Fort battle topic in the battle screen

DeletedUser30224

Proposal
Add any topic information in the battle screen instead of the battle chat.

Current Workaround
Atm topics are set in battle chats, or forums.

Details
WHen you log in the battle, you much find the battle chat, open it, read the topic if any and go back to battle chat to make any adjustments to your position or target. Alternatively the topic might also contain an image URL which you must copy, paste in a new browser tab and load the image.

I am proposing that we should be able to see all battle related information in the actual battle screen and set our targets and positions without leaving the screen.

When you join a battle, the battle screen loads. At this moment the general can click on the "Set Topic" link and an input message dialog will pop up. The general then only needs to type in the topic and click "ok". Another message pops up in case the general wants to add a tactical image with position and targeting. This dialogue box only takes url of already hosted images and will resize the image to fit the battle screen.
Only generals or captain can set or modify Topic information.
The battle screen will display the topic text ONLY, but the user can expand the battle screen to show any attached image to the topic. The reason why it is not displayed expanded is because some users might have low resolution on their monitors and the battle screen will be in this case too big. To delete topic or image, click "ok" without typing anything in the input box.

There is never sufficient protection against traitors, never was, never will be, but it would be a bit comforting if traitors could not see the topic at all. Topics might change after traitors are branded, they should not be able to see the changes.

Abuse Prevention
None. Topic will take a max number of characters, the image will be resized.

Visual Aids
[spoil]
Contracted topic:
8CmXTz5.jpg

Expanded topic:
55ng.png

Set topic:
5c5wMGA.png
01ajFm8.png
Vpi7O2J.png

[/spoil]

Summary
With this implementation, forters will have all the necessary information on the same screen, the battle window. No need to check chats for topics, no need for lengthy explanation, just post an image that players can check with no hustle by expanding the topic.

Administration
Does this idea meet the Ideas Guidelines & Criteria? Yes
Does this idea appear on any of the Previously Suggested Ideas List? No

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

i am all for it, but haven't we had a totally similar suggestion a little while ago? though that was about the fort overview, might be good to combine those?

DeletedUser31532

I think it would be an improvement. The current topic auto-delete nonsense can be quite annoying; if for no other reason.
reemplazovp.png
reemplazovp.png
reemplazovp.png
reemplazovp.png

Last edited by a moderator:

One Armed Ninja

Good idea.

The only problem I can see at all is the rare case when you get someone you want to mark as traitor join, they'd not be able to see changes in topics after being so branded would they? That might need to be implemented into this somehow... (But it rarely happens these days ;))

DeletedUser30224

Good idea.

The only problem I can see at all is the rare case when you get someone you want to mark as traitor join, they'd not be able to see changes in topics after being so branded would they? That might need to be implemented into this somehow... (But it rarely happens these days ;))

Interesting, but I would not worry about it. If the player is a traitor and giving info to the other side, such players can see the real position of players anyhow, so regardless of topic, the harm is already done. But I will put it in so that traitors cannot see topics.

DeletedUser

Interesting, but I would not worry about it. If the player is a traitor and giving info to the other side, such players can see the real position of players anyhow, so regardless of topic, the harm is already done. But I will put it in so that traitors cannot see topics.

It doesn't make much difference since topics should be set long enough in advance for participants to see it, in which case a traitor will see it before being traitored.