Outlaw levels

Slygoxx

Proposal
I would like to propose a system that will make the experience gained after level 120 more useful. It does not have a purpose at the moment, besides being able to advance on the rankings.

Current Workaround
-

Details
After you reach level 120, all experience gained will count towards a new level system, called outlaw levels. You start at outlaw level 0 and can level up all the way to level 60 (this number and the name can be changed of course).

This will not just be for the sake of having some extra levels, they will provide benefits.
Once you reach level 120, you will see an extra number just below your player name in the avatar area (visual aid nr. 1). This number will be coloured differently and will reflect your current outlaw level. The experience bar on the bottom of your screen will of course show the progress towards the next level.
The experience needed to level is to be determined. It can be a continuation of the current formula, it could be double that, or it could be an entirely different formula. The idea is that it should take some time to gain a level though.

Your public profile will also show your current outlaw level, I put it below the duelling level but it could be in another spot (visual aid nr. 2).
There can also be an additional row in the rankings to show a player's outlaw level, looks like there's plenty of room left for that.

Now on to the benefits, every level you gain will award you with 1 point you can spend on various bonuses. These bonuses are:
- Increased duelling experience (duelling experience only, regular experience gained from a duel will stay the same)
- Increased money gained from jobs and duels
- Increased luck chance on jobs
- Increased speed on the map
- Increased product drop chance

Each point spent increases the bonus by 1% (visual aid nr. 3). An option could be added to free up some points or reset the entire thing in exchange for some money, bonds or nuggets.
A maximum could be set on the amount of points you can put into one bonus (e.g. 40%), to prevent stacking of that bonus.

Abuse Prevention
This will not make characters overpowered.

Visual Aids
[spoil]
Outlaw_avatar_zps4c6a29db.png

Outlaw_profile_zpsbfb48b9b.png

Outlaw_window_zps261d407f.png

[/spoil]

Summary
This system will provide players with something they can do with their experience after reaching level 120, as there is currently no use besides the rankings.

Last edited:

DeletedUser30224

Love it. I would also suggest that since you might end up having more than 60 points, you should limit bonuses to a maximum of 50% meaning you can only assign 50 points to a bonus and must distribute the rest of your points to some other bonuses.

As for those bonuses, those can be quite numerous. I would propose also:

Increased product drop chance
Increased speed (will not add to your speed but it will multiply your speed): Ex: if you have 360% speed and 12% in speed bonus, then your total speed will be 360 * 1.12 = 403%
Increased Luck Value on jobs (the percentage will basically increase your LP and whatever luck value the increased LP will give, that will be your Luck value, however the LP will not be increased for the job, thus will not affect the cash or experience gained from the job, just Luck Value)
Increase in fort battle chance to hit (will affect negatively chance to dodge)
Increase in fort battle chance to dodge (will affect negatively chance to hit)
meh, that would be bad for forts actually. Premium advents and premium duellers would abuse this.

I was also thinking about fort damage/resistance and duelling damage/resistance/chance to hit/chance to dodge but that would create serious problems even if it affect the opposite skill adversely)

DeletedUser34315

I like this idea, with the bonuses that zd suggested. But- I'd have it just take more money from the player, rather than generate extra money to give to the winner. That seems too complicated and abusable.

DeletedUser

I also don't really like the name. Not everyone wants to be an outlaw, and it has the additional baggage of reminding us of the old Outlaw Levels suggestion, which was basically like an alignment system.

Slygoxx

We're all outlaws, it's the wild west after all.

zdeno, I like the two you suggested. I'd rather not have bonuses that affect the battles themselves, as that would increase the power of a character. The way I see it is that the bonuses are quality of life bonuses and do not make a character more powerful.

It is indeed similar to the virtual levels, but with benefits.

DeletedUser33353

Like it as well. Except for the extra experience awarded for dueling. I think this would even drive more people to stay a zero moti dueler and would further skew the duel rankings in the worlds. Other than that, a big yes from me.

