Flag vs Flag

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Can we change one of these images?
[item=2291] [US flag]
[item=2301] [Flag of Independence]
Having them both the same seems to me will ensure that someone accidently uses a buff when they are attempting to equip an item.
Maybe something like this instead ...
CentenialFlag.png
and
USFlag.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Ripwise

This isnt a bug/game error and when you click any buff you get a warning message that you are going to use a buff.

DeletedUser

Shoes

This probably goes back further than most of you can recall ... but there was a time when Charlatan Shoes had the same image as Brown Pilgrim's Shoes. Having the same image for two different items is both lazy and idiotic. Naturally, I didn't want to state these OBVIOUS facts in my original and rather diplomatic submission. However, seeing that even the low end of the spectrum will respond to the best of ideas, I am forced to bring up the past. Thank you for your support!

delldell56

i don't see much of a difference in between those pictures, to be honest. if i am not going to pay attention to one flag that warns me about its nature as a buff an another as a product i can equip, i certainly won't notice the shape of the stars. it takes the same time to look at the description of each as to trying to see the stars pattern. but i understand your concern, and i think it would be much easier (for players anyways) to just locate both flags far from each other. put the set flag up with the other equipable products (rocket, walking stick, kudram's parasol, tequila, whiskey, etc.) and leave the usable buff right where it is, with other buffs.

p.s. charlatan shoes looked like fancy shoes, not as brown pilgrim's shoes, and they were almost next to each other --which was the chief reason for confusion. and developers could risk facing the rage of some hardcore americans if they "spontaneously" changed the american flag.

DeletedUser

p.s. charlatan shoes looked like fancy shoes, not as brown pilgrim's shoes, and they were almost next to each other --which was the chief reason for confusion. and developers could risk facing the rage of some hardcore americans if they "spontaneously" changed the american flag.

You lost nothing by equipping the wrong shoes, try equipping a usable item, click Ok without thinking (which is a completely natural response), and you lose a buff.

DeletedUser8627

Yeah, something that also bothers me somewhat. I don't like having two separate items with the same image. This has happened a handful of times in the game and rather confusing especially with those Easter eggs too.

Seeming that there were three crayons and only two rockets, the flag could merely be made into the third rocket.

I'll check for some free time today and design a third rocket and send the proposal in for it to be changed. No guarantee it will change but it's worth a try.

DeletedUser

I agree with 2 of the suggestions: change the buff to a rocket, or move the flag that can be equipped higher up in the inventory pages so it is next to other equippable products. As it is now, they're so close to each other in the inventory screen that is too easy to click the wrong one.

DeletedUser22493

Please format it, and ill skip the vote so I can ship it off.

DeletedUser

I like the Gadsden flag myself, but I still think Da Twista's idea for a third rocket would be best.

ateoJyz.jpg

DeletedUser

I think the rocket works well here. However, for future events - there is plenty of history well worth using.

DeletedUser8627

I've drawn up something which I'll send through to development.

ToG3AOi.png

'nuff said.

DeletedUser8627

Will be changed with the release of version 2.06.

This is now closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.