and 50 attackers are shoting at you. If they had 1% chance to make headshot, it would mean there would be only 50% chance to survive one round.

It sounds very pleasant to me! being in front of 50 shooters and expecting to survive hundreds of shot for more than one round is a little excess! and a 50% chance to survive in such a situation is fairly acceptable.

By the way, I've been in 15 battle since my return to The West, I'm a dueller and with that 10% chance to crit, I've only had 2 crits in 15 battles (which means at least 300 chances to shoot). So I guess headshots will happen rarely with 1% chance.

DeletedUser

Your math is wrong, and blockers in most situations don't have that many people shooting at them, but your basic argument is still correct. It would be very hard to block. With your example, I believe the probability of no one getting a headshot would be 0.99^50 = 60.5%, or a 39.5% chance of someone getting a headshot. That would be different for advents of course, but that does seem unacceptably high.

DeletedUser30224

Advents would be marginally affected by this as they ghost more often than not, which means that they ignore the salvo of shots coming their way. However, reading the comments, I believe that there is no chance at all for this idea to pass as it is, even with 1% ... people want to participate in battles, and since there are allot of unselfish tanks that are used to take the blunt in each battle, they will definitely vote NO to this. No-one wants to die, and killing someone with one shot would only bring advantage to low hp snipers or premium advents. The fact is that your chance of killing someone with one shot is much lower than getting killed by someone else especially if you are a tank. Common sense would dictate that this will not pass as it is.

On the other hand, if you would lower the damage to say 10-50% of target Hp for each headshot, that might still conflict with all premium duellers' crits, and we all know they just love to be on the top damage list, which means most likely they will vote no again. In any case, I'd predict better chance for this idea to pass with a non-deadly approach and stick with some percentage instead.

I might be wrong of course, and we'll only know when we poll it, but I think I'm not the only one that forecasts it this way.