Last edited by a moderator:

Slygoxx

You can choose which bonus you want, if you don't want the extra experience, you can pick another bonus. No one is forcing you to pick the bonus if you don't want to, but it could be a nice bonus for those who want to be on top of the duel rankings.

DeletedUser33353

You can choose which bonus you want, if you don't want the extra experience, you can pick another bonus. No one is forcing you to pick the bonus if you don't want to, but it could be a nice bonus for those who want to be on top of the duel rankings.

I understand that point Sly, just saying I would not like to see that as an option. Besides it would hinder duelers under the level of 120 to use it. The speed, luck drops and stuff like that I am all for it.

And I know the bonuses are still up in the air....but a few are already obtainable in the shop, or as buffs. Would that cut into Inno's gold nugget program? I would think a few of them would. Speed----nuggie half time. Luck----work instructions? or tombola things(more nuggies). I do love the idea, but the more I think on it, I would not think the devs would go for it.

As always, just my opinion. Still love the idea though.

Slygoxx

Most of the protagonists in Westerns aren't outlaws, and even the ones who are outlaws are the good guys.
If the name is truly bothersome, it can be changed. The name wouldn't affect the essence of the idea anyway. I'd rather have comments on the idea itself than the name though.
I understand that point Sly, just saying I would not like to see that as an option. Besides it would hinder duelers under the level of 120 to use it. The speed, luck drops and stuff like that I am all for it.

And I know the bonuses are still up in the air....but a few are already obtainable in the shop, or as buffs. Would that cut into Inno's gold nugget program? I would think a few of them would. Speed----nuggie half time. Luck----work instructions? or tombola things(more nuggies). I do love the idea, but the more I think on it, I would not think the devs would go for it.

Due to the duelling level restrictions, not many players would be able to duel level 120 players. If they can, they will receive plenty of experience so they'll quickly be level 120 themselves. I do understand where you're coming from though.

As for the availability of these buffs, only premium players would be able to use those buffs often, this would provide players with a free alternative that would still take a massive time to get, you won't get the max bonus a week after you hit level 120 or something, it will take a lot of time and dedication. This might even encourage premium. They will see what such a bonus can do and they'll want more.

Apelatia

Good idea. I am all for it! Something extra to aim for after reaching Level 120 is something I have been waiting to see for a while...

DeletedUser30224

I see it as a boost to Inno's revenue since reaching your goals with these bonuses will be time consuming and will require dedication and attract more activity. I think that if the game is more appealing the "slight possible" drop in revenue might not be a bad idea in the long run. Maybe it's just wishful thinking though, I'd love to be right :)

DeletedUser33353

As for the availability of these buffs, only premium players would be able to use those buffs often, this would provide players with a free alternative that would still take a massive time to get, you won't get the max bonus a week after you hit level 120 or something, it will take a lot of time and dedication. This might even encourage premium. They will see what such a bonus can do and they'll want more.

Case in point.....go premium. What you are proposing is already available. Those 24 hour premium shields comes to mind. Or, perhaps I am just being a pessimist. Still love the idea, perhaps a few more different options than what has been suggested? After a few more beers, I may even suggest a few ;)

DeletedUser30224

I'm tempted to poll this idea, Slygo, if you think you had enough discussion let me know and I'll poll it. But before you do that, update your first post. I would strongly recommend adding some sort of upper cap to these bonuses otherwise it will not receive a warm welcome. I've suggested 50 points to be max per bonus but it's your idea.

Slygoxx

I have slightly edited the original post to reflect some additional bonuses suggested by zd3no and a cap on individual bonuses. If anyone has anything to add before it's polled, feel free to do so.

DeletedUser34781

it wil get a yes from me when it goes to poll... sitting at lvl 120 is reaallly boring for me and only so many times i can reskill so if something along this lines adds a bit more zest...then hurrah