Forum The West
Game - Forum Rules
Game Rules - Forum Search
Contact information
Help
Go Back   Forum The West > Community > Saloon
Mark Forums Read
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts

Saloon This is the general forum, you can talk about game related subjects here.

Closed Thread

Old 27.02.13, 18:44

Stranger

Total posts : 53
ManFromSnowyRiver will become famous soon enough
Robbery Geronimo Shotgun

Inno, we have a problem!

This Geronimo's Shotgun weapon is far too powerful. Fort battle damage of 400-500, average of 450. The next best gun boasts an average of only 300 damage! I implore you to lower the damage of this rifle to minimum 350 average, 300-400 damage or remove it from the game. (Ideally removed from the game)

To put this in perspective, he will inflict about 3 times more damage than the average of the top ten of that world. Basically, it is like having 2 additional fort fighters on your side.

Lowering the damage of this gun will still make it the most powerful in the game, but it won't hurt the overall balance of the whole community.

Most of the complaints I see about fort battles is the use of health points. People are too big. When we continue to introduce buffs, more powerful weapons, and sector bonus to increase damage people will continue to increase their health points or just stop going to fort battles. I don't know how everyone feels but I play many worlds and the attendance at fort battles is down. Whether the fort fighters like it or not, the 2,000 health point dueler and quester are vital to the success of fort fights. Please stop introducing items that discourage them from attending.

So please do the right thing Inno. Remove this weapon from the game. Compensate those that own it and change the rewards program to adjust for this. Put it up on the wall with the Sword of a Thousand Truths and the Rocketin' Turtle.

Remember when the Gatling Gun was tried out and scrapped because it was too powerful? This Geronimo Shotgun is more powerful than the Gatling Gun!

Thank you
Old 27.02.13, 19:09

Total posts : 1,155
Worlds: W11, W12, W15
Ripwise is a jewel in the roughRipwise is a jewel in the roughRipwise is a jewel in the roughRipwise is a jewel in the rough

Just a heads up MFSR, i think only one player has that gun on .net!

As for people beings to skinny in fort fights that is their problem. I cant imagine fort battle with players having 2k hp and battle lasting 25 rounds.
Old 27.02.13, 20:43

Cowboy

Total posts : 1,110
l8dygaga is a name known to alll8dygaga is a name known to alll8dygaga is a name known to alll8dygaga is a name known to alll8dygaga is a name known to alll8dygaga is a name known to all

chaining whine threads or what?
Old 27.02.13, 20:49

Total posts : 2,646
Victor Kruger has much to be proud ofVictor Kruger has much to be proud ofVictor Kruger has much to be proud ofVictor Kruger has much to be proud ofVictor Kruger has much to be proud ofVictor Kruger has much to be proud ofVictor Kruger has much to be proud ofVictor Kruger has much to be proud ofVictor Kruger has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripwise View Post
Just a heads up MFSR, i think only one player has that gun on .net!

As for people beings to skinny in fort fights that is their problem. I cant imagine fort battle with players having 2k hp and battle lasting 25 rounds.
I agree with MFSR...

As for the 2k hp ? ive never had moch more than that until natty set came out and last just fine thx as do most other normal players as long as they dont sit on point Duh..... the problem with too many tanks is stupid crits all the time ... no tactics at all to speak of anymore and a total waste of normal players time showing up to battles even hoping to get a high hit score.

To see a dueler taking the top score nearly every single time is just like watching HASSAN with geronimos... thats how us normal players feel with the crit bonus... lame and elitist.

This is in part why fort participation is down...

in fact most battles are like watching paint dry now..........

"There can be only One"
Old 27.02.13, 22:46

Brave

Total posts : 903
Worlds: W14, W15, Beta
Fafer has a spectacular aura aboutFafer has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor Kruger View Post
in fact most battles are like watching paint dry now..........
hey, i love watching paint dry with cold beer in hand!
actually, we are usually watching grass grow with beer in hand
Old 28.02.13, 01:26

Stranger

Total posts : 66
Worlds: W11
JullyAnne is on a distinguished road

HP for fort battles should be one's choice. I am not set as a fort fighter and lately not even as a duller. I am just a poor adventurer and in fort battles I last just fine with 2 to 3k HP, I do enough damage and I would enjoy to see again the real strategies in battles instead of the tanks blocking at all times - it's becoming quite tedious and predictable.

