FF Levels of Competition

DeletedUser

Proposal
Allow fort fights to be fought with different hp limits, set by the attacker.

Current Workaround
None, only one tier of competition

Details
A drop-down menu with the option of setting the hp limit of the battle to x000 hp or to have no limit. Any players that sign up with an hp over the limit will have their effective hp set to the max for that battle.

Abuse Prevention
None noted at this point.

Summary
Levels the playing field for fort fighting without demanding any changes to existing formulas or affecting a player's build.

Administration
Does this idea meet the Ideas Guidelines & Criteria? Yes
Does this idea appear on any of the Previously Suggested Ideas List? No

DeletedUser

Pass. I'm not letting the attacker tell me I can't defend my fort.

DeletedUser

Giving up already? It's too much of a challenge for elite fort fighters? :p

DeletedUser

Like I said, I'm not letting the attackers tell me I can't defend my own fort. Put a cap on hp, hard or soft, fine, but the attackers WILL NOT dictate how much hp I can have.

DeletedUser

What's so bad about it? Your build is not affected and it only lasts for that battle.

DeletedUser

I thought people cared about good fights rather than how many forts they had? Besides, it's not like capped battles will replace normal battles......

DeletedUser22685

Agree with Elmyr and co. Unfair and easily manipulated. I can't see this happening, nor do I want it to.

DeletedUser

A possibility to set a hp limit might be fun but I think there should be a requirement that generals from both sides agree to it. Maybe something like both sides setting a max amount of hp they want and then going by the higher value.

DeletedUser22493

Im gonna side with Elm on this.

Why should the weaker team get an advantage over a strong team?

DeletedUser20647

This idea sounds good to me! With the amount of tanks we have now, this would allow us to have multiple full battles in one day and it's the nerf that the HP skill needs.

DeletedUser563

Is this the solution necessarily. I am stumped. Is there atleast a minimum considered like 7000 or so. Atm this idea seems unbalanced and lacking of sufficient detail. Also your details and proposal is not the same. Think some confused with total HP of all attackers and what you propose of HP per player. What happens if a capped player gets KO'd in the battle....since he has HP left in the tank? I will just in each battle put the level at my current HP - 1 therefore keeping my character alive in each battle and able to work as normal. Therefore this idea contains an exploitative element which you dont address.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Fort fighting has always been two sides dominated by the die-hard fighters. Anyone who isn't devoted enough just won't get in. That basically makes for an Olympic tier and then no one else gets to play. Our server populations are not high enough to just have one tier. Why can't there be rookie leagues and regional competitions? Why can't there be multiple sides capable of competing on their own in whatever tier they can?

DeletedUser

Fort fighting has always been two sides dominated by the die-hard fighters. Anyone who isn't devoted enough just won't get in.

Oh really? w15 is your main FF world, right? Let's look at the last few battles.

50:24
73:84
56:65
50:42
96:84
12:20
49:42
71:43
15:15
9:33

Of the last 30 battles, only two were full on both sides, and both were smalls. If those non-diehards would show up, they would get in. You think those battles would have been more full if the diehards were kept out?

delldell56

i have never heard of setting a cap on how tall a basketball player can be, or how heavy a sumo fighter must be before discarded. imagine if the nfl would set a cap on how big a blocker can be? "per request by the challenger, you cannot have a blocker taller than 6ft and heavier than 150lb for this battle", which of course leaves your team with no blocker at all, because all your guys for that role are 6'5'' tall and weight 250lbs, and the opponent knows it.

DeletedUser

i have never heard of setting a cap on how tall a basketball player can be

That's because you've never seen rice farmer's emails to the NBA.

And before he brings up boxing, wrestling, etc, they're individual competition, not team sports, which fort fighting effectively is.

DeletedUser

Elmyr, w15 is in a slump right now, don't be ridiculous. I'm talking about in general, for the west as a whole.
dell, you sound like a fort hugger. If the attackers have a hp cap and take your fort, attack it back with no hp cap. Or maybe, take on the challenge and successfully defend the fort........
jakkals, if a capped player get's ko'd, they're sent back to town with their remaining hp. They would be more interested in non-capped battles though. ;)

delldell56

fort hugger my grandma. my happiest world is arizona, because i have played townless from beginning to end, and don't have to care about forts, duels, politics or whining. but i see when an idea is fair, and when is ridiculous. this one, as most of your ideas, is ridiculous.

since your active world is w15, let's use it as an example. say you want to attack a fort owned by epu, full of tanks, and you set the hp cap at 2.5k. you're rendering its home players useless and completely relying on their allies that are not skilled for hp but for sniping. how fair is that? next, you'll come up with the idea of setting rules, on a single battle basis, deciding what class you may want to ban; and will attack tog, setting a cap on the number of duelers that can participate. next, you'll want to attack the town that brings most premium adventurer fort fighters and say no adventurers are allowed.

it's not about wanting to even the scene or wanting to keep forts. it's about not letting someone exploit the weaknesses of one side, which is oh, so easy to do. imagine you are being mugged at gun point, your attacker has an army knife and you happen to have a glock. do you think he has the right to tell you "well, that's not fair. best you can use to defend yourself, in this case only, is a swiss army multi knife". would you drop your glock because he asked?

DeletedUser

Elmyr, w15 is in a slump right now, don't be ridiculous. I'm talking about in general, for the west as a whole.

Check out the other "active" worlds, and you'll find they have issues filling battles as well, specifically medium attacks. If that's just a slump, then the whole game is in a slump, and has been for some time.

We won't know if attendance will remedy itself until we see the effects of migration.