Restore the whisper function to its full extent

DeletedUser

Proposal
make it possible again to whisper people that aren't in your friendslist or chat room by typing /tell <nickname>:

Current Workaround
you now have to add people to friendlist(however those tend to fill quite quickly due to this)

Details
Before you could just type /tell <nickname>: to whisper anyone you wanted, with the new update 2.03 this is restraint to only people on friendlist or chatrooms, which just blows if you quickly wanna do a market deal or want to ask a question

Abuse Prevention
none

Visual Aids
none

Summary
gimme back the power to poke people that aren't in my friendslist or alliance!

Administration
Does this idea meet the Ideas Guidelines & Criteria? like anyone ever reads those so yes
Does this idea appear on any of the Previously Suggested Ideas List? nope
Does this idea makes you able to shout deth to Futu? Yes

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser14006

This needs to happen, downright frustrating to be faced with the System: You can only whisper to players you can see in a chatroom message every time you just want to communicate with a player who happens to be in a different random general room to you :)

A big +1 from me on this one.

Ripwise

Great idea! I have to send telegrams for every question, proposal etc.. just because i cant whisper and it would be easier to resolve it in chat.

DeletedUser34315

I think they changed it since you could figure out if someone was online, by messaging them. If it went through, they were online. If is said the player did not exist, then they were offline.
That said, I liked the old way. It's heard to talk to anyone in a different alliance.

DeletedUser22685

Well maybe they should change it back to how it was pre-2.0 where your whispers went through even if they were online. Actually, now that I think about it, it's helpful that it tells you they're not online so you know for sure whether you need to wait for a response. I don't really see the issue in knowing whether somebody is online.

DeletedUser

If you can tell if someone is online, it can be abused by duelers. If you are guaranteed that someone has not been online for the past hour, it means you can repeat duel and know that their stance has not been altered, which is really an abuse of the system. Pre-2.0 system would be fine, but, I don't know if they can re-implement the old systems now.

DeletedUser22493

Im one of those who afk allot. Keep the game open in the background, and work on other things.
Id like to be able to set my own status. Online, Busy and Offline.

Online - Your there. Anyone can send you whispers.
Busy - Your there but you may not answer whispers.
Offline - Can't recive or send whispers. Disconnected from the whole chat system, but still able to play.

With that, id like the whisper function back.

DeletedUser

Im one of those who afk allot. Keep the game open in the background, and work on other things.
Id like to be able to set my own status. Online, Busy and Offline.

Online - Your there. Anyone can send you whispers.
Busy - Your there but you may not answer whispers.
Offline - Can't recive or send whispers. Disconnected from the whole chat system, but still able to play.

With that, id like the whisper function back.

seeing everyone wants it back uhm can't you put it up for vote already this seems kinda a nobrainer that will easily reach the amount of yes's i think?

DeletedUser22493

seeing everyone wants it back uhm can't you put it up for vote already this seems kinda a nobrainer that will easily reach the amount of yes's i think?
It will be left for discussion for at least a few more days.

DeletedUser

Someone whispered me last night. I was not in any common chat room, he was not in my town or alliance and they are not in my friend list so was it a bug? How did he manage to whisper me?