Lower Golden Weapon Quest Levels to 64

DeletedUser

Idea title: Lower Golden Weapon Quest Levels to 64
Details of idea: Again, Lower Golden Weapon Quest Levels to 64
Reasons for submitting: The golden weapons are the most important weapons in the game. They're standard gear. It's silly that the soldier's level requirement advantage doesn't apply to something as ubiquitous as the golden weapons because they can't do the quest until level 70.

DeletedUser

Great call! Nice attention to detail.
While we're at it, we should do one of three things ...
1) Change the level of Sacajawea's Pants from level 70 to level 99 ... or,
2) Change the level of the quest to get Sacajawea's Pants, The Treasure, to level 70 ...or,
3) Change them both to some level in between, but anyway we choose, make them both the same level. It seems really silly to have to be level 99 to earn level 70 attire.

I'd like to add that there is a chance that someone could sell these pants on the market to a level 70 player, but I still believe the justification of my reasoning is sound and just.

I don't want this to derail the above idea. I will happily submit this idea in the appropriate format. The above idea just brought this thought to mind.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Now when did they do that? Of course! +1 from me. Soldier bonus is meaningless IMO then.

DeletedUser34767

Yes to the change to the Golden Colt as this is a special 'unique' item.

Not sure about Sacajawea's Pants as I thought this was just another pair of named pants that just happened to be a quest reward. Isn't this droppable at any level from a chest that contains unique items?

Last edited by a moderator:

Ripwise

Yes to the change to the Golden Colt as this is a special 'unique' item.

Not sure about Sacajawea's Pants as I thought this was just another pair of named pants that just happened to be a quest reward. Isn't this droppable at any level from a chest that contains unique items?

They drop from iron clad, steel lined, fancy and unique chest, im not sure about premium chest.

Problem he mentioned is that quest is at lvl 99 and the pants are wearable from lvl 70. :huh:

DeletedUser34767

They drop from iron clad, steel lined, fancy and unique chest, im not sure about premium chest.

Problem he mentioned is that quest is at lvl 99 and the pants are wearable from lvl 70. :huh:

Thanks for the clarification. In that case I would not change the pants as I don't think it is necessary to change levels on 'named' items that can be dropped from jobs and chests, just because they happen to be included in a quest. We could then spend a whole bunch of time analyzing every item that happens to drop in a quest and adjust the levels, which I think is unnecessary.

For 'special' items that can only be received from quests ( Golden Colt, Golden Sabre, Indian Belt ), I am all for having the levels of the items / quest adjusted to make sense.

DeletedUser30224

There is a thin line between Sacajewea's jeans and Golden weapon but Sacajewea's jeans are Actionable and Drop-able, while Golden weapon is only attained from quest. So let's just leave it at golden weapon for now.

Yes from me.

DeletedUser34767

Making no change is the only option that will make sure players can only get the golden weapons when they can all equip them. Quest = level 70, Weapon = level 70, therefore everyone can use the golden weapons when they can do the quest.

The idea suggested was a change to allow soldiers and premium soldiers to take advantage of their class bonus.

Original Idea. Quest becomes level 64. Everyone can complete. Premium soldiers can equip. Regular soldiers will have to wait until level 67 to equip. Everyone else waits until level 70 to equip.

Slygoxx Idea. Quest stays at level 70. Equip levels now 76. Everyone can complete. Premium soldiers can equip. Regular soldiers will have to wait until level 73 to equip. Everyone else waits until level 76 to equip.

Pretty much the same thing, except in the first idea everything happens 6 levels sooner.

DeletedUser

Incidentally, this suggestion doesn't affect me at all either way. I'll never be level 70 again. This is what inspired the idea:

now they changed the quest i just found out, i am only level 59 now i can't finish it till level 70. i am a premium solider. so i can use it at level 64. Does inno not want me to spend nuggets anymore. why would they change it? :(

Good point, that is stupid.

DeletedUser

+1 Big yes to the original idea: Lower the quest level requirement to 64.

DeletedUser30224

This idea is eligible to be moved for a vote.

Elmyr, please let me know if you'd like to refine your idea further or would like me to poll it as it is. Any changes that you'd might try to make must be reflected in the initial post.