The-West Mobile Version

DeletedUser

Proposal: My proposal is to introduce a mobile version with limited function for this game.

When the version one was available, I used to log in with my mobile browser (example: Dolphin Browser) and give some travel command. For an example: my character was sleeping in town but I know the fort battle will start after 2 hours, so I have to give a travel command now but I am not home. In that case, I used to log in just to give my travel command and it was very useful. But as soon as the version 2 arrived, I can't give this command anymore.

It doesn't need to look like the original game that we see from computer browsers. It can be something like HTML based. No graphical works is needed.

Proposed Features:

• Travel Command
  • Search button
  • Telegrams
  • Sleep command
  • Fort battle participation
Travel Command: While I booked the position of my town in version 2, I have seen that every town has it's own co-ordination. We can use that numbers. I think forts also have some co-ordinations. So, we can have a button like "Travel" and pressing that button will enable two boxes where we need to put the numbers and then the "Travel" or "Go" button.
example:
MnrBG.png

Search button: It may not be possible to remember the co-ordinations of forts or towns, which is why we can have a search button and we can search with fort or town name and the search result will give us the co-ordinations.

Telegrams: We can also have this feature in the mobile version so that players can read and reply their telegrams.

Sleep Command: We can have a button like "sleep" and when we will click on the HTML coded name of a town or fort then this button will appear and pressing this button means a sleep command for next 8 hours.

Fort battle participation: We can have a button like "join battle" and when we will click on the HTML coded name of a fort then this button will appear and pressing this button will bring two more buttons like: "attack" or "defend". And this is how we can at-least do the sign-up process.

Summary: In short, if we have a mobile version of this game which will have only the basic features then it will be helpful for a lot of us, I believe. It happens many times that I miss a fort battle just because I came home late, but if we have this option available then we will no more have such problem (or the possibility will decrease). And I believe, the users of smart-phones has increased a lot and enable such option will make the game much more attractive.

Thanks.

DeletedUser34315

This looks very nice! Especially with the shortened job times, being able to remotely access the west would be rather nice.

Deleted User - 1278415

I would say its a start. Any kind of The West mobile app needs a beginning.

DeletedUser

It has been suggested, rejected, and said it would never happen, but you're right, short job times do make it much more important than it used to be. Maybe it is time to consider it again.

DeletedUser14006

I am new to smartphones so first thing I did when I got my new Sony Xperia Miro was attempt to log onto the west and it worked and here I am using it to post this message :)

DeletedUser

Smart phones are the answer

It's a challenge to participate in a battle with a smart phone or a phablet, but you can definitely play the game with one. I add jobs, change attire, rest, and moniter the market with my phone. That may be the easiest answer for anyone interested in having more contact with the game.

DeletedUser

I know i used to play from my phone before 2.0 hit - however since I've never tried. Anyone know if you can play TW from your iphone on a 3G server? (say no if it's with tremendous lag and issues)

DeletedUser22685

Works well enough for me, I never really have to use it though, just tried it to see if I could.

Ripwise

Only thing missing currently is just to make West run smoother on mobile devices otherwise it works fine.

DeletedUser

There are a few issues with using The West on touch phones - I don't know about others but i found that trying to dress your character can be a hassle. trying to drag the screen across and accidentally changing the gear ect. Often laggy as well.

I don't think this is an issue with TW, more of the phone but these issues would need to be pointed out if a TW app were to be made.

DeletedUser

You can do all the things in the app on the iPhone 5 using Chrome. You obviously can't do anything at a fort apart from sleep or stand there, but for logging in and sending messages, setting work, travel or sleep, I have no problems and really don't need an app or mobile version.

If the mobile version was tweaked to allow fort fights, then it would be worth it.

Edit: Just to add, I do all this on a 3G connection, not wireless.

DeletedUser

NO WAY! I was just thinking in posting this brainfart. Seriously? Fort Fighting via Phone? What I want to offer nice and useful function that doesn't need hard scripting like: Hotel, Go to the job you want which is at the nearest location, Random NPC duel, Telegram. Make it like a text version: Not using the latest HTML viewer, becoming useful to everyone. No need any travel functions, just simple ones. Make it on Android! Some functions should be really easy to script and even usable without Flash Player, because I can't login to TW because my phone is Samsung Galaxy Mini. It's Rooted, Overclocked, Changed ROM, but still. It can't carry on the flash player. Make it simple as hell, with some useful functions. As I told you: Hotel, Telegram, Whisper, The nearest job you want and etc.

ONE MORE TIME! NO FLASH PLAYER NEEDED! MAKE IT FOR EVERYBODY, BECAUSE PEOPLE WHO HAVE THE LATEST DEVICES CAN DO IT ANYWAYS, BUT THOSE WITH WORSE ONES - THEY CAN'T. SO DON'T MAKE AN APP FOR THOSE, WHO CAN ALREADY DO IT ON THE BROWSER!

DeletedUser22493

Like brother Elmyr said, it's been suggested before. But in this case I don't think it will hurt to remind them that we still want this game to work (better) on our phones.

+1 from me.

DeletedUser19518

I have tried to log in via my Ipad and it was not funny at all.
+1 from also.

DeletedUser

Virim, download Chrome instead of Safari and you can do everything on the game except fort fight. An app is expensive when the phones already are capable of doing most things.

DeletedUser19518

Virim, download Chrome instead of Safari and you can do everything on the game except fort fight. An app is expensive when the phones already are capable of doing most things.

I will try it. Thanks.

DeletedUser34315

From what i read on Puffin's website, it sounded like flash support is only a free trial- after a while, you have to pay for flash support. Perhaps it is faster than chrome and the other browsers, but they've got a big advantage in the "being free" aspect...

DeletedUser27863

i would love this idea to be implemented. Especially if i could queue up some jobs during the whole day, as i can be on computer only in afternoon, but in morning i have acces to wifi.
i hate when i want to fill a queue overnight and i can queue 4x5min jobs -_-