West 2.0 discussion

DeletedUser

This is just great news, along with migration this game is gonna become huge again. I remember playing way back when it was pretty new. And now that awesome environment will return with new features, great playability and a new sense of activity

Roll on 2.0 :D

DeletedUser

i agree..nice move by the devs to bring back the action to the game :)
though the bugs still need to be taken care of whether 1.36 or 2.0 ;)

hope to see more updates regarding 2.0 on the forum soon..cant wait :D

Deleted User - 1278415

Where is Joxer? He would be happy to see this. :D

Joxer happy? Im not sure Ive ever seen that.

I think it will be interesting to see a new face lift to the game finally as it is pretty dated from a game of 2008.

Bring it on. Whats the estimated ballpark on the update 3 months or 6 months?

DeletedUser

I think six months, but who knows? From Da Twista's post, it seems like the UPS has been successful and allowed Inno to bring in more devs.

DeletedUser8627

I appreciate some positive feedback for once :)

But I won't reveal any information just yet... :p

Jobs will probably not be in the same location as the maps are being hand made now. My guess is they'll move a bit.

DeletedUser563

Da Twista said:
We have been working on a map editor that has proved itself to be a very powerful tool and will allow us to click all map tiles, rivers, trees, mountains, rocks, towns, cacti etc... Not to mention some other cool stuff directly on the browser. All these elements are put together on different grounds to make a completely different and unique new world. Our goal is to provide a 'living' environment and not just a stagnant graphic.

Sounds like a idea I bounced a couple of months ago. I did add copyright Jakkals as worthless as that apparently are and pulled it as I never get any recognition for my ideas. Anyway I dont think you will come close to the vision of my idea anyway or that a map editor is really so unique.

It was in the discussion started by edlit - The West - Next generation -- which was a brainstorming thread. On the downsize the idea will bring the West closer to a facebook game which was my intention by pulling it : would have been called the west blocks but i could just as easily have thrown away the tag "the west". According to the idea a person could own a jobsite like you own a farm by adding environmental stimuli his job would have more or less production and he could put out jobs kinda a grapes of wrath scenario where you would have a certain amount of day laborers to fulfill the jobs i.e. picking your crop or working at your factory. A person would have a home block that he can develop. It was a very complex idea and imo would have created a super strategic online game. If that is what the west 2.0. is congrats hooligans on stealing my idea.

southpark said:
they took my job....they took his job...THEY TOOK HIS JOB..LOL

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser8627

Don't post your ideas on this forum if you don't want them used. That's how simple it is.

And what you suggested, you may want to rather check out Forge of Empires.

DeletedUser563

I am not concerned I was only poking fun at you guys. Anyway if I bring out a farming game tomorrow there will be 6 clones on facebook. I have another idea for a program but are currently changing its operation and approach because there is already a identical program on the market and I want to increase its functionality. Just to show that originality is almost unattainable in programs of any kind. The last example will be of course Transport Giant which was were I saw the concept of circle jobs identical to the west concept long before the start of the west.

So to ask you a question will we be building these features on the map ourselves , I assume there is no "farming of jobs? like in my idea or ownership of jobs?

DeletedUser23201

Jobs will probably not be in the same location as the maps are being hand made now. My guess is they'll move a bit.

then how about towns? will they be in the same place?

i ask because when we migrate we land in the new world at the same location we left the old, i believe this is 1 of the reasons towns cant migrate because there may be a town in that location already.
but if the towns will be randomly placed on the new map would it not be logical and a good gesture if towns where allowed to be migrated and dropped randomly in new worlds, then when 2.0 comes all towns(new and old) got dropped randomly

DeletedUser30307

moving jobs is not an issue and i'm sure that that is inevitable with the new map....but just don't let the jobs be too far and spread out, that can be a bit of a hindrance/annoyance :)

DeletedUser

On devblog a while back, it was said that jobs would show up in clusters. Some things I'm really hoping for in 2.0 are town customization, infinite building levels, and new char bonuses.

DeletedUser

Where is Joxer? He would be happy to see this. :D
Just heard the news and didn't believe it so I logged back on the forum, and it's true, OMG!

Joxer happy? Im not sure Ive ever seen that.
:joxerdoesthehappydance:
:D

Seriously, can't wait the new game version. I'll try to find more details on it, can't promise anything though.

Time to switch the avatar. Hint: recent RPG payforagoodreview sites (IGN, Gamespot, etc) hate and RPG lunatics (like me) adore. ;)

DeletedUser

One more question.

I went to google images once and found one image. It had all the options on the bottom, the character avatar is in a circle on the top left hand corner and the energy and health points gauge are around the circle, each taking half of the circle. The map was full screen and the whole screen was completely new. Is this what we are expecting?

DeletedUser

One more question.

I went to google images once and found one image. It had all the options on the bottom, the character avatar is in a circle on the top left hand corner and the energy and health points gauge are around the circle, each taking half of the circle. The map was full screen and the whole screen was completely new. Is this what we are expecting?

Could you link it or could you not find it again? (I hate when that happens). It might be, or it could be West Wars (I never played it so I have no idea what it looks like), or it could be one of those pics they were playing with on the devblog.

Edit: I think this is the one you're talking about: http://devblog.the-west.net/?p=587&lang=en http://devblog.the-west.net/?p=602&lang=en

DeletedUser21816

One more question.

This one?
thewestnew-1024x675.jpg

it's from 1 april 2011
http://devblog.the-west.net/?p=629&lang=en

edit: Elmyr edited his post :p