Geronimo's gun is the same as duellers crits - the difference is Geronimo is one only on this server while dullers are everywhere. It is ridiculous to see a lvl 20 dueller doing more dmg than a 120lvl adventurer. It is also ridiculous to say a lvl 20 dueller can get into a battle, but a lvl 20 adventurer cannot. Where's the balance? Crits are supposed to be things that rarely happen, should be remarkable hits that everyone can brag about at some point, not a common thing for one particular class... If we accept duellers having super powers in battles, than an adventurer/worker/soldier should be granted the favour of owning a remarkable gun as Geronimo. Would that unbalance the battles? Who knows...? Maybe yes, or maybe not, but in a nut shell things are pretty simple: to have balanced battles we need to have players who are able to take down tanks on either side, and to do that we need either the advantage of a dueller or a powerful gun - and keep in mind that the damage Geronimo does will never equal the crit of a dueller. Also, we need to have the strategies that once kept us entertained - these days it is all robotic.

On a different note, think about the Golden Gun!!! There was outrage when the first ones came out as at that point they gave amazing advantage in the battles, but then everyone started to work towards getting one and battles became more fun. Think of Geronimo's gun as the better version of the GG and maybe instead of asking to be removed from the game ask to have it available for everyone in an impossible quest.

ڪےMoonlight Mysticsڪ
╚═════════
═══════════ஜ۩ஜ════════════════════

Last edited by JullyAnne; 28.02.13 at 01:41.
Old 28.02.13, 02:15

Mod Emeritus

Total posts : 21,860
Elmyr has a reputation beyond reputeElmyr has a reputation beyond reputeElmyr has a reputation beyond reputeElmyr has a reputation beyond reputeElmyr has a reputation beyond reputeElmyr has a reputation beyond reputeElmyr has a reputation beyond reputeElmyr has a reputation beyond reputeElmyr has a reputation beyond reputeElmyr has a reputation beyond reputeElmyr has a reputation beyond repute

To anyone dismissing Geronimo's as no more unfair than duelers vs. everyone else:

1. Anyone can choose to be a dueler.
2. A non-dueler with Geronimo's still wouldn't outdamage premium duelers much.
3. The one Geronimo's on .net is in the hands of a dueler.

One player being allowed to dominate doesn't compare to one class being allowed to dominate.

The lesser of two evils is still evil.
Old 28.02.13, 04:56

Stranger

Total posts : 53
ManFromSnowyRiver will become famous soon enough

Ripwise: I think we can both agree you meant to say "i think only one player (too many) has that gun on .net!" Sure 2k is not going to survive against a firing squad, but those players are vital to the success of fort fights and many of them do just fine when they show up and participate.

Gaga: Yes, I came to whine, again. I love this game and when something is wrong, I speak out. I want to see the game flourish. Remember the old wise saying, "Inno prevails when good people stand by and do nothing"

Victor: Anyone who watches or knows a battle knows who the MVP's should be. Each character serves his purpose for the good of the team. Soldiers tank, Adventurers block, Workers sit on their tower and hope the attackers come their way, and Duelers deal damage. If you want to measure on damage alone or some outside web site then yeah, duelers are king. Everyone has a choice of class and typically those numbers are even on each side.

Fafer: I will join you for a beer.

JullyAnne: Many people can do very well with 2-3k health. Gernoimo's gun is not in the same discussion as a duelers critical as this gun is given to a single player rather then a whole class that is typically equal on all sides. It is ridiculous that a level 20 dueler can out damage a level 120, but that is another topic. Once this issue is resolved we can turn our attention to that.

The golden gun was too powerful when it first came out, people spoke out in the forums and it's damage was reduced. I don't want there to be a need for more health point, so I would rather see the gun discarded.

Elmyr: Exactly.
Old 28.02.13, 08:12

Total posts : 4,092
Worlds: W11, W12, W13, W14
Da Twista has a brilliant futureDa Twista has a brilliant futureDa Twista has a brilliant futureDa Twista has a brilliant futureDa Twista has a brilliant futureDa Twista has a brilliant futureDa Twista has a brilliant futureDa Twista has a brilliant futureDa Twista has a brilliant futureDa Twista has a brilliant futureDa Twista has a brilliant future
Send a message via Skype™ to Da Twista

There is only one of these guns on one world on .net given as compensation to a player for loses and time wasted with friendship point rewards.

Other guns owned are only in world 12 by NPC players that wil eventually be deleted, this is an event that is being run in this world.
Old 28.02.13, 09:29

Mod Emeritus

Total posts : 21,860
Elmyr has a reputation beyond reputeElmyr has a reputation beyond reputeElmyr has a reputation beyond reputeElmyr has a reputation beyond reputeElmyr has a reputation beyond reputeElmyr has a reputation beyond reputeElmyr has a reputation beyond reputeElmyr has a reputation beyond reputeElmyr has a reputation beyond reputeElmyr has a reputation beyond reputeElmyr has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Twista View Post
There is only one of these guns on one world on .net given as compensation to a player for loses and time wasted with friendship point rewards.
It didn't compensate him, it penalized every single other fort fighter in the game.

The lesser of two evils is still evil.
Closed Thread